Worlds update to Expanded Premium

DeletedUser

Like have said a couple times now I am very pleased with this update and people should really get over it.

Ok, #1 get a life other then sitting in front of your computer all day. Some of us have played on these worlds for ever 2 years, we dont want to see such drastic changes. It isn't something to just 'get over'. Its a game change that changes the whole way LOTS of people play.

Dont you wonder why you see lots more complaint threads being created then thanks threads? Because THE MAJORITY of people DO NOT want this on their old worlds.

DeletedUser6914

I managed it along with many others on Arizona and the other new worlds. It's not that hard.
Out of context dude.

This was an old comment for when we had 2hr jobs and 20 motivation rise pr day.
Of course it could be done, but it became harder.

DeletedUser

Ok, #1 get a life other then sitting in front of your computer all day. Some of us have played on these worlds for ever 2 years, we dont want to see such drastic changes. It isn't something to just 'get over'. Its a game change that changes the whole way LOTS of people play.

Dont you wonder why you see lots more complaint threads being created then thanks threads? Because THE MAJORITY of people DO NOT want this on their old worlds.

I have played for over 2 years now and I ain't complaining about it at all.

DeletedUser

As a new member that just started playing 5 days ago, I was appointed to the world Briscoe. I read more on the forum and found out that world 1 is the only one that has 2 hours queue which suits my, casual, style of play. So I've made another character(first was 14 lvl which I will keep for the sake of adventuring and cool gameplay) on it which will, as it seems, be my "main" character.

Game is awesome and with many options to find your nieche, just poped in to know how newbie feels. 2 hours jobs get me more natural cycle to play hence my decision to stick with world 1.

DeletedUser22685

Out of context dude.

This was an old comment for when we had 2hr jobs and 20 motivation rise pr day.
Of course it could be done, but it became harder.
My mistake. I didn't take notice of the date of your post, I just saw it was previously unread and responded to it.

DeletedUser6752

Well, this explains why I got home from work tonight and my 5 "2-hour jobs" plus 6 hours of sleep were already done. I guess I can switch over to sleeping most of the day - that should really enhance my enjoyment of the game. Or, I can just sit around and get dueled after sleep runs out when those 13 or 14-hour work days drop in on me... with the added bonus of having the same amount of earned money on me as when I was still asleep when I got home from work.

BONUS!!!!!

I know - I can "get over it". Because it's just as easily said as done.

It would have been considerate if this final change hadn't affected premium, but it has. So my only option is to let premium run out in worlds 4 9 and 10, and just play w1 from now on. It's funny how I never have to figure out how to quit online games - the games always find a way to make it easy to quit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2205

1 Hr jobs

I have 2 chr on other worlds than World 1 and the 1 Hr Jobs SUCK

DeletedUser

Hmm... really I don't understand all those folks out there complaining about this change. I used to play in 2009 on several worlds and when I started recently in W12 I did not even notice that anything was different. I mean seriously, what does it matter? The only bad thing about this 'new premium' is possibility to buy sp and ap - but as far as I understand they didn't add it to old worlds, so that is out of the question.
As for change from 2h to 1h... I just don't get it, what may be wrong with that? And I'm not a person who is very often online - I have my work and family, but even so I can spare 5 minutes 3 or 4 times a day... which is more than enough. And if you can't spare even that much time why do you even bother to play at all?

DeletedUser6752

It's a fantastic change for people who can sit in front of the computer all day - whether you're a kid, an unemployed adult, or have a desk job where you can sneak in frequently to play.
If you can't sit in front of the computer, it's pretty much a death sentence. Even if you buy premium - which this update is all about pushing - your regular activity is cut in half. And without premium, the most work you can set up for is 3 hours - 2 hours if you don't want to be left standing around for hours until opportunistic duelers KO you, take your money, and leave you to sleep in the hotel, which is even more fun to look forward to when you get home - you can wait to regenerate health and energy. Which, no doubt, is designed to coincide precisely with your daily schedule. :hmf:

So yeah - if you can sit in front of the computer most of the day, this update is pretty awesome. If you can't, but have a pretty regular, unextended work schedule, it isn't too bad - if you buy premium, so you can schedule several 1-hour jobs until you get home.
But the key is premium. Without premium, I can't see anyone sticking around for very long. And you can bet that the exemption for w1EN won't last forever. they pushed this on all the other worlds, they may as well push it on w1 as well. Why not? Nobody's complaining now, after all.

Diggo11

Sitting in front of the computer all day Disappoint? Get real.

What perspective are you even coming from here, that of a casual or competitive player?

From the perspective of a casual player, you "lose" two hours from halved work periods but you gain one hour from an extra queue slot. Wow, doom! However when you think it through your energy is also consumed twice as fast, so you would actually require less logins overall to maintain your previous productivity.

From the perspective of a competitive player, who does not have all day to play browser games, the extra queue slot is far more valuable than any one hour. The ability to start and cancel sleep durations after 2x one hour blocks of work can really boost productivity, and still allows for four hour intervals.

Allow me to demonstrate:
[spoil]Previous:
Login 1: 100 Energy
-- 1 Job: 76 Energy
-- 2 Job: 52 Energy
-- *four hours*
Login 2: 61 Energy
-- 3 Job: 37 Energy
-- 4 Job: 13 Energy
-- *four hours*
Login 3: 25 Energy
-- 5 Job: 1 Energy
-- Sleep (etc)

Casual:
-- 1 Job: 76 Energy
-- 2 Job: 52 Energy
-- 3 Job: 28 Energy
-- *three hours*
Login 2: 37 Energy
-- 4 Job: 13 Energy
-- 5 Job: 1 Energy (1/2)
-- Sleep

Competitive:
-- Job 1: 76 Energy
-- Job 2: 54 Energy
-- Sleep (2hr)
-- *four hours*
Login 2: 85 Energy
-- Job 3: 61 Energy
-- Job 4: 37 Energy
-- Sleep (2hr)
-- *four hours*
Login 3: 68 Energy
-- Job 5: 44 Energy
-- Job 6: 20 Energy
-- Sleep (2hr)
-- *four hours*
Login 4: 51 Energy
-- Job 7: 27 Energy
-- Job 8: 3 Energy
-- Sleep (etc)[/spoil]
The new work system is not disadvantageous at all, but rather with the additional queue space it is more flexible! The possibilities are just as great as you make them, using it for less logins, more productivity or a combination of both.

Right, so onto premium. Automation can be great when you're going to be unable to touch your PC every 4 hours, however it is a critical point that automation does NOT allow for the staggered sleep times shown above. Whilst it is extremely useful nonetheless, human interaction is still key. More Energy is of course also beneficial, but for lovers of the old system let's face it, it's still the same as before - you get 1.5x more energy and recover it 1.5x faster. It may be more effective now, however players without it are more effective too. You're just upping the stakes, not changing them.

No-one is being forced to buy premium in this update, no-one is having their life consumed. Simple as that.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

From the perspective of a competitive player, who does not have all day to play browser games, the extra queue slot is far more valuable than any one hour. The ability to start and cancel sleep durations after 2x one hour blocks of work can really boost productivity, and still allows for four hour intervals.

Pity there's no "2-hr" option for sleep, so that you can "really boost productivity" without having to jump on after exactly 2 hrs to cancel sleep to make this "competitive" system work... :rolleyes:

I liked having eight hour intervals (with automation), because by the time it was done there was enough energy recharge to do another two hours. Can't do that under the new four-hour work system, because the energy recharge wasn't boosted to match and won't get back to 24 quick enough...

DeletedUser22685

The new work system is not disadvantageous at all, but rather with the additional queue space it is more flexible! The possibilities are just as great as you make them, using it for less logins, more productivity or a combination of both.
I thought there were three queue spaces even with two hour jobs?

If you can't sit in front of the computer, it's pretty much a death sentence. Even if you buy premium - which this update is all about pushing - your regular activity is cut in half. And without premium, the most work you can set up for is 3 hours - 2 hours if you don't want to be left standing around for hours until opportunistic duelers KO you, take your money, and leave you to sleep in the hotel, which is even more fun to look forward to when you get home - you can wait to regenerate health and energy. Which, no doubt, is designed to coincide precisely with your daily schedule. :hmf:
I fail to see the difference between doing three jobs for an hour each and sitting idle for three hours for 300 exp and $1500 with the chance of being dueled, and doing three jobs at two hours each for 300 exp and $1500 with the chance of being dueled.

Really, it doesn't affect you at all if you don't use premium and it gives premium players an advantage. Which they deserve! They are, after all, the ones providing the funds for the game to keep running!

DeletedUser

pretty sure not many are happy with it ,but its was always coming,inno wanted it and its a company,thats there plan to make money ,fair enough,cant blame em,no one here has ever had any input into inno's business descions despite what they might like to think,and in fairness ,i think (as many do) the last updates have been great ,market ,sherieff,pants & belt,there developing the game ,and you cant do that without making money,i didnt want 1hr jobs to come to old worlds ,truth be told i didnt want them on 11 & 12,that was the whole point of not joining briscoe/arizona,doesnt overly suit my time frames,,but ive learnt to live with it there and i will on the older ones i play on, once you get used to it ,you leanr how to make it work for you ,and you do level up much quicker :)

Diggo11

Pity there's no "2-hr" option for sleep, so that you can "really boost productivity" without having to jump on after exactly 2 hrs to cancel sleep to make this "competitive" system work... :rolleyes:
The idea of two hours is based off the old 4 hour work blocks, ie the same time interval used before the change. If you don't like 2 hour sleeps then heck just make it 3, it makes absolutely no difference as you merely gain slightly more energy to consume later. Far more flexible than the old system, where you would waste time sitting idle after four hours ;)

I liked having eight hour intervals (with automation), because by the time it was done there was enough energy recharge to do another two hours. Can't do that under the new four-hour work system, because the energy recharge wasn't boosted to match and won't get back to 24 quick enough...
I think you have really missed the point here. Ah well, time for more calculations:

Automation
-- Job 1: 76 Energy
-- Job 2: 52 Energy
-- Job 3: 28 Energy
-- Job 4: 4 Energy
-- Sleep (7hr)
-- *eleven hours*
Login 2: 100 Energy
-- Job 5: 76 Energy
-- Job 6: 52 Energy
-- Job 7: 28 Energy
-- Job 8: 4 Energy
-- Sleep

Once again, same as a competitive player. The difference? Less logins. Automation is as it should be - a convenience advantage. It makes things easier without unfairly unbalancing the game for non premium players.

DeletedUser

i think there is some misunderstanding

2 weeks ago, I could schedule 6 hours (3 x 2h) of work, and now I can schedule 3 hours (3 x 1h) of work. Where is this "exta slot" or the four hour queue?

DeletedUser6752

Clearly I didn't explain my particular situation very well. And as with anyone, my own situation is the only one I can see and understand.
Currently I play in 4 worlds (including w1) with premium - premium has already started to lapse in one of them and will lapse in all but w1 as time goes by (and don't, for a minute, make the mistake of assuming that w1 is immune to this change - that day will come soon enough).
I work on the road all day, Monday through Friday, and can never predict how long my day will be until that morning, as I get new work assignments every morning between 7 and 8 am. On a busy day the morning is very hectic, scheduling jobs and getting ready, so I try to schedule my TW jobs the night before. I don't usually have full energy the night before, but try to get at least close to it, by the time I log off at around midnight. So to put it all in perspective, my day could be said to begin at midnight with 8 hours of sleep.
With premium I can schedule 8 slots; here is how a typical day would go.

With 2-hour jobs:
1) 8 hours of sleep
2) Prayer
3) 2-hour job
4) 2-hour job
5) 2-hour job
6) 2-hour job
7) 2-hour job
8) 8 hours of sleep

So on a pretty busy day, which happens maybe twice a week on average, my last job would end at around 6:15 pm (I won't try to factor in travel time between jobs) and I might get home around 10:30 or 11:00 pm. That last 8 hours of sleep would only be half over, I would at any rate have full energy again, since the work was scheduled before the 8 hour sleep period that ended in the morning, so I could do at least 1 more 2-hour job at night before repeating the cycle.
On average I get home between 6 and 8 pm, so the last 8-our sleep slot would either just be starting or 2 hours or so over, and I could do 2, maybe 3 jobs before going to bed.

With 1-hour jobs:
1) 8 hours of sleep
2) Prayer
3) 1-hour job
4) 1-hour job
5) 1-hour job
6) 1-hour job
7) 1-hour job
8) 8 hours of sleep

Now my day also begins around midnight with 8 hours of sleep; but the last 1-hour job ends at 1:15 pm, and the last 8-hour sleep slot ends around 9:15. Now, when I get home around 11, I've been awake - wherever I am - for close to 2 hours and have 5 jobs-worth of pay on me, which at this point would typically totals $2,000 or more. Just one dueling loss and I lose 1/3 of it; at that point I can expect another duel from the same person, and most likely a KO, which loses the rest of it, and puts me to sleep for another 8 hours, so when I do log in, I get to watch and wait until i have enough energy to do a job - but most probably, I'd just log off for the night and wait until morning to schedule the next day's work.
on top of that, i would quickly become known as an easy target for exp and $$, so my only option would be to go townless. Which means I would have to change the way I play anyway, so it's not an "option" at all, but an necessity brought on by the change.

Now, since I can only explain how this change affects me and my gameplay,just like anybody else is limited to their own perspective, I can begin the non-premium part of my post by stating that, since I have no desire to pay for a considerable reduction in my enjoyment of the game, it is a fact that premium will be lapsing in all the worlds where I play - except for w1, until they make these changes there as well. So my future in 3 of 4 worlds will be playing without any premium.
I didn't mind paying for premium when I was having a great time - even though money has been tight for the past 2 years, with a part-time job w/ no benefits and 2 kids in college in the fall - but this change made it pretty easy to give it up.

Anyway, here's how a 3-slot day would shake out for me with non-premium:
1) 8 hours of sleep
2) 1-hour job
3) 8 hours of sleep

Possibly this:
1) 8 hours of sleep
2) 1-hour job
3a) in the morning slot 1 will empty after sleep is over
3b) 1-hour job
4) 8 hours of sleep

So now with the 3 slots available in non-premium - when premium used to lapse by accident I would not be able to schedule anything past 3 slots - I can work a maximum of 2 jobs - if I have a chance to log in in the morning to schedule a second one before work, which I can't always do - and then a final 8 hours of sleep.
Now, never mind whether or not I schedule the 2 jobs the night before, and then schedule the last 8 hours of work in the morning when I log in - or if I schedule the sleep in slot 3 the night before, and in the morning I delete sleep, add a second job, and then add the sleep to slot 3. That would just muddy the waters a bit.
The point is that I would only be safely able to work for 2 hours at most on any given weekday. And even then, sleep would end at around 6 pm, before I would ever be able to log in even on a short work day. So in order to make safe what little work pay I could collect, I'd either have to take chances or work 1 job and 2 8-hour sleep slots. Not very productive.
And I have absolutely NO access to the game during the day - for me it is an impossibility. So that is the extremely limited gameplay I am looking at at this point.

I also understand quite clearly 2 realities about all this:

1) there are probably very few players who have my kind of daily RL schedule and who are inconvenienced to the extent that I am by the change to 1-hour jobs

2) I am, after all, only one person, providing the premium pay of only one small fraction of the premium-buying populace. So whether I stay or go, it doesn't really matter in the general scheme of things. I'm only stating my case - I have no expectation whatsoever that Innogames will change back to 2-hour jobs.
But, to paraphrase Dylan Thomas, I will not go gentle into that good night.

** As to my describing some players as "sitting in front of the computer all day" - what I mean is this: I don't envision more than a few players literally sitting in front of their computer, frenetically scheduling job after job or duel after duel in multiple worlds.
But what I mostly mean by that description is people who, for example, have an office job where access to the game is readily available at any time of day. I've known a number of people, at this game and others, who are constantly checking whatever online game they play innumerable times every day. They get work done too, but know when a job is due to end and can bring up the game window easily enough whenever they need to in order to keep track of things and make whatever changes are needed. This is what I meant. Much the same as people who are constantly checking Facebook - either on their computer or on their phone.

----------------------
At any rate, it totally escapes me how it is better to use up all your energy in half the time as before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

i think there is some misunderstanding

2 weeks ago, I could schedule 6 hours (3 x 2h) of work, and now I can schedule 3 hours (3 x 1h) of work. Where is this "exta slot" or the four hour queue?
The third slot was added when one hour worlds were trialled on the first worlds, back a few months ago with Version 1.27. From 1.00 to 1.26 it had always been:

Work Block: 30 mins
Queue Space: 2
Premium Queue: 4

And from 1.27 / 1.30 onwards it is:

Work Block: 15 mins
Queue Space: 3
Premium Queue: 8

(and don't, for a minute, make the mistake of assuming that w1 is immune to this change - that day will come soon enough).
It is my intention, as certified by the Product Manager, that world one shall remain as the classic world.

With 2-hour jobs:
1) 8 hours of sleep
2) Prayer
3) 2-hour job
4) 2-hour job
5) 2-hour job
6) 2-hour job
7) 2-hour job
8) 8 hours of sleep
With 1-hour jobs:
1) 8 hours of sleep
2) Prayer
3) 1-hour job
4) 1-hour job
5) 1-hour job
6) 1-hour job
7) 1-hour job
8) 8 hours of sleep
So how exactly does that affect you? You are getting exactly the same work productivity in, spending the exact same amount of time outside hotel protection and (should you wish) logging in no more or less frequently than before. In fact, as the sleep would only be completed faster on a "non busy" day, you could use those days to get additional work slots in. Bonus ;)

DeletedUser

The third slot was added when one hour worlds were trialled on the first worlds, back a few months ago with Version 1.27. From 1.00 to 1.26 it had always been:

Queue Space: 2
Premium Queue: 4

And from 1.27 / 1.30 onwards it is:

Work Block: 15 mins

Ok, but, for a while w2-w10 (and still w1), we had the following:

That was the ideal set up

I agree that 3 x 1hr is more manageable than 2 x 2hr slots, but 3 x 2hr was best of all.