Dueler & Duels Adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

by popular demand ,goodbye hs

i still think the original idea is a good fix ,and a decent bonus to a dueler (either 20% app or less energy to duel) giving duel bonus's to workers & advent's ,i dont see any merit in that, and its also out of context with the rpg element of the game

bringing back chr will open up other builds and bring the stratgy back into high lvl dueling ,let alone the nutty emphasis on stance

and compared to what's in play now? its got to be a plus

DeletedUser

new duelling system rocks.either be a pure dueller or be a pure quester.all cannot be everything at once.;)

image.php

DeletedUser

new duelling system rocks.either be a pure dueller or be a pure quester.all cannot be everything at once.;)

Really? So you are quite happy that everyone who wants to duel has the same build and winning is down to luck? God help us!

DeletedUser13388

About the dueler class : In my opinion - "Your battle hardened instincts allow you to see which skills and weapon your opponents wield in the duel menu" should be removed and should be added a chance for critical hit in the duels too.

For example: you have a 20% chance to land 2 critical hits or 40% for 4 critical hits, if you are with premium.That is a counter to soldier`s tactics and hp advantage.That critical hit should be a constant - 5 % of the enemy`s hp for example.
The dueling weapon advantage isnt so important, cause after lvl 70 it doesnt matter anymore.
For adventurers you may add for example, to gain 3 more skill points on every 10 levels.

For workers - a chance to dodge a duel or a chance to dodge 1 or 2 hits.

The current dueling formula is OK in my opinion and its much better than the old one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Falcon

I really must completely agree with Hells on this one. I think dueling was better before they updated or rather down-dated it. I can completely understand every point Hells has made in his idea. Yes, I know I am a soldier, but I think dueling should be fun and fair for players of all classes and not just for soldiers. Plus 10 stars for this idea.

DeletedUser

Soldiers have an advantage over duellers in duelling because of hp.
Now tell me im wrong, but i would of thought the idea of the game was that duellers should be the best at duelling?????

Now unless the game wants to turn every dueller into a soldier (except first time players like me who didnt realise the massive advantage soldiers have) then the game should do something about it sooner rather than later.

2 ideas come to mind

1) You give each class not just soldiers SP every time they level dependent on their class. You could make it so these additional skill points cannot be changed with the shaman.

2) You give each class a base skill in their class when they first start, again that cannot be changed with the shaman.

Either way you then have a game when the duellers will actually be the best duellers in the game, which surely make sense?
If you disagree then you are saying there is no use for duellers in the game that is called "The West" :)

DeletedUser

You could just switch the soldier and dueler class names so that the now called dueler class would be soldiers and the now called soldier class would be duelers.

DeletedUser30224

I think having more skill points than me will get you nowhere really. I mean your idea will not fly. Duelers shouldn't be better than anyone else, the character has a human player behind it, if the person sitting behind that screen can manage the character better than yours, he should own you definitely.

Inno made it a wee bit ... easier for children to duel. I've been NPC dueling in W6 to test the resistance thing, but I was surprised that standind erect and aiming for head to a npc that has 6 dodge and close to nothing tactics will miss him so many times. My aim was 190 then. If you do the calculations yourself, the odds of that happening are meager. So I tried again and again, with same fluctuating results. Shoulders, heads are harder to hit no matter what others say. Head is special, but shoulders should be as easy as hands, after all people dodge left or right, so missing a shoulder has the same impact as aiming for hand, yet I feel this is not true either.

long story short, you will dodge some shots no matter what your opponent's aim is.

To say player class should have another impact on dueling is just out of hand. You were not born a worker, as well as you were not born a dueler, you became one in time, a good or bad one. Just because you call yourself a great man , that doesn't make you one. If a dueler wants to be a worker, he should be able to do that as well. Character class in real life should be considered as occupation and not a thing you are born with :)

As for adding aditional features to duelers or any other class, well, the duel system is broken, maybe not broken but incomplete, so fix this first :)

DeletedUser

"I think having more skill points than me will get you nowhere really. I mean your idea will not fly. Duelers shouldn't be better than anyone else, the character has a human player behind it, if the person sitting behind that screen can manage the character better than yours, he should own you definitely."

Wrong because soldiers get added hp when they level, i was on the understanding hp was SP.
Therefore soldiers get more SP than anyone else.
So when you say you "that character is better than mine and should own me" thats wrong because its not a level playing ground. I am happy for any person to beat me with better player skill but the fact of the matter is, if duellers do not get a dueller advantage then soldiers should not get a hp advantage
That is fair.
What is also a fact is there is no point in being a dueller in this game because you get everything and more if you choose a soldier. And dont give me the characters bonus rubbish please. The only characrter bonus worth having in terms of duelling the soldier has.

I also get the feeling from the tone of your post that you are referring i am complaining cos i may have lost some duels. (if i am wrong i apologise)
That is not the case and my duelling record reflects that.

DeletedUser

Can any developer of this game tell me one reason why anybody would choose to be a dueller when the soldiers get the only character bonus worth having for duelling?

If you cannot answer that question, don't you think that is a big problem?

And if you do think it is a problem, i hope you plan to do something about it :)

Red Falcon

You could just switch the soldier and dueler class names so that the now called dueler class would be soldiers and the now called soldier class would be duelers.

No to this. Absolutely not! I am very proud to be a soldier and I do not want to have the name of my class changed just because there's a disagreement over the benefits of these two classes.

DeletedUser30224

I also get the feeling from the tone of your post that you are referring i am complaining cos i may have lost some duels. (if i am wrong i apologise)
That is not the case and my duelling record reflects that.

Well I am not arguing that soldier has advantage over any other class in duels. But I think getting extra skill points because you are a certain type of class would be a mistake. Soldiers are overpowered and I thin the developers know that as well, but the fact is that they cannot undo that because of players that are playing soldiers.

They could change all class bonuses and let people choose their class again.

I do not know you You-Smell, so I do not know how good or bad a dueler you are, but when I was saying "you" I meant the reader in general, sorry for confusion.

DeletedUser

No to this. Absolutely not! I am very proud to be a soldier and I do not want to have the name of my class changed just because there's a disagreement over the benefits of these two classes.

Im sure you are very proud to be a soldier since you are given the biggest advantage.
No one really wants to see the name changed.
What i and the developers of the game should want is that each class has its advantages.
At the moment only one class has the advantage and that is the soldier because of added HP.
How is that fair?

And when will a developer of the game answer my question please

"Can any developer of this game tell me one reason why anybody would choose to be a dueller when the soldiers get the only character bonus worth having for duelling?"

Basically what i am saying is giving soldiers hp bonus is not the way to go because it isnt fair on the other classes.
A better solution would be to give soldiers a bonus in fort fights, say if you choose to be a soldier, you are less likely to get hit by a certain percentage and more likely to hit by a certain percentage.

BUT GIVING SOLDIERS HP BONUS IS NOT RIGHT!!!! (unless u give the other class sp bonus as well)

And i havent even mentioned the 50 percent tactics bonus yet for duelling, this is beginning to look like the developers want soldiers to have an advantage? How can this be right again? your are giving soldiers another bonus SP that no other class get. This is ridiculous.

DEFEND YOURSELF DEVELOPERS PLEASE (or cant u do that? and if you cant do that how about telling people when they sign up to play the game in the first place that soldiers have a massive advantage, or do you not care?)

DeletedUser25802

how about giving duelling class a 50% bonus on aim when they initiate a duel? that would negate the soldier tactics bonus, yes it would work for the other classes as well, but it would make them the trouble causers that HS wants them to be!

DeletedUser

I hope you're sarcastic.

no more sarcastic than letting soldiers have 50 percent tactics bonus

Its actually called being fair

To even things up you take the hp bonus away from soldiers and give them added fort fight bonus.
You then either take away the 50 tactics bonus for soldiers or add a 50 percent appearance bonus to duellers.
Then soldiers and duellers are even.
Until the developers of the game do something about these 2 issues, the game is not a balanced one to play.

And still no answer to my question
"Can any developer of this game tell me one reason why anybody would choose to be a dueller when the soldiers get the only character bonus worth having for duelling?"

DeletedUser

how about giving duelling class a 50% bonus on aim when they initiate a duel? that would negate the soldier tactics bonus, yes it would work for the other classes as well, but it would make them the trouble causers that HS wants them to be!
lol, people suggested giving duelers an appearance bonus ten times over the past three years and even THAT was unbalanced. An attacking bonus doesn't even remotely by any stretch of the imagination compare to a defensive bonus. For one thing it would apply against all classes and not just soldiers. Then there's the fact that tactics isn't nearly as significant any more and aim is more important than ever. Maybe if the soldier bonus was changed to dodging, but even then duelers would destroy adventurers and workers.

DeletedUser

lol, people suggested giving duelers an appearance bonus ten times over the past three years and even THAT was unbalanced. An attacking bonus doesn't even remotely by any stretch of the imagination compare to a defensive bonus. For one thing it would apply against all classes and not just soldiers. Then there's the fact that tactics isn't nearly as significant any more and aim is more important than ever. Maybe if the soldier bonus was changed to dodging, but even then duelers would destroy adventurers and workers.

fine then you take away the tactics bounus for soldiers then

and that leaves the hp problem and this is the biggest problem

no matter what you argue about this to me, you are always going to lose. SP determine how good a player is in the game. (one of the major things)
Soldiers get added hp and added tactics. These are SP.
How can that be fair?

What you have at the moment is soldiers having an advantage for ff because of added hp, they also are less likely to get koed in duelling because of this added hp. Then if that wasnt enough, they have an added tactics bonus which give them an advantage in duelling.
Why dont we just let soldiers do as they want, were nearly at that point anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.