Worlds update to Expanded Premium

DeletedUser

Unless thats a recent change i beg to differ on the motivation bit. I had to give up 0 motive dueling on Arizona due to the speed of the motivation rise... double the speed of the older worlds & certainly not 10%/24hrs... i wish... if its linked with the 1 hr work schedule then consider 0 motivation a lot more effort on a constant basis.

No bad thing probably I guess.

Really? Alright, I'll take your word. I wasn't paying close attention to motivation on Beta (I don't really do jobs much on w11 or w12), it just seemed like it was taking a while.

DeletedUser22685

Yeah, I can confirm that motivation rises faster on worlds with one hour jobs.

Bad Billy Jack

Yeah, I can confirm that motivation rises faster on worlds with one hour jobs.

And don't change it either. We in the faster worlds do not like zero motivators picking on our New Players who refuse to learn the simple gameplay of banking their cash yet nor changing to defensive gear immediately after queuing a job.

Zero motivation is a game exploit to pick on the weak & inexperienced.

Last edited:

DeletedUser16008

And don't change it either. We in the faster worlds do not like zero motivators picking on our New Players who refuse to learn the simple gameplay of banking their cash yet nor changing to defensive gear immediately after queuing a job.

No its far more than that i assure you. Depends on the dueler but I do it to be able to have the widest range available to duel in order to protect my towns non duelers from as many as possible.

DeletedUser22575

It makes no difference if they change it or not.

All they do since the 0 mot player is not interested in exp is go bang out a few npc duels to keep their motivation low.

And 0 mot are no more an exploit than any other build in the game.

DeletedUser

I don't like the changes, but I'm going to be fair and try it out. My basic problem with premium is that it will cost me the equivalent of several high profile computergames per year. The west simply doesnt rank with them.
Innogames notoriously don't want to pay for translation for example - the language in .se is beyond belief, and I see the same thing here.
They also never answer an email, and have ridicolously bad customer support.
I have played 2 years now on .se and recently began playing on .net W2.
I see now that the choice of world was bad...
If I'm not satisfied with the changes, I'm outta here - only got to level 47 so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thats right, and if anything right now in the 1 hour job worlds, a "true" 0 mot dueler is probably one of the hardest things to do

i cant believe so many are unhappy when in w4 and w6 i hear constant whining about no placate shaman

DeletedUser

I play World 1 and is the only .net server that I play and today I've seen this.

This is not right! There wasn't any poll and not all the players will agree with it.:p:p:p

All the players don't agree on anything :p

I like this change.The devs are pretty consistent these days.
All the new changes[this includes dueling] are balanced.

DeletedUser

No. No, plain and simple.
As it was so succinctly put by another on the internal alliance forums, this seems more like an incentive to force people into premium, and it seems clear to me that few people actually want it, as opposed to the 'by popular demand' it apparently has by the newspost - though I'll grant I haven't gone looking, but I'm stubborn, and I stick by that all the same.
Put it in, and I guarantee a sharp drop in active players and players who you're forcing off the game with this. Just leave it where it is now, and things will be fine. But that isn't going to happen of course.

Well, it was nice while it lasted. I used to consider buying premium, but now I don't think I will. Even the nuggets aren't worth it.
Fare thee well, The West. You've gone the same way as your cousin Tribal Wars as far as I'm concerned. Don't go dragging Grepolis the same way.

/rant

DeletedUser22685

Well out of all the discussions on the enhanced premium, I for one recall quite a vast majority of players speaking in favour of the new premiums except for the two that are excluded from this update. Those that didn't like it should've spoke up while those discussions were taking place, and I only recall a few players that have posted their discontent in this thread actually disapproved of it in original threads. So yeah, this time it actually was popular demand :razz:

And technically, the nuggets are worth even more now.

DeletedUser

I'm not exactly against the extended premium as such as I am against the choice to leave just one single world with the classic system. I like the classic system; I don't like the extended one - but I was busy when that one was added, and so didn't get the chance to voice an opinion, and in any case probably wouldn't have.

As to the claim of them being worth more, that's a matter of perspective. Add too many options to use them with, and the demand increases, so people will want more, in that regard they're worth more. But in doing so, it cheapens the game for others, making the entire thing as a whole worth less.
From my perspective, that is.

DeletedUser

Guess we cant make anyone happy today.

Im very thrilled about this turn of events. And to even hear the developers listened to the fans and are not allowing skill buying points and energy still leaves a challenge to the world.

1 hour jobs will keep new users interested in the game. Currently when a brand new user starts they lose interest after they learn it takes 2 hours to do a job.. when the new system goes into effect (doent appear to have happened yet) it will allow for shorter times and keep newer players interested in the game.

Im happy about this turn of events and I checked it isn't even April 1st yet.

Me too! Shaman reset here I come...lol!
:D

DeletedUser16008

ummmm so far looking good ... but

No 1 hr jobs in this update on any world im on :D

DeletedUser

I like the new upgrades especially to be able to placate the shaman.It costs a fortune doing jobs to reskill and waiting for the cost of attribute and skill points to come down.Cant wait till it is implemented.

DeletedUser16008

I like the new upgrades especially to be able to placate the shaman.It costs a fortune doing jobs to reskill and waiting for the cost of attribute and skill points to come down.Cant wait till it is implemented.

Its implemented now ;)

DeletedUser

What was overlooked or uncommented on was the other changes that came with this update. The new way of displaying items in your inventory is painful. Seriously! The type is so small in comparison to the old way that I've developed eye strain just over the past 1/2 hour.

The AP's are still bold, but the SP's are at least 2pt smaller and when you cursor over an item in your inventory it shows the item and the item currently being worn side-by-side with all stats .... nice feature but the type is much smaller and something should be changed there. It's bad enough on the eyes to be starring at a monitor for 8-16 hour TW marathon sessions but with the squinting now required I'm going to have to lay off a bit (time for a few worlds to go on vacation mode until I can afford that new 60 inch Hi-Def Monitor that I can put 18" from my face).

inventorynew0146979.jpg

Makes me wonder - - - what else has just changed?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not only that, but the very popular TW-PRO script doesn't work anymore with the new inventory display process so we have to take the extra time to figure out if something will benefit us now (fortunately TW-PRO's other features all seem to be chugging along just fine).

DeletedUser

where is 1 hour job duration ?! hellstorm ?!!

i think you say , only skill buy and energy refill will be difference ??!!

Worlds 2 thru 10 will receive the same features you presently experience in Worlds 11, 12, Arizona and Briscoe, except for the controversial Skill Buying and Energy Refill!

Bad Billy Jack

Not only that, but the very popular TW-PRO script doesn't work anymore with the new inventory display process so we have to take the extra time to figure out if something will benefit us now (fortunately TW-PRO's other features all seem to be chugging along just fine).

TW Pro still works. We just no longer get gold rimmed gear once we equip. Also the numbers at the top no longer change.

Still usable, with a bit of pain, but definitely needs a patch now too!