petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser20147

I sure as hell don't believe in any conspiracy theories, but the bug theory seems plausible - I stumble on a new bug almost every day. Anyway, I'm not going to reskill based on something that gets fixed after it has been located.

DeletedUser

cuase it didn't changed

Resist and regular are completely different builds, something in the duel calculation could easily affect one type of build and not show in the other.

To just keep repeating "it didn't change" means absolutely nothing.

There are too many very good duelers who agree something has changed for certain builds, not just on the forum, look at in game profiles, a few top duelers mention it and they don't post here.

You seem to be missing the point completely, it's not a case of I lost when I think I shouldn't, it's to do with certain builds not showing the consistant results they did before the update. When I say results I mean number of hits, number of dodges, hit strength etc., the things that make a difference when you have tweaked your build and know what should be happening against certain players you regularly duel.

DeletedUser16628

Glad I saw that JB.It further confuses my issues I have been having but cleared up a couple anyway.Back to the drawing board.JB your mouth to my ears exactly as you said.Wish this was beta as it's costing me big money screwing around with all these build changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would just like to know what the formula is so I Don't have to roll the dice on skills that may or may not be Important.
If inno games wants money they should run advertisements on the start-up page and not try to trick or maneuver players into buying digital gold in the hopes that the build they are going for works.
How would you like it if you are a worker and have to spend points into five different working skills only you don't know what one or two of those skill maybe nerfed or ineffective in building. Its just a roll of the dice and if you built a good build and then they say "what too many ppl are building well, lets change so they can all respec."I bet builders would have a few words to say about that.

DeletedUser1121

had a new one:
no buffs used by me

so i dont think its buffs the problem

Thanks for the input. I needed to ask if it were buffs, because that is one of the latest additions that actually influence a duel.

DeletedUser9470

Thanks for the input. I needed to ask if it were buffs, because that is one of the latest additions that actually influence a duel.

its very difficult to know though, as much as I had no buffs on that one, it was a limit duel where it culd have been luck, i would have seen those before update...
i dueled the same guy yesterday and he still landed one hit.
Im still testing.
I find when Im hitting higher level players it seems to be in my favour.

DeletedUser563

http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showthread.php?p=14862#post14862

if u have a beta account or ask a friend to post on your behalf.

dueling is still under construction:

Re-balancing of the duel system

Howdy folks,

As you all know an important update for the balancing in the game are the changes in the duel-system.

We definitely need a lot of feedback how those changes affect the duel system. Please let us know your experience and thoughts about the new balancing in the forum.

DeletedUser9470

there is no need to change the system from what it is, only need to tweek resist slightly. but mianly sort out the bugs!
theres a lot the game needs before we go fix somin that isnt even broke.
ive been trying to get a beta account for ages, but when i sign up i have to wait for ages to get a confirmation...
i saw what was posted on beta forums, and seems to me most who are posting about the "new" dueling system, are players who havent ever dueled.
so I reckon it is going to be... interesting.

DeletedUser9470

Im getting the duels I used to get now.
it seems the bug has been sorted?
i havent used a buff in quite a while now

DeletedUser16008

Still finding if someone guesses the right spot when im in attack they will hit about 4 or 5 times in a duel... regardless of having very good appearance ... before update lucky if they hit 2 times.

Which according to appearance isnt right ... if the new calc is adding it to or detracting from aim etc it now does nothing to "intimidate and reduces the chances of the defender landing a hit..."

That would be consistent with my finding that even very high resist with useless aim and 0 tactics still land 4 - 5 hits if they guess the right side even tho im hitting with over 160 app and over 130 aim and very good dodge...

And tactics still work like a dream yet app seems useless now in comparison.

So no i dont think its back to normal, not at high lvl dueling anyways...

DeletedUser9470

yeah, its gone to average duels today. maybe I had a lucky day yesterday...

DeletedUser9470

gone from bad to worse!
9454576_74b9_625x625.jpg

9454600_9000_625x625.jpg

9454631_bae7_625x625.jpg

odd.
seems you are right Vic, there is still a weird problem, favouring luck and stance more than anything else.

Im told that dexterity ranged is now way overpowered. is this correct?
that was already the case as i mentioned in the first post in this thread.
but now they are even more?
you wanna be a dueler? stick 300 points into aim.
you want to dodge a dueler? forget it, go play with your pokemon.
sounds to me like its the usual deaf ear from the west dev team.

why fix somin that aint broke?

what a waste of time and money.

DeletedUser

Spot on!

No, it's not impossible, not at all. Many of you whining here have no understanding of probability theory and basic maths. It is even possible that he hits you 8 times in the head. Admittedly, the chance for it to happen is very low, but the chance of winning a lottery is also very low, and still people manage to do it. I find it very funny how easily you can stir up the mob.
well said Ryan!

There's the answer then, duel high level guys and not easy prey all the time!

DeletedUser

Any one noticed a change on W11, I seem to be not being hit as hard for HP per hit today, I haven't moved any skills, looks like these opponants hav'n't either?

DeletedUser9470

hey Desi, check this out

9521267_7a68_625x625.jpg

9521289_06a0_625x625.jpg

there is most definitely a problem with dueling.

the difference between vics build and my build?
about 30 levels. same distribution.

there is way too much luck involved.

DeletedUser16008

there is most definitely a problem with dueling.

the difference between vics build and my build?
about 30 levels. same distribution.

there is way too much luck involved.

hmmm I should just add that the target was offline and we used the same stance both on aim and dodge..just to test ...

Id expect a variation maybe, but nothing like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.