Presents & whos got ripped off the most ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noobmic

@Hellstromm I took the time yesterday to look on all W2 player (almost 1600 players) and I found this:
William Tilghman's pistol belt -> 3 players, one had it before the Christmas

Ike's Army revolver - 2 players, both had it before Christmas
Younger's revolver - 1 player, it has it before Christmas
Jesse James' Schofield - 1 player

Boone's Axe - 1 player, it has it before Christmas
General Grant's sabre - 2 players, one player had it before Christmas

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Golden Tomahawk - 2 players

Scalp - 1 player

Pink ballet tutu -> 6 players

Elephant gun - 1 player, it has it before Christmas
Harmonica - 1 player
Gingerbread man - 2 players

those ware the items that I was interested in and not sure if some of them ware received now. I'm aware that I may missed some items, but the stats shows that less then 1% of World 2 players got something good from this Christmas, also not sure if those items ware from boxes both with nuggets. So for those prices to have in the end this numbers it isn't so good.

DeletedUser22685

@Hellstromm I took the time yesterday to look on all W2 player (almost 1600 players) and I found this:

those ware the items that I was interested in and not sure if some of them ware received now. I'm aware that I may missed some items, but the stats shows that less then 1% of World 2 players got something good from this Christmas, also not sure if those items ware from boxes both with nuggets. So for those prices to have in the end this numbers it isn't so good.

The tutus didn't drop in the Christmas chests. There are ten tutus on World 2, two of us have had them for over a year and the others were given out recently. All other worlds have only 1-2 max.

DeletedUser

Defending Inno? I pointed out the legal claims were unfounded, even outright drama-building by at least one person attempting to fuel discontent. I pointed out a lot of drama on this issue, posed mostly by people that spent only ingame cash

Hellstromm, I know you are an intelligent man. I've read many of your posts. Ingame cash? I realize that as a manager or mod you get free nuggets, so it's easy to idealize that it's all virtual cash, but I, as many others, used actual cash (credit card, etc..) to purchase in-game items. (nuggets)

The title of this posting is as much a giveaway as to the general concessions that a lot of people are angry by being mislead by what comments the present contained...that there are rare/hard to find items valued at over 10k in the gifts.

As you can see, many are very disappointed in their purchases.

Were the gifts just given, this would be a joke "blog" and not one lined with discontent.

You may not be defending but merely pointing out a few things, but you can understand how it may well be read as defense. Inno people are big boys that should step up to the plate. We all know they will not, but it would be nice.

P.S.
The things I got were okay. I am not complaining so much as just voicing a bit of discontentment. I am more disappointed in myself for thinking that the nuggets spent were going to be appreciated with nicer rewards than a common drop from a common job.

It is just like I said in another post. That the nuggets purchase discount this year was very sad compared to last year.

If there is any question, look at the sudden drop in players. I look at that almost daily when signing in.

Again, just my opinion boys. :p

DeletedUser

Hi kd, as I indicated in a previous post, I have not been in employ with Inno in quite sometime (nor serving as a nugget-reimbursed volunteer), so my comments are my own and not that of an Inno representative.

As to the drop in players, it is typical for a drop in player activity during the holidays. It is also well established the overall drop in players was largely due to almost a year in which advertising was at a virtual nil.

I don't want to belabor the points I previously made. On a purely personal note, I am not one to buy gifts for myself on Christmas, so I wouldn't participate in buying steel-lined boxes, or any of the grab bags for that matter, with real cash (converted to nuggets). For those who did, the purchase of intangible items in a virtual world may never truly feel satisfactory. But, to each his/her own and I hope everyone enjoyed their holidays else-wise.

DeletedUser

LOL bought one of those Christmas presents that had an iron clad chest and guess what I found an amazing black cap. Waste of ingame cash or money on nuggets for these gifts.
Enjoy the game as it is do not fell into the Christmas "gift" thing. You may get something really nice, probably from other boxes, or maybe not...You have more chances to get disappointed from what I've noticed

DeletedUser

On my Xmas present window is the following text:

Bribe the Christmas Elf to get another present. Du erhälst:

Is "Du erhälst" German for "You sucker"? That would make sense. :)

DeletedUser22685

LOL bought one of those Christmas presents that had an iron clad chest and guess what I found an amazing black cap. Waste of ingame cash or money on nuggets for these gifts.

That's nothing to do with the Christmas gifts but rather iron chests in general, I would not have recommended for anyone to waste their money on one of those ;)

DeletedUser20105

Hellstromm Can you be so kind to explain to us WHY you post here if you don't have any problem
And please stop to say that we buy crap ....e.t.c.

We don't need some one to explain we made mistake to pay cash OR do you thing that we are all stupid and that we need some one to explain ...that we made a mistake?

This topic is for the ppl they have to say something to the innogames (through the coma here)

if you thing everything is fine it is your opninion and i respect it, BUT i do not thing that everything is fine and the 80 % from the users that they have pay nuggets... and not the one they don't pay nuggets

DeletedUser22685

This topic is for the ppl they have to say something to the innogames (through the coma here)

Actually, the original topic was to compare items we got in our Christmas presents and have a bit of a competition to see who got the worst item, even to laugh at ourselves to lighten the mood created in the first presents thread.

It was NOT to bash Innogames.

DeletedUser9470

Actually, the original topic was to compare items we got in our Christmas presents and have a bit of a competition to see who got the worst item, even to laugh at ourselves to lighten the mood created in the first presents thread.

It was NOT to bash Innogames.
As the thread says.
How badly have you been ripped off and have you paid for the pleasure in real hard nuggets ?
Come on don't be shy lets hear them :D
I can't complain fancy coat and fancy pistol belt in my 2 steel paid with in game cash so im down about 65K was expecting it tho.
What about you ?

OP says it all futu :)

DeletedUser

I can understand people having a problem with the basic concept of this year's Christmas event, but bashing the contents of wood, iron, and steel boxes makes no sense. People pay $25k for an iron box, get a completely typical iron box drop, and complain about it like they're the first one to get a black headband from an iron box. I've gotten 20+ black rags, black headbands, black caps, torn black pants, and other crappy black drops from iron boxes earned in fort battles. I expect to get crap from iron. As for wood and steel, you can easily pay more than $5k and $50k for one on the open market.

DeletedUser

I have yet to experience to get anything I can't buy in the game, either in the town shops or from the ingame trader, myself from all the boxes I have got. And this goes to the ones I bought in this Christmas scam too. Luckily I only spent 250 gold nuggets in this scam.

The talk about "Premium items"doesn't make sense to me. From my Statistics:

Used nuggets:18806 (I can supply a screendump on request!)

I'd say I should be a candidate for receiving one or more of those socalled "Premium items" but I have never seen any of them. I have seen a lot of stuff of value of less than 5K from all my boxes but never any of these illusive items that seem to only fall to some. Perhaps my money is not "Premium" enough? Never mind, I have paid for the last gold nuggets in this game so Innogames won't see more of my inferior hard-earned-by-doing-real-life-work money. :no:

@Hellstrom: About "the purchase of intangible items in a virtual world" with real money, if you have paid with PayPal you actually can file a report if you don't get what you have paid for, no matter if what you have paid for is tangible or not. In this case people pay for gold nuggets so my guess is that Innogames will reply to an eventual report about them to PayPal that they have done what they are supposed to, to deliver the gold nuggets that are paid for. In that case they are in the right. But it's the breach of promises of items of the values 5000/10.000 ingame money that people including myself call a scam when we receive things of (much) lower value. If it says in the description of a box that this box contains items (notice the plural form!) worth over 5000$ if it's an iron clad box, and the same, this box contains items worth over 10,000$ for the steel clad boxes, then we should expect this to be true. Else it's fraud no matter if it's something you can sue for in courts or not. Morally fraud can be more devastating to a company's reputation than legal fraud because it can make good people turn away from them that wouldn't do if they feel treated well.

And why are you talking about Italian sport cars here? This game is supposed to take place in the wild west where people use animals for transport.

DeletedUser1121

@Hellstrom: About "the purchase of intangible items in a virtual world" with real money, if you have paid with PayPal you actually can file a report if you don't get what you have paid for, no matter if what you have paid for is tangible or not. In this case people pay for gold nuggets so my guess is that Innogames will reply to an eventual report about them to PayPal that they have done what they are supposed to, to deliver the gold nuggets that are paid for. In that case they are in the right. But it's the breach of promises of items of the values 5000/10.000 ingame money that people including myself call a scam when we receive things of (much) lower value. If it says in the description of a box that this box contains items (notice the plural form!) worth over 5000$ if it's an iron clad box, and the same, this box contains items worth over 10,000$ for the steel clad boxes, then we should expect this to be true. Else it's fraud no matter if it's something you can sue for in courts or not. Morally fraud can be more devastating to a company's reputation than legal fraud because it can make good people turn away from them that wouldn't do if they feel treated well.

If you can show me some evidence (screenshot) that in fact you got an item that has a lower purchase price then the box should have, please create a support ticket.

DeletedUser

If you can show me some evidence (screenshot) that in fact you got an item that has a lower purchase price then the box should have, please create a support ticket.

too bad I didn't make screenshots for all lower value items... good to know that for future... :p

Noobmic

And by "price then the box should have"? you are referring at?
Please if you can give example for the 7 types of boxes:

Wooden box
Iron clad chest
Steel linen chest
Junk chest
Fancy chest
Unique chest
Premium chest

Last edited:

DeletedUser

We can't show boxes 'from events in the past' since they aren't screen-catchable once you close the thing.

Pointless suggestion Desi... Everyone's complaining about it after the fact. I doubt any sucker will buy these boxes now...

DeletedUser25892

He's referring to these two that are meant to hold items worth above $5000 and $10000 respectively.

So just out of curiosity, and I am not complaining here about the boxes and what not, but when the box says specifically: "This chest contains items worth over 10,000", what is the actually definition of this?

Does this mean that this chest will contain items that are no lower than 10,000 or does it mean that this chest contains items that could have a value over 10,000? The statement can be taken either way. I personally assumed it meant that it has a possible chance to have that type of item over 10K, but it doesn't say that is all what is in the box...hence why you are taking a gamble. Just like the premium boxes say: "This box could hold many rare items such as 3rd key, wyatt earp's colt buntline, or tashunka's tomahawk" However many have gotten like a pair of bob builder's and allen pepper boxes which to collectors are a dime a dozen.

It would be cool to clarify what the statement's actually mean and if they do mean "ONLY" then they should state it :). I can to some degree understand concerns about getting a crap item in a premium box, but then again it is a gamble :).

MM2099

We can't show boxes 'from events in the past' since they aren't screen-catchable once you close the thing.

Pointless suggestion Desi... Everyone's complaining about it after the fact. I doubt any sucker will buy these boxes now...

Not only that, but can you even prove it was a premium box you opened? I don't recall it saying IN THIS PREMIUM BOX YOU GET :), so I would assume only video could prove evidence.

MM2099

Status
Not open for further replies.