Limit the Health Skill

DeletedUser31859

This should not be done its our wish where we want to put our skills in...

DeletedUser

This should not be done its our wish where we want to put our skills in...

Yes, and you can choose to put however many points in leadership (or stamina, hiding, dodging, or aim) you'd like...

• +1 bonus with one point
  • +2 bonus with 6 points
  • +3 bonus with 16 points
  • +4 bonus with 32 points
  • +5 bonus with 56 points
  • +6 bonus with 88 points
  • +7 bonus with 130 points
  • +8 bonus with 181 points
  • +9 bonus with 243 points
  • +10 bonus with 316 points
...but will suffer diminishing returns.

DeletedUser

I really dont get all the lets cap hp business...
If someone wants to be pure hp let them
But, come a fort fight, if fort skills were more important, that hp wouldnt last long anyway.
In which case pure hp fort fighters would disappear, as it would be just as important, maybe even more important to have aim, dodge, lead, hide and stam skills.

As simple as that.

Making these skills actually count would then make different types of fort fighters, some who are good dodgers, some who are good aimers, good all-rounders, good leaderss etc.
It would make fort fights a lot more interesting and thus a lot more fun.

If pure hp and no dodge then guaranteed that every shot lands on you.
If pure hp and no aim then guaranteed you get no shots in...
Simplz

Surely peeps want to be able to be unique, if to fort fight you need to be as dull as possible and stack hp...

I finally decided to read this one and in all honesty, this is the best of the ideas. If Neo's suggestion were implemented it would fix a lot of the issues that have been discussed. Everybody is different so let everybody be different. Add emphasis on the other Fort Fighting skills and see where things go. I think it will make things VERY interesting.

DeletedUser

No caps on hp.

Anytime a character is set heavily in one area there are advantages and disadvantages, including HP tanks.

Oh no, the HP monsters are ruining the fort fights! Oh no, the golden guns are ruining the fort fights! Oh no, the HP monsters are once again ruining the fort fights! Duelers are hitting too hard, workers' sector bonus is too much, soldiers get free hp, adventurers ghost or dodge too often, blah blah blah.

As an adventurer that rarely rarely ghosts, can only take 6/7 hits and dodges for crap, HP will be my only saving grace even though I have fairly decent other FF skills. It's not a game of who I can kill -- for me it's a game of how can I survive and be useful to the team. And if it's putting sp into hp and taking my turn on the front lines to help save those in the back, so be it.

You set up your character how you want and leave me to mine.

DeletedUser

I finally decided to read this one and in all honesty, this is the best of the ideas. If Neo's suggestion were implemented it would fix a lot of the issues that have been discussed. Everybody is different so let everybody be different. Add emphasis on the other Fort Fighting skills and see where things go. I think it will make things VERY interesting.
I second the motion.

DeletedUser

I agree, health needs a cap.

Anyone remotely involved in battles from Worlds 11-14 can see that the GGs caused everyone to beef up, and now with their removal, attacks don't stand a chance.

DeletedUser9470

No caps on hp.

Anytime a character is set heavily in one area there are advantages and disadvantages, including HP tanks.

Oh no, the HP monsters are ruining the fort fights! Oh no, the golden guns are ruining the fort fights! Oh no, the HP monsters are once again ruining the fort fights! Duelers are hitting too hard, workers' sector bonus is too much, soldiers get free hp, adventurers ghost or dodge too often, blah blah blah.

As an adventurer that rarely rarely ghosts, can only take 6/7 hits and dodges for crap, HP will be my only saving grace even though I have fairly decent other FF skills. It's not a game of who I can kill -- for me it's a game of how can I survive and be useful to the team. And if it's putting sp into hp and taking my turn on the front lines to help save those in the back, so be it.

You set up your character how you want and leave me to mine.

what if your dodge skills actually made you "dodge"?
would you still stick all ur sps into hp?

DeletedUser

Here's a proposal for how you might incorporate diminishing returns onto HP. It is for non-soldiers, soldiers bonus would remain the same (50% more for non-premium).

Health of 1-150 each point gives 10 HP (same as now)
Health of 151-200 each point gives 8HP
Health of 201-250 each point gives 6HP
Health of 251-300 each point gives 4HP
Health above 300 each point gives 2HP

This would mean for the change would have no (or almost no) effect for duelers and others that aren't pumping points into Health.

Assuming level 100:
Someone with 150 health points would still have 2590, 3340, 4090 HP (non-soldier, soldier, premium soldier)
200 health points would go from (3090, 4090, 5090) to (2990, 3940, 4890)
250 health points would go from (3590, 4840, 6090) to (3290, 4390, 5490)
300 health points would go from (4090, 5590, 7090) to (3490, 4690, 5890)
350 health points would go from (4590, 6340, 8090) to (3590, 4840, 6090)
500 health points would go from (6090, 8590, 11090) to (3890, 5290, 6690)

Every other skill has diminishing returns in battles and dueling. HP as the most important battle skill ought to have diminishing returns as well. This is just an example of what the formula might look like, the exact formula could be tweaked. I think it makes sense to implement something like this regardless of other changes made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A related topic, but separate is the impact fort battle skills (other than HP) have. Based on the developers blog, fort battle skills (stamina,hiding, aim, dodge, leadership) all get diminishing returns on the scale of x^.4. This means that your first 50 points towards these skills gets you about 5 points for you attack/dodge value. Your next 50 points gets you about 1.5 towards your attack/dodge value.

This basically ends up meaning that you can get most of your attack/dodge bonus from gear alone, and any additional points in these skills give minimal returns. I think this could/should be adjusted so that the skill have more of an impact, but it needs to be increased only slightly, so that lower level players still have a decent chance of hitting and dodging. Perhaps moving it up to x^.5 would be enough. This would mean the first 50 points got you about 7 points toward attack/dodge value, and the next 50 got you about 3.

Again, the exact formula could be tweaked. But, it would be nice if fort battle skills had more of an impact, while still allowing lower level players to participate in fort battles in aa meaningful way. (This probably needs it's own thread.)

DeletedUser

I was thinking more of something like the ^0.4 of other fort skills, but that would work. If Helen doesn't want to change her original idea to diminishing returns, we should probably start a new thread. It's kind of confusing now, because all of the negative comments seem to be against the original hard cap proposal.

DeletedUser22575

I was thinking more of something like the ^0.4 of other fort skills, but that would work. If Helen doesn't want to change her original idea to diminishing returns, we should probably start a new thread. It's kind of confusing now, because all of the negative comments seem to be against the original hard cap proposal.

Well, I hate to admit it, but I would under the circumstances of players not scaling down their tanks on their own in favor of the diminishing returns similar to other skills.

I would really have a hard time with the idea of a "hard cap."

DeletedUser9470

This looks awsome and I don't think anyone would object. Well... Anyone but 12K+ HP monsters...

I'll say yes on this! ;)

i bet you would, as it gets rid of the only worthwhile soldier bonus. how can you instigate this on the other without hitting soldiers too?
this means you can be a tank, but only if youre a soldier.
i reckon best is to make other skills a tad more important.
as for lower levels, there isnt an issu there
levelling up must still be kept as an incentive, if youre just as good at level 20 as you are at level 80 whats the point?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i bet you would, as it gets rid of the only worthwhile soldier bonus. how can you instigate this on the other without hitting soldiers too?
this means you can be a tank, but only if youre a soldier.
i reckon best is to make other skills a tad more important.
as for lower levels, there isnt an issu there
levelling up must still be kept as an incentive, if youre just as good at level 20 as you are at level 80 whats the point?

How do you figure it gets rid of the soldier bonus? If anything it makes the soldier bonus better

Someone with 150 health points would still have 2590, 3340, 4090 HP (non-soldier, soldier, premium soldier)
200 health points would go from (3090, 4090, 5090) to (2990, 3940, 4890)
250 health points would go from (3590, 4840, 6090) to (3290, 4390, 5490)
300 health points would go from (4090, 5590, 7090) to (3490, 4690, 5890)
350 health points would go from (4590, 6340, 8090) to (3590, 4840, 6090)
500 health points would go from (6090, 8590, 11090) to (3890, 5290, 6690)

Before a non premium solider with 200 hp had the equivalent of 300 hp for a non soldier. Afterwards the same soldier has more hp than a non-soldier with 500 hp.

DeletedUser

Actually soldier bonus stays. Reread the whole idea please.
And I wouldn't steal that bonus from soldiers. You're for some reason forgetting that there is only one bonus I want to be removed from them. The holy trumpet. Nothing more and nothing less.

DeletedUser9470

fair enough, i must have misread. that said i think the fort bonuses are bang on, tampering with hp is tampering with soldiers hp bonus.

I think this is way too complicated, surely just making the other skills more valuable is a much simpler solution?

i really am not keen in modifying the char bonuses. changing one would advantage/disadvantage certain characters and here we go again in the moans and groans section!
booohooo soldier HP bonus is way too overpowering....
i dont see how capping HP is gonna solve anything, most likely it will create more problems.

@jox, u know my pov on trumpet, ive had it for aver 4 months now, never ever used it.

DeletedUser

I know you didn't. But you're #1 zewromot on .net worlds so... No surprise there. ;)

Regarding the HP we're talking about, it's not just about soldiers... Honestly it's not. Been into any fort fight past few days trying to unblock a sector with 6-7K HP adventurer? Maybe you have. Now imagine 5 such adventurers... Switching.
With GG stack, no problems. Without GG stack bonus now? Pray that a dueler crits them.

DeletedUser

Been into any fort fight past few days trying to unblock a sector with 6-7K HP adventurer?

I kinda like those 6k adventurer LMSes. They often give me an extra five shots over everyone else. ;)

DeletedUser

It's abnormal. And should be capped. This way adventurer holds alone a sector for 6-7 rounds and 12K+ hp soldier dies after 3 and in some cases two rounds.
I won't even mention the silly flag problem.

Deleted User - 1278415

I dont ever see this being a possibility as there is no way to refund those who have chosen the path to respec to pure health.

Do you plan to grand father those who have 9000hp? and then limit the new players to that limit... and what happens if they are wearing clothes that push them over this hypotheical 4000 limit... do the not get that bonus even though their clothes give them additional? you would have to have a limit for skill health and a limit for clothes health as well.