Proposed Salery Formula

DeletedUser3741

Proposed Salary Formula

((((Salary percent) +((Salary percent/100) * (Salary percent/2)))* Hours)*(motivation at end/100)*((labor points*0.002)+1))*Random

Random - any number between 0.5 and 1.5

For those that cant read equations (or in case i messed up on the parenthesis)

The amount in the % is your "Salary Percent"
Divide your Salary Percent by 100 to get a decimal version of your Salery Percent
Multiple the Salary Percent Decimal by your Salary percent divided by 2
Add this number to your Salary percent to this number then multiply by amount of hours
Multiply the decimal version of your motivation
Then take the amount of labour points you have, multiply it by 0.002 Save this second number
Add 1 to this second number
Multiply this second number with your current calculations to get your result

Example
Oil - 83% for 2 hours with 15 labor points
0.83x(83/2)= 34
34.44 + 83 = 117
117 x 2 = 234
Multiply by 94%(means he started at 100%) motivation = 219
Multiply by labor of 1.03 = 225

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You did some jobs with 250 labor pts to figure this? Congratualtions on beating that giant random factor.

DeletedUser3741

Yes I can do jobs with 250 labor, the calculations are based on 76% and 30%

The massive random factor cant be helped, its the only way to explain how occasionally you get a stupid amount
This is true about xp as well, how a job will always give you say 50 xp, then 1 time it suddenly gives you like 20xp

DeletedUser

Unlikely... the random factor is too influential, it actually nullifies the importance of all other factors. If the designers so desire, they'd simply use Salery percent * Hours * Random to save a great amount of server resources.

DeletedUser3741

Well to check for accuracy use random factor of 1.0
meaning dont even consider a random at all, and see if its close to what you usually get

DeletedUser3543

((((Salery percent * Hours)+(Salery percent/100 * Salery percent))*(motivation at end/100)*(labor points*0.002+1))*Random

Random - any number between 0.5 and 1.5

Now your formula uses 'motivation at end' in the calculations, but you simple use 'labour points'.

Can I put it forward that the labour points can and do change during the job if a player changes clothes...

Since we haven't had a confirmation as to whether the labour points are used from when the job was started or when the job was finished, have you any further evidence from your testing to answer this crucial question?

DeletedUser3741

labor points is the name to the number in the "=" when you go to jobs

if you mouse over it, it states that it does have an effect on wages, the exact amount is yet to be determined, as i think my sample size isnt large enough

also i believe that all calculations are made at the end of the 2 hours, so it takes your motivation at the end and your labor points at the end, this can be noticed if you try to remove a piece of clothing on a job you could only do with the clothing, it wont let you, also i use 'motivation at end' because thats what the reports show

DeletedUser

Have you tried your formula for more jobs and with different labor points? I noticed that your formula gives too high predictions nearly on every job.
Talamare said:
also i believe that all calculations are made at the end of the 2 hours, so it takes your motivation at the end and your labor points at the end, this can be noticed if you try to remove a piece of clothing on a job you could only do with the clothing, it wont let you, also i use 'motivation at end' because thats what the reports show
Can you please explain me the logic in your statement? I think the only reason for denying of removal of your clothing is, that after that you will not be able to do that job at that moment. I think that you need to think as a programmer.

1. You need to spare as much storage as possible. That means no remembering anything that realy isn't necessary for computations. Also forget about saving anything at the start of the job.
2. For keeping up with reality you need to make sure that during a job you will have labor points at value 1 or greater. This implies what I wrote above.
3. Use current motivation and then decrease motivation by 3% per hour at work. You can still use your motivation after, but I don't see any reason why they need to do this because with that approach you will do better at doing 30 mins jobs than at doing 2h jobs.

DeletedUser

why not just look for high salary %, high motivation%, and work for full 2 hrs?

then u'd always get best result...=p

DeletedUser

why not just look for high salary %, high motivation%, and work for full 2 hrs?

then u'd always get best result...=p
You don't understand. When you know how the sallary is computed, then you know what to learn to get best results.

DeletedUser

um... go to weststats check out all salary, labor requirement on the job and compute a best one for u w/ most fit equipment... wouldn't that be good enough?

DeletedUser

um... go to weststats check out all salary, labor requirement on the job and compute a best one for u w/ most fit equipment... wouldn't that be good enough?
No. Consider the possibility that labour points can influence the sallary in such a away that you can get more money from low difficulty job than the higher one. Until you don't know the equation, you can not be sure if your template is effective enough for what you wanted to achieve.

DeletedUser

w/ the equation, "(labor points*0.002+1)" say u got 100 labor points... that adds 120%
it's almost impossible in later game where jobs easily require 100 even 200 diff point
how ever if u go back to lower level job, it could give a major boost, but then the salary% it self is low enough to almost not give u any good rate of money =_=a

anyhow, my point was thx for brought the equation up, gives me some thinking ^^

DeletedUser

With his equation at lvl 99 with maxed trade you will be best at
Mercenary work for 424$ per hour

With my equation at lvl 99 with maxed trade you will be best at
Drilling for oil for 60$ per hour

Do you see the difference?

Currently my equation is

Sallary_percentage/100*(Motivation_after/100+0.03*Hours_at_work)*(60+Sqrt(Sum_of_the_skills))*Hours_at_work

DeletedUser3741

Drilling for oil at 1 labor point gives you $230 in 2 hours
This isnt calculated, but in game fact

DeletedUser

Drilling for oil at 1 labor point gives you $230 in 2 hours
This isnt calculated, but in game fact
Per one hour?

But still your equation gives only 71$ per hour for drilling at lp = 1

DeletedUser3741

w/ the equation, "(labor points*0.002+1)" say u got 100 labor points... that adds 120%
it's almost impossible in later game where jobs easily require 100 even 200 diff point
how ever if u go back to lower level job, it could give a major boost, but then the salary% it self is low enough to almost not give u any good rate of money =_=a

anyhow, my point was thx for brought the equation up, gives me some thinking ^^
You multiple first

100 labor points would add 20%, ill add more parenthesis to the equation to make it simple to read

I also modified it slightly

DeletedUser

Sorry, I made a mistake in rewriting your formula, but still it's not correct. 1 hour job should earn you half of the sallary of your 2h job. But you get 194$ for 2 hours and 114$ for 1 hour which is weird because it's not a half of 194$. But still thank you for telling me how much you will earn at Drilling for oil at lp 1.