Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Was this guide helpful to you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Duduie I believe we succeeded to make it as a question/answer thing and I hope we cleared more than a few questions possibly many players would make with those few today's posts. ;)

Since more than a month passed from Saucey's last visit to the forum and John is right that the initial post should be updated with some new stuff, I promise to create a new builds guide for version 1.32 when we get an info on possible items rebalancing changes.

DeletedUser

Oh that sounds good. And I didn't refer to all the posts, just the ones discussing "what is a pure build". We can take that into the saloon and dissect it into thousand pieces.
As soon as you make another guide, it will replace this one. And yes, saucey won't be dealing with it any longer.

DeletedUser

Yeah, we might have drifted into a sort of endless discussion at the end there, so this thread might not be the best place for that topic.

----

Looking forward to reading it JoxerTM :)

DeletedUser

I'm testing my own FF Build on W11, in preparation for W15.

I'll post it later if it works out alright.

DeletedUser

All fort builds work out. Minor variations in fort skills don't make a huge difference. The only significant fort skill is health. Having a higher bonus doesn't give you a lot more hits, but having enough hp to survive an entire battle does.

DeletedUser

You shure about this??

I'm sure you won't get ranked in a small defense on w12 without high hp. You don't do much damage if you aren't in the battle. And yes, with something between 1500 and 2000 battles with all kinds of builds, being specced for fort battles doesn't get you a lot more hits. The player's skill matters more than the character's. Understanding LOS and knowing where and when to move matters more than SP.

DeletedUser31397

I'm sure you won't get ranked in a small defense on w12 without high hp. You don't do much damage if you aren't in the battle. And yes, with something between 1500 and 2000 battles with all kinds of builds, being specced for fort battles doesn't get you a lot more hits. The player's skill matters more than the character's. Understanding LOS and knowing where and when to move matters more than SP.

lol thought that bigger chance to hit dramatically incerases amount of hits :unsure:

DeletedUser

Ultimate worker (tower defend) fort build

HELLO EVERYBODY, just a thought...

Let's imagine an ideal situation with a worker class character, lvl 120, with GG and all quests completed.
That gives character (if I'm not mistaken) 149 attribute points and 393 skill points.

So if they are distributed this way...

Attributes:
Mobility: 149 attributes (dodging and hiding)

Skills:
Hiding: 71
Dodging: 63
Leadership: 259

...gives a total of 220 hiding, 212 dodging and 259 leadership

And with clothes...
Green top hat (+9 hiding, +1 dodging, +10 leadership)
Brown tie: (+6 dodging, +8 leadership)
Sharp tomahawk (+3 hiding, + 3 dodging)
Golden gun: (+2 hiding, +2 dodging, +2 leadership)
Black leather jacket (+11 hiding, +11 leadership)
Fancy soft leg guards (+2 hiding, +32 dodging)
Moccasins (+11 hiding, +2 dodging)
Blue pistol belt (+15 hiding, +25 dodging)
Fireworks rocket (+2 hiding, +2 dodging, +2 leadership)
Mustang for indian set bonus (+10 hiding, +2 dodging)

...gives a total of 288 hiding, 287 dodging and 287 leadership).

According to my calculation that gives a chance to dodge bonus 28,87 (9,63 hiding, 9,62 dodging, 9,62 leadership) +10 base and +3 golden gun bonus is a total of 41,87.

Lets say that a character is on a defense on big fort WT which gives him a bonus of 54,6 (42 + 30%, I'm not exactly sure about this one cause I never played a worker) is a total of 96,47 chance to dodge

Question is if anybody knows has ever someone tried some similar build and how it worked? Did it really dodge almost all shots?
I know for a fact that chance to hit over 100 doesn't always hit, so???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gaga tried a pure mobility character for fort fights on w12. It sucked - you do dodge more times, but you still get hit (never forget that the luck factor is one of 5 most important fort fighting skills) and die in 1 round if in front because of low health.

DeletedUser

See... Just like horse is not a monkey... ;)
Chances to dodge and to hit are less relevant than movement, diplomacy, health, average damage and luck.

DeletedUser31397

See... Just like horse is not a monkey... ;)
Chances to dodge and to hit are less relevant than movement, diplomacy, health, average damage and luck.

Did anyone try fort fighting with holiday's set?? Incerases luck, maybe it would be good to try it out :)

DeletedUser31397

Oh.... and try praying before battle?? Maybe that would be usefull as well

Slygoxx

First off, the bonus during for battles is no chance, it's just a number. Second, @Konjemanjum, the worker bonus does not apply to the character bonus on the tower, so the bonus will be slightly lower.
Third, pure hp will probably yield better survivability than the build you proposed.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31397

First off, the bonus during for battles is no chance, it's just a number. Second, @Konjemanjum, the worker bonus does not apply to the character bonus on the tower, so the bonus will be slightly lower.
Third, pure hp will probably yield better survivability than the build you proposed.

Then what in your opinion means that "number"??

Slygoxx

I think it's kinda like a random number is chosen between 1 and your (aim minus the distance) and a number is chosen between 1 and your target's dodge. Whoever has the highest number wins, and that decides whether the hit will hit or not. Do note that this is only a guess, I have no means of knowing that it actually works like this, though I assume it's close to how it works.

Think about this for a sec: If those numbers were indeed chances, what would happen if someone with a 100(+) bonus to aim shoots at someone with a 100(+) bonus to dodge. In other words, will something that can never miss, hit a target that can not be hit? It's an unsolvable paradox. Just like the immovable object paradox.

And, why would they create 2 bonuses if only one of those would decide whether the shot hits or not?

Last edited:

DeletedUser31397

I think it's kinda like a random number is chosen between 1 and your (aim minus the distance) and a number is chosen between 1 and your target's dodge. Whoever has the highest number wins, and that decides whether the hit will hit or not. Do note that this is only a guess, I have no means of knowing that it actually works like this, though I assume it's close to how it works.

Think about this for a sec: If those numbers were indeed chances, what would happen if someone with a 100(+) bonus to aim shoots at someone with a 100(+) bonus to dodge. In other words, will something that can never miss, hit a target that can not be hit? It's an unsolvable paradox. Just like the immovable object paradox.

And, why would they create 2 bonuses if only one of those would decide whether the shot hits or not?

Yehh that's what i thought in first place....

But it is not true, beacuse fort fights would be too stupid that way. GG stack is removed so there is NO chance for attacker that is on the ground to have higher chance to hit then the defender that is on tower chance to dodge a hit.... So, JoxerTM is right, luck is one of most important factors in fort battles :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What you call "luck" is not the same as real life luck. It has to be a formula to include the "luck" factor into such game activities. And what Slygoxx said might just explain how that "luck" works. Call it luck or randomness, I think is the same thing and Slygoxx's idea makes total sense. In fact, we know for sure that is exactly how luck works in duels, so it is likely that it happens the same in battles, or someone on the ground would never get to hit someone on a tower.