Advent Calendar 2012

• Thread starter DeletedUser6752
  • Start date

DeletedUser6752

OK, I've been waiting for December 1st so I can start opening the Advent Calendar windows and stock up on gingerbread, cookies, oats - all the good stuff we've come to expect this time of year.

December 1st - click on the appropriate window, nervously anticipating my prize .....

2 ears of corn.

That loud crack I just heard must have been the camel's back.

Deleted User - 1278415

At least I got some sugar to fix that bitter sucking sound of my advent calendar that I got out of mine.

And your name is so appropriate. Glad you didnt get named Overwhelmed with joy!

Well tis the season to be greatful for any little thing. We cant always be blessed to get the buffs that we got several years ago, that to just be happy in what you are getting.

Now if I could get some cigars to drop that would be most excellent... come on 11% drop rate is killing my characters time.

DeletedUser

Maya is out of her mind! She put 5 hams inside the first door

DeletedUser29056

Unless it drops some ship bells or post horns; almost everything else it drops isn't going to be useful to me :)

Please say there is something nice at the end if we do it all though.. Please.... :)

Nisa

5 turkeys !!
Was a little disappointed after I heard everyone bragging about getting grains and beans but hey ! Cant wait for next day to open my calendar and get grains too.

Seriously ,there better be something good at the end lol

DeletedUser22685

It's not a bug, the products dropped from the Advent calendar will be used in a series of Christmas quests (the ones mentioned by Desi here). Admittedly this will help a lot with those quests which would be really tedious to do without the assistance from the calendar, but I think we'd all rather the usual products.

DeletedUser12669

i cant open mine not sure im fussed i want gingerbread and cookies :unsure:

DeletedUser12669

thanks GF i now have 3 calenders and hmmmm 4 potatoes hahahahaha

DeletedUser

Could be. I wonder what else they could be. Those sets give a big advantage, which could be considered to be giving you a big disadvantage to the people who do get them if you don't. Then there's also the fact that you need the right set depending on what it is you do on that world. I always seemed to have a knack for getting cookies when I'm townless, liquorice for fort fighters, and crackers everywhere.

DeletedUser

Anyone else get a quest starter from Henry on 2nd December.

I accepted and received 10 XP and everything in German. Thanks for that Innogames, now if I can just find someone to tell me what the hell the message was all about as there is no follow up in the saloon so far.

Why do we continually get this language problem, or are we non German speakers second class citizens?

Oh and for the record, my advent calendar rewards are

1st December - 4 sugar
2nd December - 4 sugar

I get the feeling that December is going to be a very long tiresome month. Come on guys get your act together and get things sorted please

DeletedUser

Anyone else get a quest starter from Henry on 2nd December.

I accepted and received 10 XP and everything in German. Thanks for that Innogames, now if I can just find someone to tell me what the hell the message was all about as there is no follow up in the saloon so far.

Why do we continually get this language problem, or are we non German speakers second class citizens?

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=51840&page=2 <----i posted translation here

DeletedUser

I agree that we shouldn't have the endless translation problems, but damn, it takes me 10 seconds to translate it with Google. It's not exactly some huge handicap. You miss some nuances with Google translate, but it's not hard to know exactly what it's supposed to say.

DeletedUser6752

I agree that we shouldn't have the endless translation problems, but damn, it takes me 10 seconds to translate it with Google. It's not exactly some huge handicap. You miss some nuances with Google translate, but it's not hard to know exactly what it's supposed to say.

The point being that we shouldn't have to even go to Google translate to get a pidgin representation of what everything should say - whether that be duel results or quest descriptions. Quests used to be in English; so did duel results. Are we heading backwards now? I'd go on, but there's no reason to.

DeletedUser

Quests used to be in English; so did duel results. Are we heading backwards now? I'd go on, but there's no reason to.

Oh yeah, this is a COMPLETELY new issue that's never happened before. Where the hell have you been? Half of all new quests have ALWAYS been in German at the beginning. German has ALWAYS popped up in towns, duels, and other places. I've seen "Stufe" in game in various places more than I've seen "Level". This is not remotely a new issue. It's as old as the game.

Last edited by a moderator: