Who's the questiest!

DeletedUser22493

Looks like many have done some quests. Need to update your front page mate.

DeletedUser

Wow! I'm no. 1! :eek: :D

For now, people will soon catch up. And I refuse to destroy my H sword for finishing 1 quest more. :no:

DeletedUser

img.php

And on W9, looking at 350 at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28464

spoilers

The vast majority of players use spoilers to do quests in The West. For most of the quests, I have not used spoilers. But, I did run into a good number of quests that were just too stupid to do without spoilers, so I went to spoilers like everybody else.
Considering all the quests I have done without spoilers, I do belong to the top category.

I did all the quests for my class except the ones from last update, which I am currently working on.

For those of you that use spoilers, your results are meaningless.
Pedro

DeletedUser

For those of you that use spoilers, your results are meaningless.

So you figured out how to get Hernando's on your own or you don't have it anywhere?

Whatever, it doesn't matter if you're being a hypocrite. You're assuming everyone has to play your way. To someone who cares only about dueling, or just hates questing, all of these numbers are meaningless too.

Either way it's completely irrelevant.

DeletedUser28464

Hypocrite ?

So you figured out how to get Hernando's on your own or you don't have it anywhere?

Whatever, it doesn't matter if you're being a hypocrite. You're assuming everyone has to play your way. To someone who cares only about dueling, or just hates questing, all of these numbers are meaningless too.

Either way it's completely irrelevant.

Well, I admit I didn't do Hernando's sword cause I don't melee. I am saying how things are and not doing any name calling. The question is who is the questiest. ? Whether you use spoilers is a big factor on being a quest person. People have just forgotten to measure that factor in their results.

I am surprised you are using name calling "hypocrite", I am just stating my opinion on quests and not attacking anyone in particular,

Pedro

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am surprised you are using name calling "hypocrite"

I didn't call you a hypocrite, I said if you used spoilers to get Hernando's you'd be one.

I am just stating my opinion on quests and not attacking anyone

Not attacking everyone? You're belittling what every single person who's posted in this thread considers at least some kind of accomplishment.

DeletedUser28464

spoilers

On second thought I admit that saying For those of you that use spoilers, your results are meaningless, is not fair. Most quests demand a lot of work even with spoilers. Some of the quests are nearly impossible to do without spoilers. Most quests are much easier to do with spoilers than without.
With the quests stats we should have added a questioner
Example:
To do quest:
I never use spoilers
I always use spoilers
I use spoiler as soon as I am stuck
I try several different things before I use spoilers
I use spoilers only when I tried everything I could imagine, and I am still stuck

The spoiler factor is very important to determine "Who is the questiest ?"

Pedro

DeletedUser

Some of the quests are nearly impossible to do without spoilers.

Yes they are. In figuring out the golden Colt and saber, tens if not hundreds of people, were trying various combinations of gear and jobs. Is the only one who deserves any credit the one who figured out the exact step and not the ones who helped with the trial and error?

Is mickey1992, the only one I know of who figured out Hernando's independently, the only one who deserves any credit? Are the hundreds of hours some people put in to finding a note part 1 before the market was implemented meaningless? Or the hundreds of hours finding a third key? Is either really any different than someone who needed 100 hours to find a Union flag for Henry's birthday?

My quester on w2 was using my own all-jobs build, not one copied from someone else. Is that meaningless? Is the effort required to respec for the Animal Spirits and Circus quests meaningless? One of my biggest regrets in this game is that I took shortcuts. I didn't so all the unnecessary "Let the adventure begin" subquests. I didn't duel all the Scoundrels (I was pure trading at the time). Everyone who's ahead of me didn't take shortcuts. Using spoilers put me at a disadvantage because I knew from previous worlds where I'd done the adventurer quests what steps I could skip, and I skipped them.

Most games that have achievements have some sort of "completionist" medal. That's what this is about.

This is just a game. Everything is meaningless. Everyone has their own goals and it's not for one person to decide what's important for another.

DeletedUser

On second thought I admit that saying For those of you that use spoilers, your results are meaningless, is not fair. Most quests demand a lot of work even with spoilers. Some of the quests are nearly impossible to do without spoilers. Most quests are much easier to do with spoilers than without.
With the quests stats we should have added a questioner
Example:
To do quest:
I never use spoilers
I always use spoilers
I use spoiler as soon as I am stuck
I try several different things before I use spoilers
I use spoilers only when I tried everything I could imagine, and I am still stuck

The spoiler factor is very important to determine "Who is the questiest ?"

Pedro

What your saying here is "utterly meaningless"! I've been playing here forever, since the excitement over the first found rusty shotgun. I have not yet reached level 120. I have logged in pretty much every day for almost three years. I would claim there's not a single player who have not used spoilers, in the forum or been getting "hints" from town mates. (maybe someone who has voluntarily got stuck in a bunch of quest's because they refuse to look at spoiler).
But your reasoning is wrong for another reason! I have no premium, never used a single nugget. Should I have some different medal sins I cant purchase products at work site but have to work for them, I only can line up three jobs ( used to be two), I cant use nuggets to "fly" to destination to pic up for ex, last years Easter eggs. Should my dueling stats be different because I have a disadvantage dueling a "premium".
No one is the same in this game and everybody's equal, live with it!

DeletedUser28464

Let us not lose sleep over this

I usually play The West with 1 or 2 premiums. The game is rather cheap compared to most "pay to play online games". There is a tendency of some non paying players to look down on paying players. The game needs these paying players. HINT: You should thank those that keep the game online.

I used to play GEOPOLIS; an excellent game in my opinion. I wrote many guides on gameplay; some are probably still used. I was never critical of that game but I had to quit because my kingdom had become too big, and I no longer had the time for the game. I did play Geopolis with full premiums.

I am not attacking any players style of play. I am expressing my opinion on game concepts. So, don't lose sleep because I suggested that the use of spoilers needed to be considered in the question : Who is the questiest ? Don't make an obsession over the word "meaningless".

Everybody knows the meaninglessness of being meaningless
Few know the meaningfulness of being meaningless
Lao Tze

Pedro

DeletedUser

My point Pedro has nothing to do with premium players. Of course they are needed otherwise the game would not exist, the non paying are also necessary because otherwise these (The west, Grepolis and other similar games) worlds would be to sparsely populated, that's why the devs of these games do it.
If I chose to play it this way its my choice, I do not ask for any special treatment.
My point is; You want some kind of special treatment of questers who not read "spoilers", how will you prove this for starters.
I could say that a builders "building-medals" is less worth then mine, because I'm an adventurer.
My "monastery resident" is better because I'm an atheist.
My "gunslinger" medal is better because I'm not a dueler.
This road is endless, just let it be, it's ok :)

DeletedUser

Honestly I'm not sure what is premium doing in this thread.
There is no quest that is not solvable unless you have premium. Anyone can solve any quest without premium.

Grepolis? You mean another farm till you die clone? Yes, that's pretty meaningles game. All clones are.
The west is an unique browser game. There are no clones.

DeletedUser28464

translation

Honestly I'm not sure what is premium doing in this thread.
There is no quest that is not solvable unless you have premium. Anyone can solve any quest without premium.

Grepolis? You mean another farm till you die clone? Yes, that's pretty meaningles game. All clones are.
The west is an unique browser game. There are no clones.

The West is not as unique as you might think. Its main concepts, dueling match, jobs for xp, money and drops, fort battle type mini game, etc.. have existed in many older computer games.

For people that like strategy games, Geopolis is a great game. It has the farm till you die aspect at the start of the game, because that is the only part of the game that most play. All clones are not bad games.Those are just stereotype one-liner judgements on your part.

Because a game is unique, it doesn't give it a 5 star rating. I have seen many unique games and they were total failures.

We are off topic here, but some of the people that dominate these forums cause it because they want monopoly over having the right answers.

Going back to the topic on "Who is the questiest?", another factor that was not considered is language. I am fluent in 2 languages, and I know the various problems that exist with translating. The West is a translated game from the German. Clues are hints, and sometimes they are very vague. Translating the clues into another language can add smoke to the fire, misdirection, and nuances not initially intended. Being able to do the quests in the original language of the game is without argument a net advantage.

The fact that some quests took 100's of hours of trial and error by many dedicated players does not make them good quests.
Pedro

DeletedUser

Sorry Pedro but I totally, in all parts, disagree with you.

The west? There is no such browser online RPG. This skillsystem, questsystem, duelsystem, fortsystem and now craftystem is not present in any other browser game. What olders computer games are you talking about? I guess - none.

Grepolis is just another tribal wars, with a few more makeup additions (gods). It's the same s*, new wrapping. And it sux.

And the fan based category, questiest players, is not there because you get a medal, achievement, bonus or attention. It's there so players don't ignore that quests are a part of this game and can see that there are more than 300 quests in this game. Not only that, the number of quests is raising with each update.