Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Okay, well - how about a countdown timer that says when you can duel again. If I remember correctly the timer works for town joining - but now every time you get KO'd, assuming you deleted the duel that got you whacked which is common, we see that - "duel not possible for 48 hours" - given that a lot of adventurers and even workers have a very small window of opportunity for dueling before we get whacked again, don't want to miss out on that.

Countdown timer would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Work icons and sleeping

I love the work icons on the left side of the screen. I love that I can click on them and repeat more of the same job at the same location. I just wish I could do that for sleeping. I like to leave town FULLY rested with a couple of work assignments already lined up. This means I need to sleep more than once (actually, 1.5 times). If I'm traveling about and pick a random place to sleep when an assignment spot becomes available, I don't always recall where I chose to sleep. I either have to wait until I arrive at that location or spend time trying to figure out which town I selected. Having this feature work for sleeping as it does for other assignments would be handy.
-Just a thought

DeletedUser

Idea title: Ranking for Builders
Details of idea: Add ranking for Construction points earned, not how many skill points u have on your construction.
Points counted by Town building and Fort building.
Just as duellers have ranking for Exp earned via duelling, builders could have a ranking for how much construction points worth of building they have done.

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: Right now builders are doing all the work, building towns and forts but when the job is done, builders are forgotten.
I personally dont care how many skill points do you have on you Construction, what i would like to show off with is how much construction i have done.

DeletedUser24373

Want Ads

Idea title: Place a "Wanted" order in the market

Details of idea: This idea is to allow any player to place a "wanted" order in the marketplace.

Example: Player (A) is looking to purchase Athos' Foil, they go to the market and place a "want ad" for this item and a price they would be willing to pay (Retail price minimum). Player (B) comes along and decides to "fill" the "want ad" by selling an Athos' Foil for the price offered. Once a wanted ad is placed, the player submits the amount of cash offered until the order is filled or cancelled.

Visual Aid: None

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes

Has the idea been posted before?: Not Sure (33 pages, really?)

Reasons for submitting: This would speed up the current process for an individual finding a particular item. Specifically those hard to get items (named items, sleep wear).

DeletedUser

Idea title: Add a search/query for where a specific item is sold.

Details of idea: Have the ability to search for a specific item that is for sale, sometimes you need to buy something and it isn't in the market, and the store in your town does not sale it. Add the ability to see if another town may sell the particular item, then you could go to that town and buy it.

Visual Aid: Not needed

Has the idea been posted before?: I looked and have not seen it posted.

Reasons for submitting: I believe it would enhance game play for all.

DeletedUser

Idea: Put five(5) quick slots to choose your fav gear in inventory.

There are quick buttons to switch one of your gears. You could edit this and put items you own.

Would be easier to select your dueling gear, fort fighting gear, constructing gear or some item sets and job gears.

DeletedUser

Ok i went through a good 20 or so of the pages and didnt find what i was looking for so here goes.

I think a player should be warned when they have a bounty placed on their head. I, as well as most players (especially fort fighters) like to duel into KO for 48 hour breaks and pure traders and FMS players also like to do this so they can work peacefully while maintaining their town. recently i had a bounty placed on my head just before i went to do my usual KO trip and a player was supposedly coming to collected and complained. i had no idea i had a bounty until he cried in the county chat. I believe it would only be fair, especially for those that have never and will never care to check the bounty system, that we get a warning that we have a bounty on our heads.

EDIT: This is not meant to say who exactly did it or anything of the such, merely a warning report saying you have a bounty on your head.

Harsha..

Already submitted

Idea title:
bb-code links
Details of idea: As we all have seen, when typing out a reply to a telegraph or editing the ingame profile, there is a bar with bb-code buttons, which help make the basic codes - like [town] [/town] and [player] [/player] appear in a single click. This has been a great conivence. But strangely when typing out a new mail (not a reply to another mail), this bb-code bar isn't there, it is also absent in the town forums. It would help if the devs put it in these two places as well (town forum and when typing out a new message)

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No

Reasons for submitting: Implementation of this idea will save the players a lot of trouble of having to type the bb-codes themselves when making a new mail or sending a forum message. This ought be verye asy to implement as well!

Red Falcon

Number of Days of Registration

West birthdate already previously submitted

Idea title:
Number of Days of Registration
Details of idea: In this idea, you will be able to see how many total days you have been playing The West. This is also featured on at least one other game I know of. For example: In my profile, it might say this: Red Falcon has been playing The West for 900 days.
Visual Aid: Optional, only add if necessary to convey the idea.
Reasons for submitting: I think this would be a neat little thing to implement because it would be seen in your profile and it would show people how long you have been playing. And of course, people who have been playing for a long time will know more about the game than people who have not been playing for a year or more.

DeletedUser

Idea:

Add to town hall a section called 'Notice board'. And there town's members would be able to publish your dueling reports and work reports. You would be able to choose the privaledge of report. Also others town's member are able to look your 'Notice board'.

Reason:

Would be a logical place to publish reports which you want others to see. Alternative to show them on your profile.

DeletedUser

Life points (HP) secured

Idea title: To prevent losing of life points (HP) while changing gear.
Details of idea: When you change gear, you may have the surprise to lose your LifePoints. I.e., lets say you have 1000 HP max equiped and the red band in full. And you prepare for a fotbattle or a job, or something else. And you change one piece of equipment (giving you 10 HP) with another one giving you no HP. Suddenly, you lose 100 HP from the red band. That is not fair, since all you do is changing gear, not fighting and consuming life points - changing gear should not consume LifePoints.
So this is a simple workaround:
When a user tries to change gear, and that change could lead him to lose red HP points, there should be a warning - so he should accept or reject that losing of red band points.
If he accepts it, that is it.
If he rejects it, nothing happens (no gear change) and he may take up another strategy of changing gear without losing life points.
Has the idea been posted before?: Frankly, I do not know.
Reasons for submitting:
Any player is encouraged to raise his HP limit and to fill the red band whenever he needs that for a fortbattle, duel or job. But he may easily lose HP points just by changing gear, which has no real logic...
Losing HP red band while changing gear is frustrating and illogical.

DeletedUser

Idea title: AWOL Generals
Details of idea: Allow generals to demote other generals.
Has the idea been posted before?: Not that I can find
Reasons for submitting: Ranks are precious, depending on the size of the fort and the level of activity in a world. On any remotely active world, an offline level 30 general is a complete waste of space. This wouldn't completely solve the problem, because half the time it's an issue, there are no online generals, but it would help.

DeletedUser20579

Idea title: Colored Text
Details of idea: Allow players to make all incoming messages black.
Has the idea been posted before?: Not that I can find
Reasons for submitting: Many people are playing with the new color system for text. I'd like a button to be able to make them all black. I know I can ignore or just close chat, it is what I have been doing.

DeletedUser31389

Currently all reports are by default private and need to be changed before posting it anywhere. This can be an tedious job if you have many reports(especially duels). Players should have the capablity to chose a default visiblity for the reports to make things simpler. It does not need a lot of coding, cant be abused and still make the game a lot less annoying.
There can be a filter set up against NPC Duels and market as well.

The problem with public being the default is that saving the report would be the default. It would add up if a lot of people did it. I'd rather the process were simplified. There's really no reason for anything other than public and private. It's not like people will randomly go through 18-characters to find your reports, or if it would really make a difference if they did see them.

You know you can just click the
lock.png
to change the authorization without actually opening the report, right? Another option to simplify changing authorization would be making clicking the lock toggle between private and public.

DeletedUser22685

Good idea.... however not minor as you think. This needs some discussion as in what happens when no general shows up do the captains get the ability or is strictly for generals only???

Idea title:
Viewable target positions
Details of idea: Generals can see where players have set their target position before the beginning of fort battles
Visual Aid: meh
Reasons for submitting: Currently, it is quite common for offline players not to set their target as requested. If generals could see where players have targeted, it would ensure that players who have set their target correctly would be let in to the battle and players who haven't are left out.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Organizing the Quest Book
Details of idea: Allow quest book to be sorted either alphabetically, by level, or by date completed
Visual Aid: None
Reasons for submitting: Currently, it is quite difficult to identify what quests you completed or in what order, as the order of the quests is seemingly random. If you wanted to help a townmate or re-read an epilogue, it's not easy to do with once you complete many quests.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Simple Changing of que order
Details of idea: Make it so that a player can change the order of the jobs in his/her que list by simply dragging the icon up or down. Or instead having up/down buttons next to the job while it is in the que.
Reasons for submitting: It can be a hassle to rearrange jobs in the current system. You have to delete jobs, add the job you want, then go through and add the jobs you deleted back into the que. It would simplify and improve gameplay.

DeletedUser20579

Idea title: Fort Maneuver Health
Details of idea: All players who enter a fort maneuver can have their health filled for that maneuver.
Visual Aid: Optional, only add if necessary to convey the idea.
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reasons for submitting: Maneuvers are often ran after a battle for testing purposes and people are out of health, so it becomes harder to test. Hopefully this is minor as I am not sure of coding requirements to fill the health temporarily for a maneuver.

Status
Not open for further replies.