Alliance Forum

• Thread starter DeletedUser15641
  • Start date

DeletedUser15641

Proposal:
Make a new forum named alliance forums.

Current Workaround:
Its just like town forum except its a whole alliance and you can invite other alliances.

Rights can be either default as followed:

Founder(s) of the town founded the alliance would have full rights.

Council town founders would get the same as counselor's of the founding alliance rights but they could lose it by the founder of the alliance which has all the rights and can't get kicked off.

Councilors of the council towns can see the hidden post,can make a hidden post and a hidden thread.

Or its custom by an option for the founder of the alliance.

Details:
A new forum named alliance forums which can help any nap alliances which are with each other and have easier things like instead a town who is invited to the alliance they can see it.The people who edit and do other administration would be founders and Councilors.

Current features

1.Temporary or permanently banning a whole town from alliance forum or a specific player.

2.>Planning of fort attacks and defenses.The players can make plans @hidden alliance threads or topics.They could make a video of the attack or defense if they like to or want to and if they have a topic for offliners to set on a simple target.Their would be also some offliners not set for the wanted tower etc so this is fixed with either 100% or even less..and distributed to other possible targets like other towers or north blocks.

3.If a town wanted to invite a player who is a trouble maker to its own alliance and ally of its alliance a warning message appears and it has are you sure?

Answers would be either yes/no

This could be a double system which means either write it just like inviting a town but you could go advanced and have a lot more options.

Visual Aids
Alliance forum under town forum
2zrgyfo.png

1. Invite Multiple Alliances - Multiple Alliance Forum
invitealliances.png

2.Invite Certain Towns and Leaders - Alliance Forum
leadersalliance.jpg

3.Exclude certain problematic towns and players from invite
excludetroublemakers.jpg

(Made by jakkals thanks mate)
Simple forum inviting in alliance forums with advanced button to go advanced and an automatic to all forums for the simple players!
95tx7l.png

Summary:

Having a new forum named alliance forum.

Administration:
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes, right now, whenever a new town joins, it's a pain to send out another batch of forum invites.

DeletedUser

Absolutely. Even if you have only one shared forum it's a pain.

DeletedUser17649

Yes yes yes!
We have at least three fora and it's a pain to go through the "manage forum" to see who hasn't been invited/accepted and which town(s) that might have left the alliance (I'm not really sure about what happens to ghost towns, they're alliance members with 0 members anyhow).

DeletedUser15641

For ghost towns they automatically get kicked out to avoid spies.

DeletedUser17649

I'd like to be able to invite more than one alliance into the alliance forum as well the option to micro manage i.e. invite and dismiss individual towns.

DeletedUser34315

What do you do if an undesirable player infiltrates an alliance town? There would be no way to remove them without removing the entire town from the alliance.
Edit: saw the previous post. Yes, some way to remove and invite towns singly would be very good.

DeletedUser17649

I don't really have any use of that but I can see why it's useful!
I'd have loved it when I played Tribal wars.

DeletedUser15641

I would like more feed backs or rebow's decision.

New feature>Planning of fort attacks and defenses.The players can make plans @hidden alliance threads or topics.They could make a video of the attack if they like to or want to.

DeletedUser22493

The foundation of the idea is good, but it needs far more response before it could be polled.

My personal opinion is that the in game forum has far to few options when it comes to access regulation. It also lacks many features.
It's getting outdated, and needs a update for more use-ability.

- Add the ability to specify what player, town or alliance should have access to your forum section.
- Add more forum ranks.
- Add a option to grant editing rights to specific players, not just all town hats.

DeletedUser

I don't think minor ideas need much discussion, which is why we had one thread for them, and this is a simple minor idea. It could be expanded to a major idea, but I think it's the OP's call if he wants to add more features.

DeletedUser22493

Ill agree to that if he really doesn't want to add more content to the idea, it'll count as a minor.
But im more for "While where at it", why not fix ALL the problems with the forum.

But then again, thats up to the OP.

DeletedUser15641

Tug I think your details is not comprehensive enough. What you mean is that instead of having to invite every town like with town forums which requires a lot of work. All towns in an alliance can be auto invited by adding the alliance and individual towns can be excluded at the invite.

Players can safe their forum status and found new towns by a alliance referral link only available from within the alliance forum. Upon founding the new town by running the referral link their access is restored to the forum. Too prevent bad apples misusing this referral system there is an internal "DO NOT INVITE PLAYER LIST" and all rejoining is automatic by using the referral link.

Ps by the work I have put into this idea you can see that I like it and my vote is YES. I will also add contribute some visual aids.

Ok here is the visual aids as promised:

1. Invite Multiple Alliances - Multiple Alliance Forum
invitealliances.png

2.Invite Certain Towns and Leaders - Alliance Forum
leadersalliance.jpg

3.Exclude certain problematic towns and players from invite
excludetroublemakers.jpg

Jakkals help from beta.thanks jakkals

DeletedUser22493

Very nice. Could have the same system for choosing who should have editing rights in the selected forums.

DeletedUser

I don't know about excluding specific players since forums are linked to towns, not individuals. I wouldn't mind if that were changed though. If you own an alliance council forum and your town is tight with hats, you don't want every hat in a town that gives everyone a hat, most of whom you respect less than anyone in your town without a hat, to have access.

DeletedUser

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement an additional flag for individuals.

DeletedUser22493

Well, I don't think it's so much about excluding as it is about including.
Having a Alliance Council board is a pain, because all the hats in the invited town can read it, while in reality you'd only want 5-6 people from the whole alliances there.

DeletedUser

Well, I don't think it's so much about excluding as it is about including.

Not according to the mockups he posted. It doesn't matter though, tomato tomahto, but I'm sure the default is checking everybody in the town and you have to uncheck, i.e. exclude, them.

DeletedUser22493

He might be intending to exclude, but it works very well for including only specific players.

DeletedUser

For ghost towns they automatically get kicked out to avoid spies.

Not exactly true. I have some personal experience with this on w2. The town is deleted from the alliance, but unless someone takes the time to delete them from the shared forum, whoever changes it from being a ghost town has access to the forum.