County Chat [Minor]

DeletedUser

Proposal
Make one Server Chat for the server and remove all the New County chat rooms like Room 1, Room 2 etc.

Current Workaround
None.

Details
One server chat would show all people online on the server. We could finally abuse the annoying enemies in fort battles, something lost with new chat. As an additional benefit, chat up random people.

Abuse Prevention
One possible Abuse - You can't hide from chat, showing you're online to everyone.
Prevention - Add feature to remove from chatroom when clicked on Option to exit chatroom. (I suppose it still does that, but I'm not sure)

Visual Aids
fygkg.jpg

Summary
With the county chats gone, we can not chat with players in and around the same area. The players in the new chat rooms are random. This takes away a fun part of the game where we used to banter with the opposing side during the fort battles, as not all of them are in the same room as you are.
Though I think new Room chats are an improvement as there are less rooms with more people in them, we can't change chat rooms and can't really have an open house in chat. Having one server chat could fix that as there'd be no need for changing rooms and all the players on the server would be in there. Also it gives a better opportunity to players who are not part of any alliance to have a social aspect in the game.
I think there is a limit of 80 people per chat room, and when one chat room was filled, another one was opened. So at busy server times there would be multiple county chats. I'm not aware the limit of 80 is imposed due to coding requirements or to ease the pressure off the server, but I hope the ceiling is lifted and there is only county/server Chat.

Disclaimer
If you are offended by my idea or the presentation of it or the language, I am a certified sane person. The intent of the proposal is to add fun, and not to be politically correct. Feel free to add your constructive input.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

WanderingStranger

This has my support.

Almost everyone ignores the new rooms. I try to answer questions from new players (when I actually notice) but very few people actually use them.

If for some reason we cant all go in 1 room even bringing county rooms back would be an improvement.

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

I'd prefer just good old county chat back so there's less njub conversations to keep making our chat window flash, but this would still be better than the current setup.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't call global chat a minor idea, and it has been suggested. I was against it, but since chats aren't automatically opening, it wouldn't bother me now. It would make more sense than the random chats we have now, but I'm sure they have a reason for not just putting everyone in one chat, even if random chats with people from all over the world don't make much.

Deleted User - 1278415

I think I would get use to it. if done as Alliance/town/fort/county/global chat tabs

I hate when Im talking to the other alliance in a county chat and the battle ends and then they get sent home to a different county. It would be nicer if we could continue the chat in the global server chat and continue the conversation.

DeletedUser

I termed it a Minor idea as it required a little change in existing feature, not adding anything new to the game.

Didn't mentioned the old county chats because we all are aware no matter how much we want them, we won't be going back to old chat, or to old version of anything in West 2.0.

I'm not sure if I'd like having both a global chat and a county chat. With Town/Alliance/Fort Battle chats alongside, it would clutter up of lot of my screen, and could border on spam. Though I assume the spam would be more in Global chat, its always easier to ignore one chat room when you want to. Ignoring two feels like an effort :p

DeletedUser

I termed it a Minor idea as it required a little change in existing feature, not adding anything new to the game.

A new chat server that can handle every player on a world isn't minor. A lot of Flash farming clones require premium purchase of an item to allow you to speak in global chat to reduce the server load.

DeletedUser22493

The reason we never had a server chat before, was that they could never figure out how to deal with the stress load. I recall they even tried it on beta at some point.

Like Elm said, if they make it a prem feature, it might work as a carrot enough to do it.

DeletedUser

Its taboo to talk about any update which involves spending more nuggets.

Deleted User - 1278415

A one time prem purchase or is this a 2 week purchase?
Forget it premium to chat.. whatever. just go nickel and dime yourselves to sleep.

Deleted User - 1278415

I was referring to adding it to an excising prem feature.

I'm not sure how much it would be used if it was a nugget chat room added on to Any of the 4 major nugget purchases of automation/energy/character bonus/higher income.

I no longer purchase those bi-weekly add-ons. so if the idea wants to go that route I would vote against it.

DeletedUser

The idea is to make one active chat, with more participation. With majority of players not using premium, going the way of regular nugget use would be counter productive.

Inno could give us some usable items which allow the use of global chat per use. Those items could be as rewards from achievement, from crafting, from quests etc and also purchasable from UPB shop. It has to be easy to get and cheap to purchase.

Ideally I would like inno to see the advantage from active chat as it promotes activity, and invest some amount of cash in upgrading their servers, without charging players. More players would bring in more money to make up for additional investment. Free is the way to go.

Deleted User - 1278415

How about we drop the nugget chat idea a bit, and look at other ways of doing it... perhaps a level requirement chat.

If you are over say level 99 then you get a global chat area to talk to the higher level ups.
This would keep the lower level njubs out from posting simplistic questions and just be a chat area for higher ups to use. It would also reward those going over the level 99 hump.

DeletedUser22685

I don't like the idea of having to unlock a chat with nuggets or bonds or levelling or anything else really. IMO the best solution by far is bringing back county chat, it's not like this would go against anything 2.0 was meant to accomplish so I don't see why it would be out of the question. Just replace room chats with county chat, simple as that.

DeletedUser

It wouldn't be exactly like that...it would be more like an item you'd buy from the bond shop that would let you enter one line of chat. I'm not suggesting it and I think it's pretty stupid, I'm just saying it's not as simple as just putting every single person on a world in one chat.

Deleted User - 1278415

It wouldn't be exactly like that...it would be more like an item you'd buy from the bond shop that would let you enter one line of chat. I'm not suggesting it and I think it's pretty stupid, I'm just saying it's not as simple as just putting every single person on a world in one chat.

ok now after I see what Elmyr/Rebow pov is in that it is just a way to notify the whole world briefly:

like Al Swear belt on the market or Fort Battle in 1 hour
Or I have way too many bonds/nuggets in my pocket and this is how I use them :laugh:

Telegram buffs

Well if it cant be the whole world then I'll take county as it use to like futu suggested.