A "Cancel All Jobs" button

• Thread starter DeletedUser22493
  • Start date

DeletedUser22493

Idea title:
A "Cancel All Jobs" button.

Details of idea:
A button that cancels all currently set tasks.

Visual Aid:
ODkMoQy.jpg

Edit: Added a missclick function.
ibmX4Sh.jpg

Reasons for submitting:
Simple really. Very often, I queue up 9 jobs, and then change my mind. Id like a "Cancel all Jobs" button, because canceling them manually takes too long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22685

I'd be for something like this, or simply just removing that stupid loading symbol that pops up and greys out our job queue. Before 2.0 there was no delay between cancelling jobs, so why does there have to be now? Without the delay it takes about five seconds to cancel all jobs, with the delay it seems to be excruciatingly long.

DeletedUser22493

They added the delay because it was too stressful for the servers or something.

DeletedUser34315

Yes, please! The delay between canceling jobs is very annoying on a slow connection.

DeletedUser

I was thinking about suggesting it myself, but I wasn't entirely sure about it. The biggest problem with it is accidentally canceling all jobs and wasting energy because of it. A prompt may be enough, but I'm still afraid mistakes would happen.

DeletedUser22493

Hmm, good point. Ill add a "Do you really want to do this?" checkbox.

DeletedUser6752

Yes, an excellent idea! Right now there are so many variables making this a good idea ...

- The Gold/Silver job you have queued up jobs for is no longer there - so now you have to cancel the first job, which may be only seconds away from completion, or else it's just wasted energy;
- Same as for above, only with the new 'bond quest' jobs, you have 15 seconds to cancel each job, and good luck if you get booted from the server randomly, or as futu pointed out, your whole job queue gets grayed out and you have to refresh before you can deal with it;
- You see a dueler show up at your job site and want to get out of there fast;
- The job canceling process is delayed already by the lag between when you click on one job and then the next - you need to pause over and over again in addition to re-aiming your mouse (sure it sounds like nothing, but try it with mouse issues)

It's an excellent idea, and with that confirmation checkbox, there'd really be no downside.

DeletedUser22493

Added a checkbox, so missclicking won't be a problem.
Yes, I know there are a couple of misspellings there. Im sure the dev's will take time to make their own.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22493

If no one objects, ill put this up for a vote soon. Im pretty sure we have covered all abuse prevention and such.
It's a minor idea, and I can't see the need for more discussion on it.

DeletedUser8627

You have a +1 from me. I would love to have such an option available.

Deleted User - 1278415

I agree with this one. Hate the delay and have been doing this a lot to deal with the silver ring jobs as Disappoint stated

I also agree with the using of this button that there should be a notification, stating any/all buffs used to do these jobs will be lost are you sure etc. I can handle that pause vs a pause from reshuffling the 4 jobs around.