Ability to search in your telegrams

DeletedUser

Ability to search in your telegrams and reports

Hi guys,

I'm from the Dutch forum, and a few weeks ago I posted an idea there which was liked a lot. Now I would like you to tell what your opinion is about this idea.

Idea

A search possibility for your telegrams and reports.

Details
For example.. If you have sent a telegram to someone for, let's say, two weeks ago.
Time passes and you have a lot of new pages, but you want to answer on the telegram you sent two weeks ago. Now, you have to search through every single page for the telegram you're looking for. With this idea, you could simply search inside all your telegrams and you'll find it much faster!
Another example: You've finally found you 3rd key and after two weeks, somebody asks to the report (don't ask why :p), now you've to search all of your grave robbery reports to find the right one.

Search ability for telegrams: Title and sender
Search ability for reports: Job and luck (found items, for example.. 3rd key)

Abuse prevention
Doesn't apply.

Visual Aids
I'm very poor at this, but just a search button would fit.

Summary
This would be much easier, to take a look inside all of your telegrams at once (especially for a town/ally leader or someone else, but I think it would be useful for the regular players too.) Same for reports, see example, you can find it much easier and faster!

I'm curious for your opinion!

Levvvie

Last edited by a moderator:

delldell56

i would also like to have my (saved) telegrams back, so i can do any searching.

i believe if there is one thing that should not have given players so many reasons to grieve is the ingame mailing system. i mean, developers must be familiar with emails, right? they should know very well what annoys people, what works, what shouldn't be done, what people expects.

DeletedUser

Yeah, searching by sender would be very easy to implement. Searching telegram contents wouldn't be much more difficult, but I think searching by name alone would work in most cases.

DeletedUser

We have the limited ability to categorize your telegrams and just view that group, perhaps that could help until the telegram system is actually updated but I'm all for the search/sort features being added to the telegram system.

DeletedUser22493

Very similar, except yours was poorly explained and lacked details. So does this one for that matter, but it has more.

DeletedUser22493

Okey, all tho I like the base of this idea, it is not thought well enough through.
As much as id like to, I can't just ship off half finished ideas to the devs and cross my fingers hoping they will get inspired and work out the rest themselves.

What do you want to search for in your telegrams? Sender? A keyword from a sentence in the telegram, or in the title? The date it was sent?

Also, why can you include searching for reports? It's such a similar idea, that there really is no need for 2 threads.

Either ways, you need to work out the details, or this idea will never make it to the voting stage.

delldell56

just tell them to copy whatever web based email site and even the crappiest one will be much better than what we have now. they all allow you to sort your mail by sender, date, group, etc.

DeletedUser17649

Title, Sender and date should be enough, thought if they were to include keyword searching I wouldn't complain, unless 'twas a crappy one, that is.

DeletedUser

Okey, all tho I like the base of this idea, it is not thought well enough through.
As much as id like to, I can't just ship off half finished ideas to the devs and cross my fingers hoping they will get inspired and work out the rest themselves.

What do you want to search for in your telegrams? Sender? A keyword from a sentence in the telegram, or in the title? The date it was sent?

Also, why can you include searching for reports? It's such a similar idea, that there really is no need for 2 threads.

Either ways, you need to work out the details, or this idea will never make it to the voting stage.

Well, I think sender and title is enough.

Why not searching for reports too? Well, of course that's possible too, but you can already search quite good in your reports (Duells, Fortfights, Jobs, etc.), so that's less necessarily then searching in telegrams (but it's possible ofcourse, why not?)

If the devs think it's very similar, they'll add the report search button anyway, won't they? But I don't think searching in reports is necessary, so that's why I didn't add reports too, but if it can't get to the vote stage without, then we can add it too ofcourse :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15641

Hmm this is a rip off...no wait no its not lol i was jking.

I am pretty happy to see it into the polls soon :)

DeletedUser22493

We could poll this, and it would most likely pass the vote.
But that is why id very much like to see you add a search function to the reports as well.
Why not smack two flies while we're at it?

If you'd like some help adding it, let me know and ill whoop something up.