News anout 1.32 from TWtimes 01.07.2011

DeletedUser

News about 1.32 from TWtimes 01.07.2011

http://www.twtimes.de/ausgaben/aktuell/twtimes.pdf

This very month on beta the new duel system will get tested. All I can decypher from bad google translator is that resistance builds will get severely nerfed. Formulas will be adjusted (not rewritten) and dueling relevant values on items will be "corrected". When exactly will the tests begin it's not known, but should be soon as the plan was end of june and it's already july. ;)

The "achievemens" button, and the system is being worked on, but seems that game changes on that matter are huge so there is no guarantee it'll really be a part of the update 1.32. There are still no details how it will work, will we get bonuses of a sort for those achievements and what parts of the game we should concentrate now to get "prepared". Ok, there is a hint that by collecting every type of an item (black, red, blue, yellow, fancy... something) will bring you an achievement and a reward.

Speaking of items, the backpack/inventory limit will not be a part of the update 1.32. It will be a part of the game sometime in the future, but not just yet.

The new avatar system... Is done. And will definetly be in 1.32. You can check many combinations already available on devblog and facebook.

Fort shops if I understood correctly are of the lowest priority and probably won't make it to 1.32. Changes to jobs and items (rebalancing) are being worked on but are in the early stages.

In 1.32 another type of quests will be introduced - repeatable ones. There will be daily quests and weekly quests. You solve it and then you can solve it again. These quests will not add to the statistics of number of solved quests, but there will be an achievement or a few connected to solving such quests.

There will be some Crafting changes (more recipes for beginners) but don't expect getting some new recipes with "overpowered" items.

And there is some huge intreview with abedy (tw-db). Man, you rock! :)
And there is also a short interview with Hades, but... Hades comes here only occassionaly and is more on .de forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26406

Wow, nice Joxer.
Thanks a lot, decoding the Times is something quite time consuming.

Slygoxx

Thanks for reminding me about this new TWtimes issue, totally forgot about it :) The interview with abedy is a nice read, he definitely deserves the attention.

Also, if you need me to translate one or more articles or paragraphs for better understanding, just let me know. I won't translate the entire issue though.

DeletedUser

very nice, very nice indeed.

edit: having just gone thru the process myself, i can say that joxer failed to mention something very important....a script that lets you sell multiple market items at a time....http://pastebin.com/cVEeZgu8

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you carefully read the thread title you'll understand that talking about scripts it's a huge offtopic in this thread.
Also I don't encourage usage of any kind of scripts. Legal or illegal, cheatz or noncheat, it's all the same crap to me. Sorry about that.

DeletedUser

Oh dear, apologies about the ot....
Personally, I don't use scripts either, but this is the one exception.....even then, I probably won't even use it that much. Besides, I calculate things myself tyvm. :)

DeletedUser1121

i think some of it will be translated and up on the blog

DeletedUser

HOW MUCH will the resistance builds be nerfed down? This aint now fun for resistance duelers. More players will quit now because their build will be ineffective now.

DeletedUser

It's not known yet how the new system exactly will work.
And why would we care for those who quit? They all knew duel system will change. They couldn't wait a month or two but just had to respec today into dueling or they would die? Their problem.

DeletedUser22685

No problem for me if they nerf resistance, I'll just respec to a regular melee build in 5 minutes. But I can understand why people would be unhappy if their build is nerfed and they need to use their real life cash to pay for nuggets to change it, or even worse, don't use premium at all and need to either respec slowly and painfully, deal with a weaker build or just quit.

DeletedUser

Futu the way I see it, all workerkillers claimed here their KOing workers was not because they're plain bullies but because they earn some huge cash with it.
And now you're suggesting they don't have enough cash for respec?

Something smells there. :)

Red Falcon

The new dueling system is not what bothers me most. What bothers me is these new avatars I keep hearing about. And also the apparently upcoming inventory/backpack limit. About the avatars, are we going to be able to keep the avatar we have now? Or is it going to get changed according to the avatar we have now? Or something entirely different? And how is the backpack/inventory limit going to work? These two things are on my mind for now, but the new achievements and repeatable quests both sound like good things to come.

DeletedUser

About the avatars, are we going to be able to keep the avatar we have now? Or is it going to get changed according to the avatar we have now? Or something entirely different?
I believe old avatars are history and you'll just create a new one yourself. Or play with a generic (randomly created by the system) one.

And how is the backpack/inventory limit going to work?
It's not a part of the next update, backpack stays as it is temporarily. How will the limit work exactly is not determined yet.

DeletedUser20647

No problem for me if they nerf resistance, I'll just respec to a regular melee build in 5 minutes. But I can understand why people would be unhappy if their build is nerfed and they need to use their real life cash to pay for nuggets to change it, or even worse, don't use premium at all and need to either respec slowly and painfully, deal with a weaker build or just quit.
They are only changing the effectiveness of reflex vs. melee and toughness vs. firearms. Meaning, you'll have to either specialize or use more points for the resistance skills.... or take more damage ;)

Oh, and changing one item that is too strong for dueler at the moment. Fancy soft leg guards perhaps...

DeletedUser

ehm..... I wrote already a translation for the blog..... The hole article should come soon

DeletedUser

They are only changing the effectiveness of reflex vs. melee and toughness vs. firearms. Meaning, you'll have to either specialize or use more points for the resistance skills.... or take more damage ;)

Oh, and changing one item that is too strong for dueler at the moment. Fancy soft leg guards perhaps...

I expect that the new duelsystem comes only at new worlds, actually I hope it. Reflex/toughness duellers are the best at the moment, but I don't think they will pay for some new duelstats.

And hooray, fortshop won't come with 1.32. Maybe they can keep their promises for themselves.

DeletedUser

Won´t there be two new systems? The completly new one for new worlds and modified system to the current system for older worlds?