Merging Worlds

Tick ALL of the following you agree to:

• I wouldn't mind fort data being lost.

Votes: 77 55.8%
  • I would be concerned if fort data was lost.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • I want town & alliance data to be kept where possible.

Votes: 58 42.0%
  • I prefer town & alliance data to be reset.

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • I currently play more than seven worlds.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I currently play seven or less worlds.

Votes: 99 71.7%
  • I am happy for my character(s) to be deleted and XP and inventories transferred.

Votes: 53 38.4%
  • I am happy for my character(s) to be deleted to receive a bonus for other worlds.

Votes: 35 25.4%
  • I am not happy for my character to be deleted at all.

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • I agree the merging of worlds should be a development priority.

Votes: 74 53.6%
  • I agree with or do not mind the notion of merging worlds.

Votes: 76 55.1%
  • I disagree with the notion of merging worlds.

Votes: 19 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

i think its a good idea,the only problem bieng with people with accounts on both worlds bieng merged,you'd have to contact all those people individually?

Offer to let them keep one of the accounts and then offer them nuggets for the other account that gets deleted. Give x number of nuggets based on the "value" of the account, ie Level, Quests completed, Items Found, etc. There should also be a cutoff on Level and creation date of the second account to keep people from trying to game free nuggets. In the long run that costs nothing and it encourages that person to be more active on the merged world.

DeletedUser22493

Offer to let them keep one of the accounts and then offer them nuggets for the other account that gets deleted. Give x number of nuggets based on the "value" of the account, ie Level, Quests completed, Items Found, etc. There should also be a cutoff on Level and creation date of the second account to keep people from trying to game free nuggets. In the long run that costs nothing and it encourages that person to be more active on the merged world.

I doubt that would happen.
Id rather guess what Twista said, that the ones with accounts on 2 of the worlds being merged, will be offered to move to another server.

Ofcourse this again would not be possible if they have accounts on ALL worlds.

DeletedUser12669

Indeed it wouldn't, but unfortunately the "screw up" occurred in 2008/09. You could say there's nothing we can do about it... but then this thread wouldn't exist either ;)

any news on when and if the merging is going ahead?

DeletedUser22493

Looking at all the complications & challenges the dev's would get with merging worlds, im beginning to think a widespread marketing campaign of the game might be a better solution. To fill the empty servers.

DeletedUser12669

too late for that they did make old worlds recommended for new players its just filled the worlds with inactive low level players some are doing real well but world 9 for example is slowing down again and i guess the others could be as well

DeletedUser

Looking at all the complications & challenges the dev's would get with merging worlds, im beginning to think a widespread marketing campaign of the game might be a better solution. To fill the empty servers.

I am sure this is already a part of their business plan, since this is probably where a lot of new business comes from. I assume you mean an increase in advertising funding. I do not operate under their executive staff but I would think this would only work if they have a conservative campaign in place now. If they are already functioning with an aggressive advertising campaign then increasing the funding to become even more aggressive might be a waste of money. If that is the case, then maybe a re-evaluation of advertising placements needs to happen.

I don't know but now that I think about it... I do not see much, if any, advertising for The West. Has anyone else?

DeletedUser

I'm sure that W13 and W14 are not going to be merged...good for me!:up:

DeletedUser

If my character, statistics, level, achievements, inventory, medals, craft - stay the same i dont care what world you put me in.

DeletedUser

hi, i play on the dutch servers, but i made a little suggestion how i would do the world merging:

[spoil]
twmerging.png

By manus97 at 2011-06-06
[/spoil]

as you can see, you keep your characters and inventory and skills.
now you can select the world you want to place your character on.
people who play more then 7 worlds can select the accounts they want to keep, but some of that accounts will be erased.
i made this in 5minutes, so it is not very good, but i hope everyone gets the idea.

DeletedUser

Apparently he's suggesting everyone gets to choose which world to which they move, and there's a menu showing the skills on every world. 1. I don't think we'd have that much control over it and 2. I don't think they'll go to the trouble of showing us our skills and everything for other worlds.

DeletedUser

hhhmmm, the idea was that everyone could choose on which world they can put there characters on, if you are level 120 on world 1 and 2, and that worlds will merge, then you are pissed, but it was only a little idea.
and ofc. you only can see your own skills, all city's and forts will be reset, but you keep you money, inventory level and skills.

DeletedUser28464

merging

I hope they are working hard with the merging world project. My world is starting to look like a stand alone game.

Pedro

DeletedUser12669

too busy with 1.32 iv seen em bragging about it on facebook

Deleted User - 1278415

too busy with 1.32 iv seen em bragging about it on facebook

Well the developers are working on the game for 1.32.

And the Community Managers are the ones that have to work on the decisions and issues of how many worlds they need to have open/merge. Thats why Diggo is polling to see what the public wants.