2nd KEY !!!

DeletedUser

Seems to me players are being punished for not looking ahead to find spoilers. This is a game right ? well last time I looked it was either add in away for players to find the 2nd key if they choosed the wrong path. Or give them the key if they ask for it in a support ticket. You know you can give items aswell as take them from a players account. (I even heard this happened on a non .net world)
I don't think they should live with it, the golden rifle is the biggest most important item to lay your hands on, 3000$ cash isnt enough of a booby price now, cash in jobs has raised.
Stand up and be counted for players who made the wrong choice you should miss out !!!!

(I am sure inno games will make a small profit from going out there way, not many repecc to get the 3rd without using premium.)

DeletedUser1121

Or, instead of whining, you could just take the choice you made and accept it.
There are more options to get the second key that don't involve begging for it.

I did the wrong quest a long time ago. So now i am back at level 20
Instead of begging for a key, i restarted (was at level 101).

It will take a while, but i will get the key and i will be proud i didn't have to ask for it.

DeletedUser

Or, instead of whining, you could just take the choice you made and accept it.
There are more options to get the second key that don't involve begging for it.

I did the wrong quest a long time ago. So now i am back at level 20
Instead of begging for a key, i restarted (was at level 101).

It will take a while, but i will get the key and i will be proud i didn't have to ask for it.

I am not even going to bite to your tune, I didnt make the wrong decision, but I do think its extreme you think players shouldnt be allowed the 2nd key at all. If you don't get a holiday set item first time around you atleast get achance the following year !
Hernando's sword can be found so doesnt matter if you miss out on that but the 2nd key if you choose wrongly thats it you will never get the Golden rifle !!! and you think thats alright ? this is a game, wouldnt be so bad if the only other way you could get it was to reset that world. Get real, just throw it in as a drop only acutionable to be sold to players lvl 100 plus or a new quest for players that went down that path. Make it as tough as you like but don't keep it this way impossible.

Not to mention some people chose the wrong decision before the GG even existed.

Well exactly, wouldnt be so bad if the other decision turned out a different path where they get something else.

DeletedUser

There are certain towns in all worlds that provide an important notes about several quests.
For example, in my town there is #1 sticky names "the most important thing" and it's ment for players level 50 so they know ladies go first in a certain quest. Without spoiling anything, it's shared with some other towns.
And such important notices include the key #2 and the goldgun story.

But there some people that don't care for things like that. They come to your town or alliance for whatever reason and then they leave gor another whatever reason. And then they say it's everyone else's fault.

Key #2 is a part of the old game design where a decision would bring you an unique item or 1 plus quest if you want "who's the questiest" title. You made a choice, one more solved quest or a key. Live with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1121

The quest clearly states that you must make a decision:

Hint: In this quest you have a choice. You can tell the Sheriff about the mugs or join them

If you don't know what the consequences of decision is, you should not take it.
If you do, it is at your own risk.

DeletedUser

Seems to me players are being punished for not looking ahead to find spoilers. This is a game right ? well last time I looked it was either add in away for players to find the 2nd key if they choosed the wrong path. Or give them the key if they ask for it in a support ticket.

GIVE them the key? Before anyone knew what the ? was I never had any intention of choosing the other path or taking the walking stick. Long before the keys had any use, I still never had any intention of choosing any other way. On w4 I was pure hiding when The raid was implemented. I could have easily done the second path, instead I waited and specced towards the first path from level 75 to avoid a major respec. I finally finished it at level 110.

Spoilers had nothing to do with it, unless you call the ? that was on West Stats for so long when the quest was added.

DeletedUser

Haha well thats alittle OTT, but the gattling gun wouldn't be on the over hand. The Golden Rifle still would be the best fort weapon. If with golden set, the average damage would be 305 vs 300 gattling gun. And the Gattling gun doesn't give any sector bonuses to the holder or surrounding friends, plus needs to be level 85 instead of level 75 a massive difference.

But no doub't Golden rifle holders would start whinning !!! (as a MOD put it :eek:).

Just remember this is a game and people play games for enjoyment, its considered the biggest goal in the game to go for the Golden rifle. So for players that can't get it this must be a big blow.

DeletedUser

But there some people that don't care for things like that. They come to your town or alliance for whatever reason and then they leave gor another whatever reason. And then they say it's everyone else's fault.

People come and go. It's always been, and it will always be like that, but sometimes we should open up our eyes better and we will see reason which is always there. Mabe i am wrong but most of that kind of ppl never open town forum and read btw lines but that is their fault not everyone else. :)

And litlle to add about key 2 i am against that. Sorry Billy we are good friends but no for this. Everyone who played game before and after golden gun quest should know that key 2 will be needed in future so everyone had a choice to choose left or right path. It would be unfair to other players who choose left side of quest for key 2 if right side gets now more powerfull weapon than gg. Just want to say before gg quest everyone had choice to choose side which they want, and if they put something like that in game players with gg dont have choice anymore. It is better to leave this quest as he was. :)

DeletedUser

People come and go.
Are you suggesting Dirty Rotten Billy was in your town and still didn't read that important quest stuff on the shared forum?
You're so beneath him, why would he bother to read your gibberish junk on the town forum. Whatta shame.

Well, at least blaming others for your own mistakes makes a good topic to discuss here on the official forum.

DeletedUser

Are you suggesting Dirty Rotten Billy was in your town and still didn't read that important quest stuff on the shared forum?
You're so beneath him, why would he bother to read your gibberish junk on the town forum. Whatta shame.

Well, at least blaming others for your own mistakes makes a good topic to discuss here on the official forum.

Nope i dont suggest anything i personally know that Billy choose right path for key 2. on all servers where he play. He just want to help others, but my opinion is that is usles try. That thing will change complete game if devs made that chagne and put something like that inside game.

ps: I personally dont blame anyone. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes.

DeletedUser

Oh, he wants to help? Well, how about starting with staying in a town and helping townmates instead being a bee that flies from a flower to a flower.

Don't get me wrong, flying around and helping at least a bit is not as negative as acquiring a new acc every 15-20 days and helping absolutely noone.

DeletedUser

Well when i did that quest the keys didn´t have any use (or they had but nobody found what it was or where to get the 3 key). So basically i had to choose between the walking stick and the indian coat. That was around 18 months ago.
Since i had found the walking stick on some job, i have gone to get the indian coat. (and by that time i couldn´t do the bounty hunter job... since at level 67 i didn´t had skills for it)

But there is a thing that the devs never explained. If you do the 1 option of the raid the Desert of Kapura and the Dickson forest employers just disappear from the map. If you selected the other side of the quest, both employers stay open waiting for anything else.
It can be some bug that sees that i didn´t go the path of the key and there are still quests there but doesn´t check if i can do it... or there is another way to open the other side of the quest.

DeletedUser1121

There is no other way to open the quest. And quest givers from other quests (which are finished) still show on the map as well.

DeletedUser

There is no other way to open the quest. And quest givers from other quests (which are finished) still show on the map as well.

so you can get to little eagle after you get the new starter belt? I can´t.
So you can get to the Coloners trail after you do the 18h work that they ask and deliver the pursue? I can´t.
So you can get to Aretha after you defeat her on the 3 duel? I can´t.

The only ones i have are: Desert of Kapura (funny that ANYONE that did the 2 key quest doesn´t see it in ANY SERVER), Dickson Forest (same thing), Forest Meadow (we now know that, at least, 1 secret quest asks for things there), east and west points (there was a rumor that the quest that gave the old 3 key had things there) and the Ghost Town (that, again, we know that there are some unsolved secret quests based there).

I only have 372 quests completed...

DeletedUser1121

for example. i could still see mudgridge after i finished the adventurers quest.

DeletedUser31389

Seems to me players are being punished for not looking ahead to find spoilers. This is a game right ? well last time I looked it was either add in away for players to find the 2nd key if they choosed the wrong path. Or give them the key if they ask for it in a support ticket. You know you can give items aswell as take them from a players account. (I even heard this happened on a non .net world)
I don't think they should live with it, the golden rifle is the biggest most important item to lay your hands on, 3000$ cash isnt enough of a booby price now, cash in jobs has raised.
Stand up and be counted for players who made the wrong choice you should miss out !!!!

(I am sure inno games will make a small profit from going out there way, not many repecc to get the 3rd without using premium.)

I dont want people who play this game think they can make up for what wrongs they have done. Its realistic. Unless crafting makes a product Time Machine people who made the wrong decision should be punished for eternity.

Secondly you should get key3 even if you cant get key2 and sell it to people like me staring at the market.Some in your aliance I mean. This will give you a few million very handy dollars.