Freedom of speech

DeletedUser15641

Gandalf is right.

And who is going to determine if I troll or not?
Freedom of speech is more important then peoples feelings getting hurt.

Freedom of speech doesn't even exist in these forums :p.

So why its more important than peoples feelings getting hurt? Yet in here its actually all the way around.

So am I right, or wrong by the above statement?

DeletedUser

Read the rest of the Trolling: Illegal? thread and thy questions shall be answered.

DeletedUser

A comment about Freedom of speech as it is posed in some nation constitutions. While rallied as a fundamental right, every nation poses restrictions; ones that relate to violation of privacy, imposition of harm, danger to others, or threat of harm. Say the wrong thing, you may be imprisoned and may be forced to financially compensate the government or your victims. So, in truth, freedom of speech is heavily curtailed in "every" nation. I.e., it's not a rule, more like a pipe dream.

Now, i'm going to address the mistake most people make about the internet and these forums. Freedom of Speech exists almost nowhere on the internet. Almost all websites are privately owned, with a few government owned (and thus arguably publicly owned) that provide information only, don't provide you sections (forums, etc) to publicly post.

All privately owned websites are, essentially, on someone's private property. Speech is then posed as a privilege, not a right, which can be taken away if you violate the terms & conditions (the rules) as posed by the hosts of said websites. For example, this forum has rules. The owners are Innogames. You violate the rules of this forum, you can be penalized (even banned) and your post can be deleted.

It's pretty simple: When you visit any website, you're visiting someone else' house or place of business. Offend the hosts, urinate on their sofas, insult others in their household, start a fight, don't be surprised to find yourself facedown, ass-up, on the curb with a tent pole firmly affixed.