Submitted systematically deleting townforum thread

Should the idea for Easier Archiving of town forum be sent to the Devs?

• Yes

Votes: 63 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hi cowboys and -girls,

When I was clearing my town forum, I realised it that it can happen quicker.

Proposal
I propose you can delete townforum threads a lot easier.

Details
Just the same as telegrams, you will have "cubes" beside the threads (look visuel aids). The advantage is that you can delete a lot quicker and easier townforum threads when you will clear your townforum. Only a town counciller and town's founder will have this function.

Abuse Prevention
A fool can delete all the threads at once, but someone who will do that doesn't deserve a position as town councillor or town's founder.

Visual Aids
1296817877-910.png

'General', 'Fort battle', 'Alliance', ... are categories at the townforum ;)

Summary
Just a player doesn't have so much advantage from this idea, but a town council or town's founder will have a lot of advantage.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

its "okay"

but i'm not voting until more people post so i can see how this flows

DeletedUser

In the Romanian server, I have encountered a nice solution based on the existing town forum:
If a forum administrator wishes to get rid of some unwanted public threads, he may just move them in a hidden forum (named Archive), accessible only to the town leaders.
Of course he may delete threads, one by one, but this solutions allows him to keep them for the leaders, but not for the whole town.
Then, old and obsolete threads may be deleted all at once by deleting the whole Archive.
This may not help the proposed idea, but it gives a working solution that needs no new implementation and may be used right now.

DeletedUser

to the point:- i am a market forum manager in w-7. this be lot of help.
4star +rep

Deleted User - 1278415

I'd like to build on this concept. How about time expiring threads.

Say 24 hours. That way you can post battle threads that announce battles in a forum thread. After 24 hours that thread is moved to the archive bin/deleted bin.

Keeps threads in town forum cleaner.

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
Yep I like the idea. It'd make keeping the forums clean a lot easier.
I also like GF's idea of timed thread limits. Of course we should be able to choose how long we want the thread up for though.

DeletedUser

Say 24 hours. That way you can post battle threads that announce battles in a forum thread. After 24 hours that thread is moved to the archive bin/deleted bin.

I like it, but there aren't much threads who you will delete after 24 hours except fort battle announces.

DeletedUser

Market threads could work on a time period too, be it a list of junk someone's listed for however many days. Or just a time period to advertise your junk to town/allies on forum before it automaticly delete's it's self. :)

Though doesn't this make leaders redundant ? haha what ever makes life easier I guess, great idea Cowboy Lincoln you done it again.

DeletedUser

I agree with that, it could be very useful.

DeletedUser25632

Maybe a vote for this?

If you feel it is ready for a vote and you have no further information to put in, I will speak with Good Feather and let him set it up.

I'll add the poll and move it to Development Discussions when I get home from work. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Voted: Yes
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
1 100.00%

I'd settle for a delete button that didn't require you to actually open the thread.

Deleted User - 1278415

2 weeks to vote on this.

80% passage and at least 100 votes are necessary to send it to the Developers for their idea bucket to consider for the game.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.