Geronimo Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20579

Inno, we have a problem! :(

This Geronimo's Shotgun weapon is far too powerful. Fort battle damage of 400-500, average of 450. The next best gun boasts an average of only 300 damage! I implore you to lower the damage of this rifle to minimum 350 average, 300-400 damage or remove it from the game. (Ideally removed from the game)

To put this in perspective, he will inflict about 3 times more damage than the average of the top ten of that world. Basically, it is like having 2 additional fort fighters on your side. :blink:

Lowering the damage of this gun will still make it the most powerful in the game, but it won't hurt the overall balance of the whole community.

Most of the complaints I see about fort battles is the use of health points. People are too big. When we continue to introduce buffs, more powerful weapons, and sector bonus to increase damage people will continue to increase their health points or just stop going to fort battles. I don't know how everyone feels but I play many worlds and the attendance at fort battles is down. Whether the fort fighters like it or not, the 2,000 health point dueler and quester are vital to the success of fort fights. Please stop introducing items that discourage them from attending.

So please do the right thing Inno. Remove this weapon from the game. Compensate those that own it and change the rewards program to adjust for this. Put it up on the wall with the Sword of a Thousand Truths and the Rocketin' Turtle.

Remember when the Gatling Gun was tried out and scrapped because it was too powerful? This Geronimo Shotgun is more powerful than the Gatling Gun!

Thank you :)

Ripwise

Just a heads up MFSR, i think only one player has that gun on .net!

As for people beings to skinny in fort fights that is their problem. I cant imagine fort battle with players having 2k hp and battle lasting 25 rounds.

DeletedUser16008

Just a heads up MFSR, i think only one player has that gun on .net!

As for people beings to skinny in fort fights that is their problem. I cant imagine fort battle with players having 2k hp and battle lasting 25 rounds.

I agree with MFSR...

As for the 2k hp ? ive never had moch more than that until natty set came out and last just fine thx as do most other normal players as long as they dont sit on point Duh..... the problem with too many tanks is stupid crits all the time ... no tactics at all to speak of anymore and a total waste of normal players time showing up to battles even hoping to get a high hit score.

To see a dueler taking the top score nearly every single time is just like watching HASSAN with geronimos... thats how us normal players feel with the crit bonus... lame and elitist.

This is in part why fort participation is down...

in fact most battles are like watching paint dry now..........:tumble:

DeletedUser21630

HP for fort battles should be one's choice. I am not set as a fort fighter and lately not even as a duller. I am just a poor adventurer and in fort battles I last just fine with 2 to 3k HP, I do enough damage and I would enjoy to see again the real strategies in battles instead of the tanks blocking at all times - it's becoming quite tedious and predictable.

Geronimo's gun is the same as duellers crits - the difference is Geronimo is one only on this server while dullers are everywhere:hmf:. It is ridiculous to see a lvl 20 dueller doing more dmg than a 120lvl adventurer. It is also ridiculous to say a lvl 20 dueller can get into a battle, but a lvl 20 adventurer cannot. Where's the balance? Crits are supposed to be things that rarely happen, should be remarkable hits that everyone can brag about at some point, not a common thing for one particular class... If we accept duellers having super powers in battles, than an adventurer/worker/soldier should be granted the favour of owning a remarkable gun as Geronimo. Would that unbalance the battles? Who knows...? Maybe yes, or maybe not, but in a nut shell things are pretty simple: to have balanced battles we need to have players who are able to take down tanks on either side, and to do that we need either the advantage of a dueller or a powerful gun - and keep in mind that the damage Geronimo does will never equal the crit of a dueller:no:. Also, we need to have the strategies that once kept us entertained - these days it is all robotic.

On a different note, think about the Golden Gun!!! There was outrage when the first ones came out as at that point they gave amazing advantage in the battles, but then everyone started to work towards getting one and battles became more fun. Think of Geronimo's gun as the better version of the GG and maybe instead of asking to be removed from the game ask to have it available for everyone in an impossible quest.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To anyone dismissing Geronimo's as no more unfair than duelers vs. everyone else:

1. Anyone can choose to be a dueler.
2. A non-dueler with Geronimo's still wouldn't outdamage premium duelers much.
3. The one Geronimo's on .net is in the hands of a dueler.

One player being allowed to dominate doesn't compare to one class being allowed to dominate.

DeletedUser20579

Ripwise: I think we can both agree you meant to say "i think only one player (too many) has that gun on .net!" Sure 2k is not going to survive against a firing squad, but those players are vital to the success of fort fights and many of them do just fine when they show up and participate.

Gaga: Yes, I came to whine, again. I love this game and when something is wrong, I speak out. I want to see the game flourish. Remember the old wise saying, "Inno prevails when good people stand by and do nothing" :rolleyes:

Victor: Anyone who watches or knows a battle knows who the MVP's should be. Each character serves his purpose for the good of the team. Soldiers tank, Adventurers block, Workers sit on their tower and hope the attackers come their way, and Duelers deal damage. If you want to measure on damage alone or some outside web site then yeah, duelers are king. Everyone has a choice of class and typically those numbers are even on each side.

Fafer: I will join you for a beer. :D

JullyAnne: Many people can do very well with 2-3k health. Gernoimo's gun is not in the same discussion as a duelers critical as this gun is given to a single player rather then a whole class that is typically equal on all sides. It is ridiculous that a level 20 dueler can out damage a level 120, but that is another topic. Once this issue is resolved we can turn our attention to that. ;)

The golden gun was too powerful when it first came out, people spoke out in the forums and it's damage was reduced. I don't want there to be a need for more health point, so I would rather see the gun discarded.

Elmyr: Exactly. :cool:

DeletedUser8627

There is only one of these guns on one world on .net given as compensation to a player for loses and time wasted with friendship point rewards.

Other guns owned are only in world 12 by NPC players that wil eventually be deleted, this is an event that is being run in this world.

DeletedUser

Well that does seem unfair then...... I invited someone who spent over 68K nuggets, what is there for people like me? Surely that equates to something special, a pink tutu maybe? :D

DeletedUser

Well that does seem unfair then...... I invited someone who spent over 68K nuggets, what is there for people like me? Surely that equates to something special, a pink tutu maybe? :D

then you should have a heap of friendship points!

DeletedUser

I agree with MFSR...

To see a dueler taking the top score nearly every single time is just like watching HASSAN with geronimos... thats how us normal players feel with the crit bonus... lame and elitist.

in fact most battles are like watching paint dry now..........:tumble:

totally true!

just as example of how disbalancing it is a level 10 with a stone and dueller class can do 6-7k damage with just having 5 crits in a battle, heck 10k with a bit of luck and prem character

where a level 10 of any other class might do 1-2k damage, the big difference is that damage is used to calculate xp, and thus duellers with their crit bonus got a huge advantage not to mention they tend to take the top damage awards.

geranimo's or dueller class bonus both make for an uneven playing field

and frankly 1 person has a geranimo's since even now he never even received his custom avatar (1 year later) and he got that gun as compensation, 1 person having such gun, meh its not the reason you lose a battle

DeletedUser

Also, i've seen some duelers with bear making 6000 damage in single fort fight :hmf:

DeletedUser

Jesus - stop complaining about character selections. You have the choice to pick your character class - if you want the glory of doing that kind of damage go out and become a dueller. Hassan is not unbeatable with his geronimos for damage. I admit it helps a lot - but keep in mind he is usually online for his battles - buffed for damage and sometimes to hit. I am in his town on w15 and every now and then other townies, including myself have beat his damage.
With the new idea of possibilities of mixed character bonuses - maybe calm down a little until that hits. In any case - fighting over the dueller class is silly. Everyone was granted the same options at lvl 10 to pick a class they wanted.
@fafer/srec: you are a dueller class in briscoe aren't you?
In any case - say the motion for more mixed class bonuses is deny and you still want to argue about dueller class. I ask you - if you removed the crit chance - what compensation would you give duellers? (Though don't answer that here - it is after all about the geronimos gun and i got a little side-tracked. Sorry)

DeletedUser

@fafer/srec: you are a dueller class in briscoe aren't you?

yep, and i suck there :)

my point really: criticals are ok. but they should be also related to type of weapon used not just percentage of target hp.
online premium dueler with geronimo's shotgun, buffed for damage/to hit chance, using natty sector for increased damage bonus and KNOWING how to play with all of the above: no problem! someone who invests so much in single fight, let them be among top damage dealers.

but doing 6000k damage with bear/stone/pocket watch ? that's simply silly.

DeletedUser

yep, and i suck there :)
but doing 6000k damage with bear/stone/pocket watch ? that's simply silly.

Ah okay - I get your statement now. However I guess that's just an unlucky fact and the 6k damage is all just pure luck - it's not many who will get there so not a huge issue. Especially since it's equal for all duellers (all can crit)

DeletedUser

i think its a good idea to link crit to a range of damage provided by some weapons

like from 1 till 100 u can do a certain crit
100 till 250 u can do ...
250 + u can do ....

or something like that

DeletedUser

then how would you take out a 14k tank group? with a crit that's a percentage of your gun damage? take the GG for instance. 232-348 damage. even if your crit is 100% of your max damage you can do 700 damage max to a 14k tank. Compare that to a 14k tank receiving a (1400 + 348) damage hit. there's 1000hp difference there that you want to remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.