Automatic Bounty Generation

DeletedUser

Proposal
Successful dueling against other players will automatically generate a small bounty against the winner. This will only be generated on players that satisfy all three of the following: 1- initiated the duel, 2 - won the duel, 3 - recieved money from the victim.

Current Workaround
Currently bounties must be placed on a player by another player. In some worlds there are very few targets for would-be bounty hunters.

Details
When a player initiates a duel and wins the duel, an amount equivalent to 20% of the money stolen from the victim is made a bounty on that player automatically. To avoid having thousands of players in the Sheriffs roster with minor bounties, the amount would accumulate behind the scenes and would be put on the bounty list only after reaching $400 (at this point the player has made $2,000 from dueling). Players may still put bounties on each other at the same time, my suggestion would supplement an existing system. The bounty will be for live capture, not for killing the target.

Problem Prevention
The only problem I can think of is that a small amount of additional money will be introduced into the game. It is a small enough amount that I doubt it will cause a flood of cash.

Summary
Bounty hunting is not a realistic pursuit in some of the worlds and few players under level 70 have bounties on them. This minor change would generate a lot of new bounty hunting prospects with very little work on the part of dev. The beauty of the system is that only the most persistent duelers will be carrying the most bounty on their heads, and those that don't enjoy dueling need never worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Good idea, I think duelers need some more motivation and credit for their hard work. Even an active dueler won't be rewarded as much as an inactive fort fighter. There isn't much incentive to put big bounties on players because there's the possibility of friendly dueling, plus the player who places the bounty just loses their money...

I'm in favor of this idea, as it balances out the game in my opinion :)

Harsha..

Sounds good in my opinion! - as a dueler, i simply love having bounties being put on my head. But, people are a bit quriky with money and you've got to press them hard for a bounty :p

I would like to suggest an additional feature to this idea - regularly, workers and fort fighters, who can't duel are knocked out unilaterally. Most of them are smart enough to put money in the bank regularly, so their attackers wont get much of a bounty in the long term (while dueling, 50% the times i walk away without getting any cash)

Town treasuries have heaps of cash, which often lay unused. Town founders can have the power to enable a system, where some money from the treasury is automatically put on a player, who KOed a member of the town (for a wanted dead bounty). This bounty can range from $500 - $5k. Any player of the town, who initiated a duel within a week will be exempt from this system

DeletedUser

I like this idea, as a duller myself, I'd find it fun to have a WANTED status (Nobody EVER puts a bounty on my head...:( ), and Harsha's idea makes it even better, hte idea needs to be put into proper format though.

Harsha..

I like this idea, as a duller myself, I'd find it fun to have a WANTED status (Nobody EVER puts a bounty on my head...:( ), and Harsha's idea makes it even better, hte idea needs to be put into proper format though.

sorry, didn't realize it had to be put that way. I just suggested the idea for the thread starter to add to his draft, if he likes it

If the author (crosseyed Jim) is too busy to promote his idea, i'm willing to take over to push it to voting :)

DeletedUser

sorry, didn't realize it had to be put that way. I just suggested the idea for the thread starter to add to his draft, if he likes it

If the author (crosseyed Jim) is too busy to promote his idea, i'm willing to take over to push it to voting :)

Ooops. Guess I have been busy.
I didn't actually completely understand all of your suggestion Harsha, hence the silence. I didn't understand what you meant by "knocked out automatically" and if I guess what it means I'm not sure how that changes game play at all other than save us 10 seconds of watching dueling in action.
I do like the idea of putting town treasury on a player as bounty. I do think it should be on a different thread though. Even though it is related to my idea, mine requires no new GUI, and just a little bit of background coding. Your idea is attractive, but I think it is a different level of coding as the current interface would have to be changed. Go ahead and start a new thread for people's comments.

DeletedUser

Anyone know how to put an idea up to vote? I'm just curious how this is all done ;p Do the moderators do that?

DeletedUser

The idea is nominated by someone on this thread:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=31017

Then the forum mods consider whether it is worth putting it to a vote and if they think it is, it is discussed for a bit then a poll is added to the thread (which would by now be in the development and discussions section of the forum.

Harsha..

congs, cross-eye for getting this idea to vote so soon :)

I see your point on my idea requiring a different level of coding, will make a new thread for it soon!