Gem Studded Pommel Recipe Change [Minor]

DeletedUser34270

I just wanted to put in a suggestion concerning the saddler craft and didn't know where to post it. I think the Gem studded pommel recipe should be changed from requiring an emerald to requiring any uncut stone. The craft was already severely weakened thanks to the new smaller maps. This would be a boost to saddlers across the game and it is perfectly reasonable. Here is why:

1.) Finding an uncut stone is already a drop that is rarer than almost any other drop required for crafting. It was less than 3 percent under the old structure. Restricting that drop to just emeralds or 1/3 of the already 3 percent drop rate is unreasonable.

2.) The equivalent crafted items for other crafts, while requiring more materials, do not require anything with nearly as low a drop rate. This puts the saddler at a disadvantage on the world market.

3.) Restricting it to any uncut gems would not flood the market with pommels. The job is still extremely difficult to do and the number of saddlers at that level is still fairly low.

That is my argument, Hope yall consider it and if someone can tell me who I can direct this complaint at more directly i'd appreciate it.

LB

Proposal
I propose to alter the recipe for Create gem-studded saddle pommel to provide for an alternative to the single emerald requirement by either requires semi-precious stones or requiring any one of the three cut stones (Emerald, Ruby or Diamond).

Current Workaround
No Current work around for recipe requirements.

Details
The Gem studded pommel recipe should be changed to allow for improved crafting and bring saddlers on par with other crafts.

Current Requirements: 1 Uncut Emerald and 1 Resin (1 Saw and 1 Jug Tonic Peddler)

Why Change:
1.) Finding an uncut stone is already a drop that is rarer than almost any other drop required for crafting. It was less than 3 percent under the old structure. Restricting that drop to just emeralds or 1/3 of the already 3 percent drop rate is unreasonable for what is the best crafting item for saddlers.

2.) The equivalent crafted items for other crafts, while requiring more materials, do not require anything with nearly as low a drop rate. This puts the saddler at a disadvantage on the world market.

Alternatives:
1.) 1 Resin and Any Uncut Stone (This could allow for more creative results by allowing different stones to have different outcomes.
2.) X Resins and X Semi-Precious Stones (X could reflect similar requirements for level 450 Recipes for other crafts.)

Abuse Prevention
Restricting it to any uncut gems would not flood the market with pommels. The job is still extremely difficult to do and requires special skilling to maintain a level of challenge.

Visual Aids
None

Summary
This change would serioussly benefit saddlers in the competitive world market by providing more opportunities to make the best crafted items they can. The craft took a hit with the reduced travel times already and could stand for a boost. Other players would gain from more pommels on the market for their use.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

First you need to format your suggestion per Guidelines for Posting [READ FIRST]. It's not a simple thing though. It would require major change to crafting to change a single recipe from requiring one item to requiring one of three items. The fact that it would be solely for one recipe makes it even less feasible.

Supposedly you can equip a diamond or emerald while working as a traveling merchant and a ruby will drop, or something like that. I never tried it and don't remember the exact details. It would be much simpler to change that so equipping any gem doing TM caused one of the other two gems to drop.

DeletedUser22493

Like Elm said, please use the format found in the Guidelines for Posting [READ FIRST].

I agree that gems generally drop to rarely for it to be part of a crafting recipe.
How about instead of using uncut gems, it could use semi-precious gem stones?

DeletedUser

How about instead of using uncut gems, it could use semi-precious gem stones?

A better alternative than my counter. Easier job, more realistic end product than a saddle pommel studded with emeralds.

DeletedUser

A better alternative than my counter. Easier job, more realistic end product than a saddle pommel studded with emeralds.

indeed just make it 2 resin and 8 semi precious stones or so, since it shouldn't be to easy though. uncut emeralds had a droprate of 3% means 12% per 24 energy, means you had to spend about 200 energy to get 1. semi precious stones got an 17% droprate currently means you need to do about 6 jobs to get 1, so if it requires 8 of em it will still need the same energy effort as before.

about those uncut emeralds: the only way those uncut emeralds drop is on travelling merchant and dig for rare gemstones, but digging for rare gemstones is a job that no one will do anymore, since in the past it gave much more coal then coal mining, but now coal mining gives almost the triple amount of coal. And yeah it gives great xp but usually only level 120 fortfighters can do the job and those don't really need xp.

As on travelling merchant its one of the very many products that can drop so it will still be rare as hell

DeletedUser34270

I am a pure melee dueler which makes the job feasible for me but I agree. I didn't even include my complaints about the fact that coal drops terribly for the job. I like it because it is a two hour job, I just wish I had something to do with all these rubies and diamonds i get. And i get a lot more rubies and diamonds than emeralds.

Finally, there is no chance I could do traveling merchant, but yeah, I doubted this would go anywhere, wanted to vent my frustration though.

LB

DeletedUser22493

So.. That means you have no interest in actually changing anything, you just wanted to complain? Thats a shame, because it's a pretty good start for an idea.

But if its not in format tomorrow, it gets closed.

DeletedUser

1.) 1 Resin and Any Uncut Stone (This could allow for more creative results by allowing different stones to have different outcomes.
2.) X Resins and X Semi-Precious Stones (X could reflect similar requirements for level 450 Recipes for other crafts.)

I still prefer semi-precious stones. If we went with the former, with the crafting system that we have, it would require adding two new recipes, which wouldn't be so bad, but we would really have to add two new versions of every 450 recipe.

Edit: Actually, that might be nice. Tonic peddlers could have peace water (or w/e) and lotus water. Cooks could have Jefe's dinner (with tequila) and Captain's dinner (with rum). The blacksmith 450 would be a little bit harder. It would have to just be a couple different damage buffs, like one with about the same average and a higher max and lower min, and one with a lower average but more uses.

DeletedUser34270

Ideally you would avoid adding more recipes and just have the original recipe allow you to craft three items. That way people won't have to collect those new recipes and it would open up a lot of options for crafting unique items on all accounts.

DeletedUser22493

Re-opened, and merged the unformatted and formated posts.