Update 1.31 - All changes in forts

DeletedUser22493

Has anyone made up their minds on how exactly a fort battle should be?
There certainly is many opinions as to how it should not be.

If we cap the HP, soft or hard, then what? Will battles be "fair"? And what is fair?
Is it fair the other team has more "pure" fort fighters, or higher levels?

Either you gotta do more damage, or take less damage. Doing more damage is out of the question, because that would instakill lower levels.

Is the problem really the HP? Or is that in order to win FB's, someone needs to make their character completely useless by going pure HP. They sacrifice quests, jobs, duels and in some occasions holiday items. And not to mention all the nuggets and cash is costs.

Is it so that we want to bring fort battles to a level where the average Joe, without any special skill placement can make a huge difference in a battle, and then go back to working high luck or exp jobs after that?

To make fort battles fair to both beginners and veterans and allowing elite builds, but still avoiding killing lower levels in 2 hits, pure HP builds is pretty good solution.

DeletedUser

This wouldn't make hp builds obsolete by any means, but slightly reduce their overpowering effectiveness. Besides, fort battles are the quickest way to level up; with a potential 1500 xp that can be earned in each battle, that doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice.

Unless you want to make separate fort battle skills where you get 2 'fort fighting skill points' for every 'fort fighting level' gained exclusively through earning xp from fort battles. Idk, we have a duel level, should we also have a fort fighting level?

DeletedUser16002

This wouldn't make hp builds obsolete by any means, but slightly reduce their overpowering effectiveness. Besides, fort battles are the quickest way to level up; with a potential 1500 xp that can be earned in each battle, that doesn't sound like much of a sacrifice.

Fort battles dont happen 24/7 and getting 1500xp is not exactly common, you can get more xp from dueling and at a consistant rate.

Unless you want to make separate fort battle skills where you get 2 'fort fighting skill points' for every 'fort fighting level' gained exclusively through earning xp from fort battles. Idk, we have a duel level, should we also have a fort fighting level?

Duel levels work because its 1v1, it wouldnt work in multiplayer fort fights.

DeletedUser

Duel levels work because its 1v1, it wouldnt work in multiplayer fort fights.
I'd imagine it would take your hits, misses, dodges, damage done, etc into account; not for hitting a particular person.

Diggo11

Which is why im not too keen on this.
Double hp is the only good thing in battles for soldiers sub level 70.
Straight after this is implemented you will get a new post saying "soldier bonus is no match for the other char bonuses"...
...which is why I think the only way forward is to increase the effectiveness of the other fb skills.
Double hp is precisely why we have this problem.....sure it'll hurt at the beginning but people will adjust to it, since this is how it should be, with no one skill being the most important.
Only good thing? Soldiers presently give themselves and neighbouring players a 25% leadership bonus, or 50% with premium. You could increase that if you wanted to, either way you'd have resolved the HP tanking, but personally I don't think you'd be doing any favours to class balancing.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9470

i feel its a lost cause. it is clear hp tanks "hog" fort battles for themselves.
it puts a lot of people off playing them, including the most active of us which has a second negative "no show" effect.
its a vicious circle that we are all in.

with regards to the soldier lead bonus, its either you chose leadership, either you chose HP.
HP has been proven to be the best skill to use, so the lead bonus is in effect "nil".

take away/mod that hp bonus and its a completely new game for soldiers, and i guarantee a load of whine posts resulting from that.

idk what i can do, it seems we are losing players daily. its very depressing.
maybe the kayak cap hp idea is best?
maybe inno should do a load of testing so as to solve this issue?
maybe it isnt that much of an issue and its down to the factions to play fair?

DeletedUser

maybe those factions should take turns taking over the world.....just a random thought.......

DeletedUser

i feel its a lost cause. it is clear hp tanks "hog" fort battles for themselves.
it puts a lot of people off playing them, including the most active of us which has a second negative "no show" effect.
its a vicious circle that we are all in.
It's not the only "no show" reason. There are many of reasons. And since it's a thread about forts in general, reasons for "no show" in forts are:

0. your HP is 1000-2000 and you stand no chance against a bunch of 10.000+ HP monsters
1. your energy is full, you don't want to risk it unless on energy refill premium worlds, you'll go jobs and duels instead and skip the fight
2. you're plain lazy to check fort overview and are waiting for town/alliance leader to post/massmail which fort fight you should go
3. you're in the middle of a silly quest that can be solved only that day or on the location hours away from the fort - there is not only one such quest, almost every serie needs you to meet a time or a place criteria
4. your class is not dueler, and you want boxes in fights, but you cannot get them because those for some reason drop to duelers and very rare to other classes
5. you dislike someone on the attacking side and someone on defending side, so you don't want to help anyone in the battle
6. you didn't get rank in previous few fights and were left out of the battle so you don't want to bother with it any more
7. you're chasing the most important (and also useless) dishwasher medal and simply don't want to invest cash into fort weapon and join fort fightsa as you'll get more cash from jobs/duels/quests than from forts
8. the whole thing is too much for your IQ, you don't understand how to play that minigame, so you play online farm-till-you-die clones, no questions (about your intelligence) asked

maybe those factions should take turns taking over the world.....just a random thought.......
Factions? There are no factions in this game. For some reason devs didn't put them. You get class bonuses, but unlike every other (epic) RPG, there are no factions so you can't get a faction bonus.
Dunno what devs' plans are, but imagine if there were different factions and you can switch (not permanently! why not - because there is no end game) into any of them, so we could have, something like this:
assassins - adds +20 to aim while in duels and +2 hitchance in forts
hunters - adds +100 LP to every job that involves wild animals
thieves - adds +25% to cash reward you get from duels/forts
bounty hunters - adds 100% speed if you're on any map spot but clicked to duel a player from a poster (hmm... this looks abusable)
etc

If you were thinking about alliances that are made by players - those are not factions. Not really.

DeletedUser16002

0. your HP is 1000-2000 and you stand no chance against a bunch of 10.000+ HP monsters

Exagerating will get you nowhere :p There are not that many 10k+ hps in battles, maybe 1-2.

DeletedUser

If you were thinking about alliances that are made by players - those are not factions. Not really.
well of course not, i was just going with neo's wording. and going further, there aren't really that many genuine alliances. I am not intentionally trying to antagonize members of mega-alliances, but I think you would agree with me that they're just NAP's between multiple smaller groups for the most part, with two mega-alliances dominating the world stage and it just results in a stalemate with regards to forts. Not really conducive to overall enjoyment of the game imo. There needs to be a paradigm shift in this area. I don't know how this would be accomplished, but things will be so much better if we can pull it off.

DeletedUser

Exagerating will get you nowhere :p There are not that many 10k+ hps in battles, maybe 1-2.

LOL
1-2... Um... what world are you talking about... w1.net perhaps?

Here's a sample from last report I have, and that's still not all of them on w13, just everyone didn't come in this battle:

9k1o3t.png

DeletedUser9470

the only reason why you go to a fort fight is because it is fun.
if you take the fun away then there is no point in going.

i think you make it a bit too complicated.
If you have a winning side then you also have the random non fb guys turn up on your side as well.
if you are on the losing side all that happens is that you lose even more because people start not showing, or even changing sides.

this issue isnt simply down to hp tanks, its down to the whole game system.
once you have the upper hand its pretty much game over.

which is why w10 was the best world for so long, because the leaders of the opposing sides always tried to keep that competition going on...
once all the fort fighters got into the same faction there was no more competition and since february w10 has kept losing valuable active players. from one side only.

that is the real issue.
look at most worlds, theyre all dominated by one side.
w1 is a classic example.
open new worlds and the competition starts again with new hope of glory.

thats why i think that inno should be looking at making fort battles outcomes a lot more fair/random/easy for the underdogs. this would without a doubt give longevity to worlds.

DeletedUser16002

I meant average per battle, for example world 9 doesnt even have 10k+ tanks. Guess your world just has more nuggest buyers because it has a lower highest HP than world 9.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

perhaps fort battles shouldn't be fought just to gain the fort, but to accomplish other objectives. irl, there were negotiations, treaties, territory ceded to the victors, reparations, diplomatic agreements, among other things.

DeletedUser

Don't know if anyone mentioned it but I have to say that I hate the early registering thing because it creates confusion or/and a lot of work for the battle leaders. If you have an alliance of 1000 members and 400 people register it will be a nightmare for the battle leaders and fighters. Try figure out who is on their way to the fort, who signed in and forgot to come to the fort, how many fighters you really have...should you stack or not on somebody..is he coming or not?
The early registering thing should be available only for the fort owners, town founders councelors (the generals and captains). Those that have a better rank from start and are registered but can't arrive in good time at a battle will be able to rank people.

DeletedUser

If you have an alliance of 1000 members and 400 people register

Give us a screen shot of 400 people signed up for a battle. It's a little inconvenient when ranking, but it beats dropping everything and rushing to a fort as soon as it's dug.

DeletedUser

perhaps fort battles shouldn't be fought just to gain the fort, but to accomplish other objectives. irl, there were negotiations, treaties, territory ceded to the victors, reparations, diplomatic agreements, among other things.
to be more specific, we could introduce 'alliance medals' to spice things up. stronghold: alliances could get them for holding all the forts in a county for a week, marathon: winning the most battles in a day/week/month/forever, around the world: having controlled every single fort at one point in time or another, between the lines: owning at least one fort in specific counties so if someone colored in the county with a black marker it would spell a word or a symbol or a line or a shape or something, pros: winning a battle with only lv. 60's and under, perfect attendance: having every single member of a full town that dug show up to a battle, hiring mercenaries: having only nonalliance members win a fort for you, tragic loss: losing all of your forts(5-10 or more) in a day, revenge: regaining all of your lost forts, achilles' heel: repeatedly taking and losing the same fort, good trade-off: losing a fort but gaining a fort of the same/larger size, boxed in: surrounding an enemy county with your counties, breaking free/loose: escaping from being boxed in, teamwork: working with multiple alliances to get a fort, big brother: having a fort in every county, and other weird/fun/wacky/zany things. lol I have too much time on my hands......

DeletedUser

Give us a screen shot of 400 people signed up for a battle. It's a little inconvenient when ranking, but it beats dropping everything and rushing to a fort as soon as it's dug.

Well not 400 maybe 200...but your reason is not good enough :p
Even 150 people registered to a small fort causes a lot of problems.
There are more disadvantages than advantages. Noobs think if they are registered they don't need to come at the fort, some forget they didn't get there :D, stacking is a big problem, recruiters have big problems (now they have a lot to work and it's all about time...they already spend a lot of time making sure things will go well..now the amount of work is doubled).

DeletedUser5677

Random targeting in hit box areas would go a long way.
There's a lot they could do with fort battle mode, make battlefields and little ok corral shootouts, but after looking at the upcoming avatars I have to wonder about exactly how much development and of what quality is going on here.

DeletedUser

Does anybody else have problem with speed of the battle flash? The problem has appeared after the update to 1.31.. Now the flash is so extremly slow, that I see the comments on the chat after half of round!