Luck drops, the west 2.0

DeletedUser

Nope you would be wrong. TM is a 2 hour job. I have had 5 drops in 24 hrs. GR is a 5 min job, I have done under 8hrs of it, and have gotten now 5 drops. Most drops I have had is from Treasure Hunt which has given me 8 drops, but it has taken 39 hrs. Grave Robber is one of the better dropping jobs from this, in hours spent, but not in number of jobs. So as hours spent basically is related to energy use, it is better to use GR for more drops. Look at your analyser and you will see.

Not sure you are right. Assuming the chances of finding an item in 2 hours of TM is *24 the chances to find an item in 5 minutes of GR (and I believe this is true) then the chances are far better in TM.

Let's assume you do 2 hours a day of TM and 24*5 minutes of GR every day and ignore the energy spent completely. Item drops are directly relative to the motivation. After 2 hours of TM your motivation is 95%. After one hour (12 times) of GR your motivation is 40%. Where will you get better chances for item drops ? What will happen tomorrow when you start with 100% motivation for TM and 25% motivation for GR ?

Unless you use a large amount of buffs to increase motivation GR is a terrible job to do.

Personally I have done over 10 hours of GR now, 5 * 5 minutes a day for about two weeks, and got 2 item drops. I know I am fairly unlucky and you can't learn much from such low statistics but still ...

DeletedUser

Personally I have done over 10 hours of GR now, 5 * 5 minutes a day for about two weeks, and got 2 item drops. I know I am fairly unlucky and you can't learn much from such low statistics but still ...

5x5 = 25mins. multiplied by 14 = 6hrs 50mins.... That is 3 TM jobs. Seems you actually support my argument! :)

DeletedUser18222

5x5 = 25mins. multiplied by 14 = 6hrs 50mins.... That is 3 TM jobs. Seems you actually support my argument! :)

Sure he got 2 items,but depending on how good the item is,it makes GR good or bad.plus,what he did did was over a 2 week period. TM in the same time can be done in a day without not mot going too low (meaning higher chances). To go along with it,u can't do more than 5 jobs a day due to mot,unless u use buffs. But the buffs cost of the outweigh the profits from GR :p so if u do only 5 jobs a day,based on stilla's results, it will take 7 days to get something. Based on your results,U get one item every 19 days.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I have 5 items from under 8 hrs work in GR. TM 5 items from 24 hrs. If you go back and forth doing the jobs, maybe 10GR followed by 2 TM see what happens.... Or even 5 GR followed by 1 TM followed by 5 GR. Still 50mins work compared to 2 hrs. Odds are you will get 0 items :p Still wasted much less time and energy on GR!!!! Not sure how you based my results, but I have more items than him, so I am under his results! ;)

DeletedUser18222

I have 5 items from under 8 hrs work in GR. TM 5 items from 24 hrs. If you go back and forth doing the jobs, maybe 10GR followed by 2 TM see what happens.... Or even 5 GR followed by 1 TM followed by 5 GR. Still 50mins work compared to 2 hrs. Odds are you will get 0 items :p Still wasted much less time and energy on GR!!!! Not sure how you based my results, but I have more items than him, so I am under his results! ;)

No way u get 5 items per 12 jobs on TM. I usually get 7-8 per 12 jobs. GR I have done b4 12 times in a row and I got nothing.Btw u waste more energy on GR. 10*4 is 40 energy for 50 minutes. TM is 24 energy for 2 hours

DeletedUser

Grave robber is a 5 min job. I have now done 96 jobs, which equals 8 hrs. Which means the 5 items I have come 1 item every 19 jobs, or every 1hr and 35mins of work. The energy you have a point though I hadn't looked at it like that. Still the 5 items in 24 hrs of TM come every 4hrs and 48 mins. Looking at it again like that, GR still works better for me!

DeletedUser

Grave robber is a 5 min job. I have now done 96 jobs, which equals 8 hrs. Which means the 5 items I have come 1 item every 19 jobs, or every 1hr and 35mins of work. The energy you have a point though I hadn't looked at it like that. Still the 5 items in 24 hrs of TM come every 4hrs and 48 mins. Looking at it again like that, GR still works better for me!

How many days did those 96 jobs span on ? Did you do 5 minutes of GR every day ? Did you do 5 jobs per day which means would take you 19 days to do it ? I am not talking about energy or time duration - I am talking about the motivation drop. You can do 5 times TM every day for a week and still have decent motivation EVERY day. At the same time you'll only do 25 minutes of GR every day with the same motivation. That is unless you use buffs for motivation - but with 5 minute jobs it is crazy to keep using buffs ...

DeletedUser22685

ajdunno, how many days were those 96 grave robber jobs done over? It may only be 8 hours, but where you can do 8 hours of TM in a day and then your motivation will have refilled by the next day to do it all again, if you did those 8 hours of grave robber without using buffs and keeping your motivation at a reasonable level I'm guessing it took between 20 and 24 days.

Now tell me which one is a shorter time period?

DeletedUser

ajdunno, how many days were those 96 grave robber jobs done over? It may only be 8 hours, but where you can do 8 hours of TM in a day and then your motivation will have refilled by the next day to do it all again, if you did those 8 hours of grave robber without using buffs and keeping your motivation at a reasonable level I'm guessing it took between 20 and 24 days.

Now tell me which one is a shorter time period?
Who cares how many days it was over. Ok I will give some free advice. Use the allan set, with the 4 items you can add of the holiday set.... Now do jobs in groups of 5-6. Then move to the next job. You can easily move around a few jobs, and by the time you get back to GR your motivation will be back.

My times for jobs are Treasure Hunt 39hrs, Peace Neg 27hrs, TM 24hrs, Marriage Swindler 16hrs, Mercenery 15 hrs, Bounty Hunter and Chasing Bandits at 10 hrs and then GR at 8 hrs. I dont sit on one job day in and day out. Nor should you ;)

DeletedUser

Who cares how many days it was over. Ok I will give some free advice. Use the allan set, with the 4 items you can add of the holiday set.... Now do jobs in groups of 5-6. Then move to the next job. You can easily move around a few jobs, and by the time you get back to GR your motivation will be back.

My times for jobs are Treasure Hunt 39hrs, Peace Neg 27hrs, TM 24hrs, Marriage Swindler 16hrs, Mercenery 15 hrs, Bounty Hunter and Chasing Bandits at 10 hrs and then GR at 8 hrs. I dont sit on one job day in and day out. Nor should you ;)

You are not talking about the same thing I am - I assume some of the others are saying the same thing I do. We are not playing the whole game as grave robbers nor do we play it as merchants. We respec for one of those for a certain period of time for a specific target and then switch back after a while either with nuggets, bonds or the old fashioned way using the shaman. There is little point doing GR with low LP. Either you are specced for it and are searching for the real good stuff or you do money jobs and buy what you are after.

If you are doing all the jobs you mentioned - you can't have really high LP in any of them thus you can't really get the more expensive stuff and certainly not what people are usually after doing these jobs (GR and TM) with high LP. That's fine if that is the game you wish to play but it is not the case for most of us.

Again - most people go FMS for GR for a certain period of time and during that time they wish to get as much as possible. With a 5 minute job this becomes a joke while going for TM gives much better results in terms of real life time "wasted" on these jobs. I believe this sums up my point :)

DeletedUser

I got my al swearegen belt from GR... using a premium from the tombola. For 1 day i made 20 times GR. Got 2 rings, 1 letter part2 and the al swearegen belt.
So i got a great moment of luck, since the only thing i got during that day, was the thing i needed.
I was using the full holiday set. (since i only have the 4 cheap parts of allan and those don't give any luck)

DeletedUser

I got my al swearegen belt from GR... using a premium from the tombola. For 1 day i made 20 times GR. Got 2 rings, 1 letter part2 and the al swearegen belt.
So i got a great moment of luck, since the only thing i got during that day, was the thing i needed.
I was using the full holiday set. (since i only have the 4 cheap parts of allan and those don't give any luck)

First off congrats on finding Al's belt. This actually has something to do with the topic unlike the off topic conversation we are having here :_)

What was your motivation when you found the belt ?
You can find products regardless of your motivation (gold ring, note part 2) - but if you'd tell me you found the belt with 5% motivation you are one extremely lucky guy !

Spaceydk

I just did 30 times Trading with Indians keeping the motivation above 80% until the end when it slipped down to 60%
I got zero luck drops :( as an premium Advent with the full Allans set that give +50% luck.

DeletedUser

First off congrats on finding Al's belt. This actually has something to do with the topic unlike the off topic conversation we are having here :_)

What was your motivation when you found the belt ?
You can find products regardless of your motivation (gold ring, note part 2) - but if you'd tell me you found the belt with 5% motivation you are one extremely lucky guy !

I had 78% motivation when it dropped. (so started with 82%)

Since it was the only thing that dropped during that day (the energy was empty after the last try) it was one of the best drops i ever had.

DeletedUser30224

Is it true that Item drops tend to drop more often on long time jobs that short time jobs? I found it to be true. See, I had been experimenting with grave robber and I seldom got anything from many tries, and motivation is a problem after doing more than 4 straight in a row. Yet when I was doing something time consuming, I often got an items as a drop.

Of course it makes sense to me to highjack low time consuming job item drops, with enough liquorice or motivational buffs like the ridiculously easy craft of filtered cigarettes, each of us could be millionaires in a matter of days ? If it was true before the update that each job has a maximum value to drop at 1h duration, then it surely must be the same case now, the max item drop possibility is at 2 h. Only difference? Motivation, they screw us there. I'd prefer to do 20 graverobbers in a day with low item drop chance and 1% motivation degradability per job ... but clearly not the case.

DeletedUser

I think the drop stays the same like before.
They are all calculated on job done instead of time. So you should have the same chance of dropping something on GR or TM. The problem is really the motivation.

On the other side, the quest drops look like they where lowered. People are now taking a more time to find the things like the thing for the golden colt and the chest for the golden gun. (even that before people had troubles to get those too)

DeletedUser

I think the drop stays the same like before.
They are all calculated on job done instead of time. So you should have the same chance of dropping something on GR or TM. The problem is really the motivation.

On the other side, the quest drops look like they where lowered. People are now taking a more time to find the things like the thing for the golden colt and the chest for the golden gun. (even that before people had troubles to get those too)

Well if it stays the same like before, then it cannot be the same for GR and TM right now due to working duration. Before the update, the chance to find an item was the same for all jobs, but it was time and motivation sensitive. It was the same for 30m of GR as for 30m of TM. But now you have 5m GR and 120m (2h) TM. If the chance is X for TM, then for GR the chance is X/24

DeletedUser30224

that's exactly what I was thinking Duduie. Yet we both might be wrong. Or not.

DeletedUser

Well if it stays the same like before, then it cannot be the same for GR and TM right now due to working duration. Before the update, the chance to find an item was the same for all jobs, but it was time and motivation sensitive. It was the same for 30m of GR as for 30m of TM. But now you have 5m GR and 120m (2h) TM. If the chance is X for TM, then for GR the chance is X/24

I don´t think that it´s that way. I have made many times the TM and i didn´t had great drops. Some trousers or fort weapons. Nothing to think even that i have a little over the $5000 in value of drops. And, most of the times, i don´t get anything dropped (i get more things on breakup gangs than TM).
I didn´t try on a sheet test to see what drops, but i have been getting more things from low level jobs, counting that i make them the same time. (for example: Collect Eagle Feathers got me 5 belts in the last 13 times i did the job)

One thing that, is possible (with my luck, i can´t say), changed is the precious stones. On the old game i was getting 1 precious stone in each 4h of the job. On the 2.01 i have 33 times on precious stones and only have 1 uncut diamond and 1 uncut emerald (and 28 coal) even that i made the job when i find it silvered or golden.

Last edited by a moderator: