Duelling Formula Feedback Thread

DeletedUser20147

In my opinion tactics and appearance still work well enough. For a non-dueling character 95 points in tactics is good enough safety belt.

DeletedUser9470

In my opinion tactics and appearance still work well enough. For a non-dueling character 95 points in tactics is good enough safety belt.

consdering aim and dodge are more important...
dext build gets 250 shooting without using up one single SP.
leaving room for a minimum of 300 aim and 300 dodge.
no charisma build can match that.

at level 97 i have
170 appearance
101 tactics (x2 for premium= 202)
180 vigor
138 aim
147 dodge
gimme 34 APs and 66 sps extra (lvl120) and im still nowhere close.

try your build out on a dext build shooter Morgan so we can see, because my char build gets pwned by shooters 23 levels lower than myself.

DeletedUser16008

Ummm vs what ? another non dueling character ?... 200 aim goes through 100 tactics even a soldiers prem like butter now and thats with 0 on app. Also having done extensive testing and spent the entire November with a charisma build with the following 150 dodge 150 aim 150 tactics and 150 app soldier variable to make tactics and app to about 200 each when required I can assure you whereas before it pretty much owned everything now it owns zip.

DeletedUser6914

Well, my adventurer has been wearing gear that gives me 7 dodge exactly, because I can barely qualify for that job. Still, the number of hits I get in my green zone on dodging are almost noen. I said none last post, but looking back tjoroughly in this period it gets through once in about every two fights. I don't get attacked that often though, since I got no health points invested either, so I get KOed a lot.

I can't possibly know how much Aim my opponents have invested mostly, but they are at least pure DEX with dueling gear about lvl 90+. Stance seem too important to me, but I can't tell for sure. On my other servers my Dodge is way better.

DeletedUser20147

Okay, I think I will respec my other character in w12 to dodge/shooter to see if it makes a difference. I already have screwed up win/loss ratio in that world so it's a perfect place for experimentation.

DeletedUser9470

Okay, I think I will respec my other character in w12 to dodge/shooter to see if it makes a difference. I already have screwed up win/loss ratio in that world so it's a perfect place for experimentation.

APs: dexterity 100%
SPs: Aim and Dodge evenly.

have fun dude

DeletedUser20147

I already did it with a different setup in APs but aim and dodge are divided evenly. First results look pretty encouraging, if it's consistent I might do it in w10 as well, with full dexterity.

DeletedUser

I have a level 104, solider, 95% on dex for AP build toon

and dueled an opponent at level 116.

200+ aim, 195+ dogde, 250 shooting. At that time, I was wearing heavy dogde gear and belt. I did not hit my opponent not even once.

He attacked me first and lost badly. I went for attack and lost. I hit him only once for 200 dmg and he hit me in every shot.

Right now, this is my set up with appearance gear. 205 aim, 258shooting, 167 dogde and 51 appearnce. I really don't like the new system. How is aim becoming more effective when I can't hit my target once ( a melee dueler). Sure, he may have got the correct stance but does not mean, i should be aimless :sombrero:

DeletedUser16008

I have a level 104, solider, 95% on dex for AP build toon

and dueled an opponent at level 116.

200+ aim, 195+ dogde, 250 shooting. At that time, I was wearing heavy dogde gear and belt. I did not hit my opponent not even once.

He attacked me first and lost badly. I went for attack and lost. I hit him only once for 200 dmg and he hit me in every shot.

Right now, this is my set up with appearance gear. 205 aim, 258shooting, 167 dogde and 51 appearnce. I really don't like the new system. How is aim becoming more effective when I can't hit my target once ( a melee dueler). Sure, he may have got the correct stance but does not mean, i should be aimless :sombrero:

No but thats the way it works now. Your aim would need to be very good vs his dodge and both skills are variable so you can have a real good number vs his or a real bad one too... the real decider is very often the place you aim or dodge, great huh ?:no:

PS imo your dodge is nowhere near high enough and you just got lucky before

DeletedUser

Not even sure why I'm still playing. Been inactive for past half a year visited my dead world to stir around, perhaps curious about new duelling. Quite frankly now is nothing more but stance guessing. Nearly all hits taken has been located on exposed side. My primary stats are well above 100, and 80 of my opponents were not random adventurers. There is not much left for tactical planning nor skills development. In essence You killed a killing.
The West used to be my only mmorpg game played till Dec last year. Heads up, not anymore :laugh: Anyway that was a penny of my thoughts.

DeletedUser20147

Thus far it doesn't seem the reskilling did anything at all for my game. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I win based on luck and guessing - just like with the appearance setup.

DeletedUser16008

Thus far it doesn't seem the reskilling did anything at all for my game. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I win based on luck and guessing - just like with the appearance setup.

Except for one small thing with app its useless in def whereas dodge now works much the same as tactics used to. ;)

DeletedUser

I've been doing a bit of experimenting on W11, full DEX, by moving around skills between aim and dodge. As far as I can see having 380 dodge or aim as opposed to 300 makes no difference at all, I still get hit about the same amount of times whether I have 300 or 380 in dodge and only hit the same amount on average whether I have 300 or 380 in aim.
Bearing in mind I'm LVL 120 and dueling the same 10 opponents all the time. Makes no difference whether I'm attack or defense.

DeletedUser20147

Except for one small thing with app its useless in def whereas dodge now works much the same as tactics used to. ;)

I can't disagree with that one, but both receiving and delivering a KO has become very hard after the update. That's something I don't like at all because my strategy thus far has been based around KOes - delivering them to collect bounty money and receiving them on regular basis to do other stuff like crafting blades, clearing the markets of jam and do high XP jobs to lvl up faster. Now I just duel all the time with very little result.

DeletedUser16008

I am finding a distinct difference in how to use dodge and aim Judge. It is quite subtle but im finding one is more important than the other depending on whether you are attacking or defending.

It dosnt alter the fact though that by far away the most important skill is guessing correctly on stance.

DeletedUser

I am finding a distinct difference in how to use dodge and aim Judge. It is quite subtle but im finding one is more important than the other depending on whether you are attacking or defending.

It dosnt alter the fact though that by far away the most important skill is guessing correctly on stance.

Perhaps it's because on W11 I have very few opponents to test against.....
On other worlds (apart from 8) I'm melee and I can't be bothered to test those.

DeletedUser13388

Yeah, i have noticed something like that too.

DeletedUser

I've been doing a bit of experimenting on W11, full DEX, by moving around skills between aim and dodge. As far as I can see having 380 dodge or aim as opposed to 300 makes no difference at all, I still get hit about the same amount of times whether I have 300 or 380 in dodge and only hit the same amount on average whether I have 300 or 380 in aim.
Bearing in mind I'm LVL 120 and dueling the same 10 opponents all the time. Makes no difference whether I'm attack or defense.

There is a woman on the beta who is a pure dodger (all in mobility and dodging).
She has 424 dodging points and no one can land a hit on her even the best duelers on the beta world.