petition to reverse 1.32 dueling

• Thread starter DeletedUser9470
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9470

Maybe it has something to do with buffs. Maybe their effects aren't calculated in the right way, causing some strange results.

Would you try to test that for me? Duel a day without buffs and one with.
Maybe that will explain why some days you have normal results and strange ones the other.
Maybe it is a specific buff or a combination.

had a new one:
no buffs used by me
my skills:
9385469_b473_625x625.jpg

the duel:
9385509_e081_625x625.jpg

so i dont think its buffs the problem

DeletedUser

Picking on low level players

Hi Neo

You are always going to beat guys who are 30 levels lower than you, why dont you take on the toughest guy you can find and then see how it goes?

Then post that in here

I will keep my eye out for it

HBJ

DeletedUser33078

-Neo-

Your build was very good in version 1.31. Perhaps more Vigor was necessary.
It is a balanced build, little attack advantage, good to beat a wide range of duel builds in defence or attack.

In version 1.32 this kind of build is a big mistake!

Desi Boukerse

Please excuse my late response Mister Bugs ranger.

In previous post the example presented by -Neo- is very clear. I launch a challenge for you.

"I don't doubt that players around know a lot about duelling, but trust me when I say I have had my share of duelling and am quite familiar with the duelling system."

Please,
can you explain what happened in -Neo- duel in 1.32 version?

DeletedUser563

I like that they messed up dueling for you guys. I do mostly jobs and fort battles. There is nothing as frustrating as some numbskull dueler dueling you and ruining the whole day for you. I hope al your days is wasted -neo- . Hey if you dont like it just quit.:D

DeletedUser9470

Hi Neo

You are always going to beat guys who are 30 levels lower than you, why dont you take on the toughest guy you can find and then see how it goes?

Then post that in here

I will keep my eye out for it

HBJ

I take on everybody mate, as you know.

This thread however is about the oddities of the 1.32 update in dueling.

My previous post shows a guy 30 levels lower than me hitting me 3 times, which is impossible.

what is your input to this thread? most likely you havent grasped what its about...

DeletedUser

My previous post shows a guy 30 levels lower than me hitting me 3 times, which is impossible.

lol, i believe you are experienced dueller, but this statement says everything about your attitude. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

i hope you know that dueling changes from 1.32 didn't come yet...

Something has changed, when someone is 24 levels below you and you are both resist and you manage to miss them 5 times when you have 230 aim and you are aiming at hands I'd say something has changed. Before 1.32 that NEVER happened. Then next duel you hit them every time without changing anything? The luck has been upped massively, making the distribution of skills and building of your dueling character that you have worked to hard fine tune a complete waste of time, not to mention the money you spent on nuggets.

Of course no one at Inno will admit there was a change or a cockup after they have said there isn't because what are they going to do about all the in game cash you have spent to try and rectify the duel change or the cash you spent on nuggets trying to re-build your dueler?

DeletedUser

I´m having an easy time dueling with my w12 dueler. I can take on bigger folks easier than ever before! Before 1.32 that´d be suicide for me with my sucky build, lol. Could it be possible that there could be a bug in the whole system all toghether? A mix between the old system and new system, causing trouble?

Diggo11

Of course no one at Inno will admit there was a change or a cockup after they have said there isn't because what are they going to do about all the in game cash you have spent to try and rectify the duel change or the cash you spent on nuggets trying to re-build your dueler?
Oh please, enough of the "omg, money, nuggets, death!" conspiracies. If we were able to locate and rectify any code that would result in the alleged activation of the new duelling system then we would readily do so. At present, the developers haven't, after several examinations. Why not post something productive, like Victor has done about a page back, so we can properly narrow down on the issue?

DeletedUser

Something has changed, when someone is 24 levels below you and you are both resist and you manage to miss them 5 times when you have 230 aim and you are aiming at hands I'd say something has changed. Before 1.32 that NEVER happened. Then next duel you hit them every time without changing anything? The luck has been upped massively, making the distribution of skills and building of your dueling character that you have worked to hard fine tune a complete waste of time, not to mention the money you spent on nuggets.

could you please stop the whinning? nothing has changed yet.the only thing is the mass panic that your simple minds have cause.duels was always 60% skills and 40% luck.but probably you don't know that cause you are using resistances.

and here is the proof
http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showpost.php?p=15485&postcount=142

now somebody lock this thread until the new duel system is on

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

could you please stop the whinning? nothing has changed yet.the only thing is the mass panic that your simple minds have cause.duels was always 60% skills and 40% luck.but probably you don't know that cause you are using resistances.

and here is the proof
http://forum.westbeta.innogames.de/showpost.php?p=15485&postcount=142

now somebody lock this thread until the new duel system is on

That is not proof.

I was ranged regular, I've just changed to resist to see the affects.
Don't try and tell me about dueling, I do it all the time, I can see the changes in results, I'm not just talking about wins and losses I'm talking about the average amount of times you hit certain people, the HP you inflict and recieve, the average number of times they hit you etc.

DeletedUser

you are so pathetic that you can't stand the fact that you lost :laugh::laugh:

Learn to read before you start spewing out rubbish.... I'm not just talking about wins and losses

My record on W11 which is a ranged dueler where there seems to be a dueling change is 1340 wins and 628 losses so I'd hardly say I worry about losing!

DeletedUser9470

lol, i believe you are experienced dueller, but this statement says everything about your attitude. :rolleyes:

33 levels=
33 APs more
99 SPs more
Golden set sps more
All sp and AP quests more.

Im showing at least 181 more sps in dueling without counting SPs and APs from quests.

so yes, its IMPOSSIBLE that he lands 3 hits.

so no
no attitude here, just very simple reasoning...
rolleyes...
;)

DeletedUser

so yes, its IMPOSSIBLE that he lands 3 hits.

so no
no attitude here, just very simple reasoning...

No, it's not impossible, not at all. Many of you whining here have no understanding of probability theory and basic maths. It is even possible that he hits you 8 times in the head. Admittedly, the chance for it to happen is very low, but the chance of winning a lottery is also very low, and still people manage to do it. I find it very funny how easily you can stir up the mob.

DeletedUser16008

No, it's not impossible, not at all. Many of you whining here have no understanding of probability theory and basic maths. It is even possible that he hits you 8 times in the head. Admittedly, the chance for it to happen is very low, but the chance of winning a lottery is also very low, and still people manage to do it. I find it very funny how easily you can stir up the mob.

Agreed its far from impossible. Well aware everything is maths based here and your talking the numbers falling in random... always was always will be. However.

What i think your missing Ryan is that apparently nothing has been changed. If this were the case then there would not be any great difference that regular, consistent and active players are finding.

The odds are too great for such things to happen with such a swing since 1.32 if nothing has been changed ... that although not impossible is such high odds that everyone here is winning the lottery on a regular basis, if you get my drift... and that does not happen.

Sure the appearance formula has changed, somewhere either this or something else is affecting the chance/random outcome.

I suggest you go out there and duel solid with a few toons for a week or two and not just assume its a mass placebo effect.

DeletedUser

Well aware everything is maths based here and your talking the numbers falling in random... always was always will be. However.

One thing i learned from duels in the west is that they were never based on maths, more like voodoo :rolleyes:

DeletedUser563

to be honest i see no real change. And I did try several free builds in beta. ppl that is solid duelers still cream me etc etc. Here and there(4 towns) i get most damage from a single hit but thats my boone's axe.

although i want to try a +damage buff still maybe i can surpass my highest of 578. its like pool some ppl will always whine and say ehh the table is too slow for example. A good player will adjust his play. If you cant you never was a good dueler to start with.

DeletedUser363

I can't comment on ranged dueling because I don't have a ranged dueler, but my resistance dueler on W11 isn't seeing any differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.