Resolved LP buffs?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2708
  • Start date

DeletedUser2708

We all know about the Slice of Cake and the Gentleman's Dinner, but what about other buffs that add to specific skills? For instance, if I were ten LPs short of being able to Hunt Pumas, and I were to use Jam, would the bonus of fifteen points to my shooting skill then allow me to Hunt Pumas, applying the buff similar to how it works with Slice of Cake and Gentleman's Dinner? I'm not looking to debate the relative validity of the theory, I'd like to hear from someone who's actually tried it, and can tell me whether it worked or not. Thanks!

DeletedUser

Yes. Jam applies to any job with shooting increasing the LP's for it.

DeletedUser

Yes it works, and it gives you +30 LP since hunt pumas is 2x shooting.

DeletedUser

crafted items

stewed beans and bacon = vigor +15 dodging +15
jam = aim +15 shoot +15
roast turkey = appearance +15 strength +2
fish soup mobility +2 tactics +15
vegetable dumpling = dexterity +2 leadership +15
amulet = dodging +10 hp +10

items from crafting that helps for jobs :cool:

DeletedUser

amulet = dodging +10 hp +10

items from crafting that helps for jobs :cool:

Health and dodging aren't job skills, and you left out gentleman's dinner, goulash, spare ribs, hair tonic, and robust holster.

DeletedUser

mmm, sorry if this thread is too old to post in but,

I had just bought a hair lotion for 5K in world 12, and then I equipped it. I then used a stollen to get 50 more labor points. According to what Slygoxx said, it should have let me stack them both. Instead I lost the hair lotion. Why?

DeletedUser

Please quote what slygoxx said. I don't think anybody ever said that lp enhancers stack. Both hair lotion and stollen enhance labor points (hair lotion through the skill points bonus, stollen directly). THEY DO NOT STACK!!!

DeletedUser

Derek had made a thread about gent's dinner and stollen asking if they stacked and Elmyr said:

They're both character buffs, they cancel.
Haven't checked, but it's probably like that. There are 3 buff types, and most professions can only make one buff type. The only exception I can think of is the ornate holster from the master saddler, which appears to be a character buff (untested).

Generally speaking, it's like this:
Field cook --> Character buffs
Blacksmith --> Item buffs
Master saddler --> Speed buffs
Tonic peddler --> Active buffs (none of the above 3, but buffs that give an immediate bonus, doesn't cancel another buff, nor does it appear on the buff list)

There

DeletedUser

I think he meant to say "mostly one buff type", since field cook can make active buff (baked beans) and tonic can make character buffs.
Separate the profession from the type and it leaves you with:
character buffs, item buffs, speed buffs and active buffs.
One easy way to make the distinction:
character buffs = buffs that enhance skills and labor points
item buffs = buffs that enhance the damage of a weapon or gun
speed buffs = buffs that cut waytime or increase speed
active buffs = buffs with timers that replenish energy/health, reduce motivation etc (do not confuse with amulet which enhances the total hp, but does not replenish it)
There are some crafted products that combine different "buffings". Example: travel bag.
The only thing I did not include are the battle bonus enhancers, I don't know where they fit (I did not test them yet).

DeletedUser

Yes and not only char buff. It combines active buff with character buff.

Work motivation increase: 20% (active buff)
+3 Charisma (char buff)
+20 Appearance (char buff)

Because it gives AP and SP (which makes it also a labor point enhancement), it does not stack with the stollen.

Slygoxx

Yay, I'm quoted. :p

Anyway, this is why I said "most professions can only make one buff type" in the quote you posted. This is an exception to the rule, and there are a few.

If there is any demand for it, I could post a complete list which buffs are which type. (And thus, which buffs stack, and which buffs do not).

DeletedUser

Yay, I'm quoted. :p

Anyway, this is why I said "most professions can only make one buff type" in the quote you posted. This is an exception to the rule, and there are a few.

If there is any demand for it, I could post a complete list which buffs are which type. (And thus, which buffs stack, and which buffs do not).

Yes please, I demand that you do that.

/Edlit

DeletedUser

Thanks for the clarification. Am I right in assuming Hair Lotion won't stack with another active buff?

DeletedUser

Active buffs have a timer (usual ones) and they are instant. I don't really know how the hair lotion works (the motivation part of it). Regular active buffs don't cancel anything else out (example: baked beans)