Please choose from the options below:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Copied directly from dev blogg ( http://devblog.the-west.net/):

What will be migrated?
Your character with all of his stats, inventory, skills, profession, recipes, quests, achievements, avatar, premium settings.
What will not be migrated?
Your messages, forts, town. This means you will leave your town / alliance and you will be townless on the world.

Should answer your question mostlyevilrick

1Big Chief

Careful with those buttons :)

I am against allowing players from other worlds, especially credit card nugget munching / Skill buyers entering world one. I will really be the death of world 1. :unsure:
I they allow even ONE player in from Skill buying worlds... they should compensate the entire non-skill buying players with 200 - 500 skill points (just a thought - vote on how much should be done)

A good idea to migrating to save the west game ... but you don't take away 1 problem to create another :no:

DeletedUser

I play on only 1 world and that world is 1. I like world 1 because you dont have all the BS of the FULL PREMIUM SYSTEM where people can buy everything. I DO NOT want people that HAVE BOUGHT SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTE POINTS coming into world 1!! It would give an unfair advantage to those who have bought skills!! and then transfer to world 1 where the players that are already there have not bought stats and skills. Very bad idea that MUST BE ADDRESSED if you allow players to move into WORLD 1 (CLASSIC PREMIUM)

DeletedUser15641

they did not create one problem but multiple ones.....

problem 1 me! problem 2 people are sick and tired of re starting and watch their hard work just booms in their face like dust!And goes away i don't see why people are seeing it a good idea while it is not...

If you really think about it then you will see that their is more disadvantages then advantages since that is its biggest problem why are you guys trying to save the west by killing it?

DeletedUser

I voted yes to both ways, but yeah, that is a good point. It should just affect Colorado though, assuming migrating to w2-w10 is not an option. Anyone from w2+ migrating to w1 would have an advantage, but I think it would be best for w1 to allow people from enhanced premium worlds to migrate there.

How is it in my best interest for you to migrate there? That would be in your best interest not for the existing players. What would be in my best interest would be you want to be in world 1 then join and start at level 1.

DeletedUser8627

My only problem with migrating to another world is the massive amount of time and money I have spent on this one (W5). I think my town has about 46k points and I have spent about 180k building it up. Do I lose all that money? can i migrate with my town? can I get the money refunded? I don't have a problem with moving, I understand the point and the benefits as well. Without addressing these issues though I think the longest playing and most loyal players are being punished.

Unfortunately not, towns and forts stay behind in the old world. These are not transferable all :(

DeletedUser15641

Announcement>:

The unknown general have now been withdrawing all his ideas except the one passed idea due to this idea since it is not personal in killing the other worlds.If this idea passes then all my ideas are not to be touched!Don't delete my ideas just move them to archive i might want to use them if this idea not pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

How is it in my best interest for you to migrate there? That would be in your best interest not for the existing players. What would be in my best interest would be you want to be in world 1 then join and start at level 1.

Because not everyone loves w1's system. If people will be allowed to migrate FROM w1 people need to be able to migrate TO w1 to take their place.

Edit: And the UP shop has blurred the differences between enhanced and classic premium anyway.

DeletedUser

I see a few options that are missing from the poll:

- "I play on the expanded premium system, I would like to move to a world with expanded premium system." - I'd vote for this, I'm playing in 2 such worlds and would prefer to remain in the same premium system.
- "I play in Colorado and I LIKE / DON'T LIKE the idea that players from other worlds are able to join my world." - players in W1 are asked about their opinion, but what is the opinion of Colorado players about an influx of level 120 players?

How I see the migration:
- The "dead" worlds are locked, so no new players can join them; existing players are given the option to move to another world.
- Alliances in these "dead" worlds will probably run internal polls and decide the world where they'll move.
- Once the majority of active players migrated, and inactive accounts are deleted, the dead worlds will become even more deserted, "forsaken" - I guess less than 500 players will remain in each of these.

Now Innogames will have to decide what to do with these "forsaken" worlds. I see three possibilities:
- pull the plug, and force the remaining players to migrate or lose their characters if not migrated by a deadline;
- keep the worlds open indefinitely, until the last player quits;
- the middle ground: choose a minimum number of players, and once the players in a world fall below this limit, set the timer for that world's deletion.

DeletedUser34422

here's idea, why not let the levels raise so players that are 120 can keep going to do jobs not available unless they reskill, if you are planning on closing worlds and making players migrate.

DeletedUser

This sounds like a great opportunity for players with characters on different worlds (and different e-mail addresses) to combine all of their gear into one super player. They can even sell the excess gear to get more funds. Creating a lopsided game like that will surely be more fun and breathe life to all of the worlds. This is a stupendous idea!

DeletedUser

I agree with banshee, w10 is cool, you should make a poll for each world!

DeletedUser

here's idea, why not let the levels raise so players that are 120 can keep going to do jobs not available unless they reskill, if you are planning on closing worlds and making players migrate.

What does the level cap have to do with migrating? Instructions from the bond shop have already made doing any quest job ridiculously easy, why make it easier?

DeletedUser15641

Its a must process you choose which character you want and then almost all the others are wiped out.

DeletedUser17649

Depends on what you want to do.
If you want to move a character to e.g W12 you'd have to delete the one already there.

DeletedUser

I see a few options that are missing from the poll:

- "I play on the expanded premium system, I would like to move to a world with expanded premium system." - I'd vote for this, I'm playing in 2 such worlds and would prefer to remain in the same premium system.
- "I play in Colorado and I LIKE / DON'T LIKE the idea that players from other worlds are able to join my world." - players in W1 are asked about their opinion, but what is the opinion of Colorado players about an influx of level 120 players?

How I see the migration:
- The "dead" worlds are locked, so no new players can join them; existing players are given the option to move to another world.
- Alliances in these "dead" worlds will probably run internal polls and decide the world where they'll move.
- Once the majority of active players migrated, and inactive accounts are deleted, the dead worlds will become even more deserted, "forsaken" - I guess less than 500 players will remain in each of these.

Now Innogames will have to decide what to do with these "forsaken" worlds. I see three possibilities:
- pull the plug, and force the remaining players to migrate or lose their characters if not migrated by a deadline;
- keep the worlds open indefinitely, until the last player quits;
- the middle ground: choose a minimum number of players, and once the players in a world fall below this limit, set the timer for that world's deletion.

How about NO migration and when the world slides down past a certain population of active players the world deletes. Anyone that has a character on these world can go start at level 1 in another world and have no special treatment.

DeletedUser

I play 2 worlds 12 & 14. I'm one of those "credit card nugget munching "players that pay so people like 1Big chief can play for free .I guess whats going to happen will happen either way like it or not . I can foresee a lot of problems with the migrating But maybe for the future world 10 and up. Inno will Stop creating worlds upgrade the existing one thus eliminating this dead world issue. if there is no where to go they won't. maybe a bigger grid is needed on fewer worlds. probably no more than 6 worlds are needed. what is there now 15
But I can see and sympathize with someone having spent the time to create a character build a town and then have to give it up. I think I would quit. maybe time will tell.

DeletedUser

I play on worlds 3, 6, 10, 11, 12 & Arizona. I used to play on Colorado but got sick and tired of being dueled every 15 minutes. I'm on permanent vacation there now. My favorite is world 6, we have fort battles every day there. And we generally fill every available spot for those fights and still manage to have people turned away. Not sure I'm liking this migrating crapola...

Status
Not open for further replies.