Worlds dying off !!!

DeletedUser16008

yeah why not i think it would be good to have a poll let the devs see it maybe they might think about doing it after the new update when things settle down and all bugs are sorted if they do get round to doing it i just hope they dont turn it into a full premium world

Seeing as all older worlds are not full prem it wouldnt make sense. Those already still there seem to get along fine as is and any new joined would have picked another world had they wanted all the prem features

Yes id love to see a poll in the basic form first yes or no to merging worlds the details could be worked on later but certainly get the ball rolling.

Diggo11

Well I think so, after all this is a community and you say the developers have been thinking about it well we want it soon.
If they see how many want this change then maybe they will do something about it now rather than later :)
This is important to the players and to the future of this community.

Unless you can give us a date when something will actually happen then yes I think a poll is required so they hear us all the way over there :D
I may prepare a blog post on the idea if I am so inclined, but at this stage the facts stand at:
The Product Manager + Developers want it.
The Community Management wants it.
The Forum Community wants it.

Presently it's not a matter of lets have a poll to decide if, but finding time in the development schedule for when.

Well you're going to have to pester OAN, Cro or a CM for your poll. Did I say pester? I meant ask nicely :rolleyes:
*Grumbles*

DeletedUser9470

all i care is that i dont lose a single item or penny from my invent, or stats.
if this is true im happy to go to merge world as long as merge word isnt a full premium world.
also maybe have a cool name for that world, and get rid of numbered worlds...

DeletedUser

I don't like your attitude Diggo -1 REP not just here but your PM aswell.
Your a community manager act like one :). So it's a no to a poll because the developers have already decided about merging, hmmm nice of them to consider our thoughts on this when exactly were we going to get told about it ?

DeletedUser14006

Stop being a silly billy, we will get told if/when something actually gets decided upon.

Get on with your game and have fun :p

Diggo11

So it's a no to a poll because the developers have already decided about merging, hmmm nice of them to consider our thoughts on this when exactly were we going to get told about it ?
Actually, they haven't really decided upon anything, except that based upon the foreseeable future they're going to attempt it at some unplanned and unspecified point in the future, especially considering the unanimous support given here already ;) That is why the Roadmap exists, to inform you of initial intentions like this one... why it was not included I do not know. Perhaps it was an afterthought or simply forgotten; maybe the developers have their reasons for them to know and us to find out.

It was brought up in (I think the TW-Times?) a few months ago, so it's not quite the best kept secret. (If you search the forum I'm sure a translation, link or both will show up.) Hence one of my motivations for starting the blog, to ensure the community is better and earlier informed on our intentions.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I don't like your attitude Diggo -1 REP not just here but your PM aswell.
Your a community manager act like one :). So it's a no to a poll because the developers have already decided about merging, hmmm nice of them to consider our thoughts on this when exactly were we going to get told about it ?

you're upset because he's agreeing with you? He said that all interested parties wanted a merger, yourself and the forum community included. Therefore, a poll would be irrelevant. Wasn't this thread started by you in the first place?

DeletedUser16008

all i care is that i dont lose a single item or penny from my invent, or stats.
if this is true im happy to go to merge world as long as merge word isnt a full premium world.
also maybe have a cool name for that world, and get rid of numbered worlds...

I won't even mind if i lost the items from some or even the bank accounts, gotta be realistic or some actives will have an insane invent/bank

Please no full prem it would be pointless but good to know its a matter of when not if on a merger.

Talking of cool names how about "The Badlands" ? ;)

DeletedUser9470

I won't even mind if i lost the items from some or even the bank accounts, gotta be realistic or some actives will have an insane invent/bank
Talking of cool names how about "The Badlands" ? ;)

i already have an insane invent/bank, is why i dont want to lose anything from it.
i dont want to mess around at level 80 trying to get it all again... might as well restart from scratch.

love the badlands :D

DeletedUser12669

yeah badlands sounds just right. im so for it id even start over i dont care about getting the goldens again i dont care about my inventory or cash that iv saved id give up all of the above to be on a jam packed active world with enhanced premium

DeletedUser

Well this merging worlds caught my attention, just read through all this and i agree, merging worlds is a option, but the accounts and what happens is a different story

Why don't they link 2-10 together with the enhanced premium and have a huge...huge map, then we have the account problem, create some "transition" zones

So the idea would be you have the usual maps and all these would be together and it would allow transferring to another world/map , but you wouldn't be able to have more than 1 character within the same map/world

also when transferring you would keep your status of each world / map

so a example would be you were member of a town called "the town" in world/map 2 , when your transfer to map 3 your player statuses would change to what they are in world 3, so you would be part of a town called "best of the west"

The issue would still stand with people with accounts in all worlds , they wouldn't be able to do a transition, this could be solved so that when they try to go to a world/map another account in they would be promted to switch, so the 2 accounts switch places

Just a thought here guys :) there are some flaws in it but oh well :D

DeletedUser9470

nice idea, but like you say too many flaws...
i reckon that they do a merge for w2 to w10 so as to keep premium the same, and when you log in you have a frame come up asking you to choose which character you would like to continue. as simple as that.
:)

DeletedUser

I have been watching old worlds closely seeing the number of members decline, this concerns W2, W3, W4, W5, W7, W8 each of them have less than 3000 players.
Im concerned for W6 too yes it has picked up thanks to the games master though so did world 4 , but now W4 is once again falling.

So the question is do we want something done about this or will we be happy to play on quiet worlds ?

Solutions : We could transport players with their inventories to other worlds and axe these old worlds dying off.

Air your opinions people, if we are going to act then let's get the ball rolling :)

Looks like my prediction came true. The West is dying, much as it did in real life. There's probably enough massive ghost towns around now that if new players cared, it might just get interesting again... But... I quit the West because it didn't satisfy me. The community was the only thing appealing, and when a town began to smoulder into a steaming pile, it was time to move on, or quit. I played it for hot chix like Alawa and L8dyGaGa :p

DeletedUser

I'm thinking w1 should be a special case in any mergers. Let anyone who wants to escape Jurassic Park to escape to w2-w9 (perhaps randomly) and anyone who wants to move to the world with limited premium can move there.

DeletedUser22493

So, news regarding this case from the dev's.

Posted on the "TheWest Blog" yesterday. This is a copy.

Merging Worlds

At the request of Dirty Rotten Billy, an article on the possibility of merging less populated game worlds.
Unfortunately though, there isn’t much to write about. The idea now seems to have unanimous support from the development team, management team and the forum community, so provided sufficient time and priority can be found in the development cycle then we can only hope to see it in the near future; otherwise we may have to sit back and wait patiently.
Since the idea is totally undeveloped at this stage, there is also little more I can tell you regarding the implementation detail. Will the town map be reset? Possibly. Will forts be reset? Probably. Will players lose character data? Maybe. Will they receive compensation? Who knows if they need it in the first place! If you have any thoughts be sure to give us a shout in the comments.
However, what I can tell you is what I would like to have occur specific to our worlds. Prior to the update introducing the possibility of world merging, worlds three, five, seven and eight would be closed to new registration. When the next update were to occur, the worlds would likely be merged as follows:

• World 2 <– World 3
  • World 4 <– World 5
  • World 6 <– World 7
  • World 9 <– World 8
Inclusive of World Colorado, we would then have eleven open worlds. Whilst there is probably more demand for merging, I feel this would be a start that ensures both technical viability and minimising character data loss. Depending on how things pan out from there further action can be considered with the benefit of experience and hindsight. Perhaps it will turn out any merger is the kick-start these worlds needed and eleven is a sustainable world count for us, who knows…
Anyway, that’s all I’ve got at the moment. Happy Easter!
icon_smile.gif

DeletedUser21299

hello

i have played this game from nov 2008

when I started playing this game on. net, we were around 280 000 players in November 2008 now in the day around 147 000 I never see ads for your games on the internet. what are you doing to increase the number of players to your game?

niklas81

DeletedUser14006

i have played this game from nov 2008

when I started playing this game on. net, we were around 280 000 players in November 2008 now in the day around 147 000 I never see ads for your games on the internet. what are you doing to increase the number of players to your game?

niklas81

I started playing here in March 2009 after clicking on an advertising link on facebook, not sure if they still advertise there anymore.