Fort Battle Builds Guide 2.0!

Was this guide helpful to you?

• Total voters

DeletedUser

I am still testing the formula and I get inconclusive results every battle. I used stamina for both hit chance and dodge chance in attack and hiding for both hit chance and dodge chance in defense. I did some maneuvers and matches perfectly. But it doesn't match with real battles. I had discrepancies between my calculation according to the formula and bonuses in real battles.
I will keep testing until I get to the bottom of it. But I don't think I got wrong results cause I put stamina instead of hiding at the attack dodge value. Is something else.

@TheBoizZ: at level 14.

Slygoxx

In those real battles, might there be a person with a golden gun in your sector? As that gun gives +3 to attack and def.

I'll test it too tonight, got about 3 battles so I hope it'll work out ;)

DeletedUser

The formulas are-
Chance to hit=25+aim^0.4+leadership^0.4+stamina^0.4
Chance to dodge=10+dodging^0.4+leadership^0.4+hiding^0.4

And I still don't know if the numbers shown for players in a battle are actual hit chances or something else, but either way, distance penalties have to be considered. Too many people don't seem to understand that shooting from the suicide corner at the opposite tower hurts them a lot more than it hurts the people on the tower. I'm not saying YOU don't, but some note about distance wouldn't hurt.

DeletedUser30512

I am still testing the formula and I get inconclusive results every battle. I used stamina for both hit chance and dodge chance in attack and hiding for both hit chance and dodge chance in defense. I did some maneuvers and matches perfectly. But it doesn't match with real battles. I had discrepancies between my calculation according to the formula and bonuses in real battles.
I will keep testing until I get to the bottom of it. But I don't think I got wrong results cause I put stamina instead of hiding at the attack dodge value. Is something else.

@TheBoizZ: at level 14.

Thanks for the info! So I am assuming that I have too many incomplete quests before getting the shaman...

DeletedUser20647

And I still don't know if the numbers shown for players in a battle are actual hit chances or something else, but either way, distance penalties have to be considered. Too many people don't seem to understand that shooting from the suicide corner at the opposite tower hurts them a lot more than it hurts the people on the tower. I'm not saying YOU don't, but some note about distance wouldn't hurt.

My guess:

AIM: random between 1 and what is shown (minus distance pen)

VS

DODGE: random between 1 and what is shown

Higher value wins
When more than one player is shooting at you, the same dodge is used.

@Duduie: nearby soldier increased your bonus

DeletedUser

What I really want to know is how distance is calculated. Pythagoras doesn't seem to have entered anyone's mind as far as who the closest target is. It seems more like closest x or y, which ever is smaller, not closest √(x² + y²), not to mention z. Why do towers even have height? If it mattered at wall, walls would take a lot more shots than point positions on towers.

DeletedUser20647

What I really want to know is how distance is calculated. Pythagoras doesn't seem to have entered anyone's mind as far as who the closest target is. It seems more like closest x or y, which ever is smaller, not closest √(x² + y²), not to mention z. Why do towers even have height? If it mattered at wall, walls would take a lot more shots than point positions on towers.

deff closest x or y, have seen that many times

I think height is there for LOS

DeletedUser

deff closest x or y, have seen that many times

I think height is there for LOS

Duh, of course, forgot about that. It still makes no sense that they didn't use actual distance. It's not like a simple formula would have made the calculation more complex than throwing in conditionals.

Slygoxx

Alright, out of those 3 battles, 2 were with soldiers and I didn't really want to add more variables to the equation ;)

I had 38.88 hit and 23.55 dodge bonus in the battle. As an attacker and without any soldiers standing near me (leadership bonus was 0).

Skills:
107 stamina
18 dodge
10 hiding
23 aim
30 leadership

Using the awesome that is math:
107^0.4 + 23^0.4 + 30^0.4 + 25 = 38.89 hit bonus, rounded to top, so I suspect the game rounds to the bottom.
107^0.4 + 18^0.4 + 30^0.4 + 10 = 23.56 dodging bonus, again rounded to top.

I guess this is proof enough ;)

Last edited:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Can someone who knows for certain 100% please confirm for me whether this bit is true or not, as some people are saying it's true and others are saying it's not.
So when Attacking a fort do you use Stamina in the 'chance to hit' calculation but Hiding in the 'chance to dodge' calculation? Or is it Stamina used in BOTH of those calculations?

Per http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=402&lang=en
I am 100% certain that the formulas are as follows:
Attacker Shooting:
>>> (Leadership+soldier_bonuses)^.4 + Stamina^.4 + Aim^.4 + Sector_bonus + 25
Attacker Dodging:
>>> (Leadership+soldier_bonuses)^.4 + Stamina^.4 + Dodging^.4 + Sector_bonus + 10
Defender Shooting:
>>> (Leadership+soldier_bonuses)^.4 + Hiding^.4 + Aim^.4 + Sector_bonus + 25
Defender Dodging:
>>> (Leadership+soldier_bonuses)^.4 + Hiding^.4 + Dodging^.4 + Sector_bonus + 10

with no rounding involved

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Using the awesome that is math:
107^0.4 + 23^0.4 + 30^0.4 + 25 = 2[sic]8.89 hit bonus, rounded to top, so I suspect the game rounds to the bottom.
107^0.4 + 18^0.4 + 30^0.4 + 10 = 23.56 dodging bonus, again rounded to top.

I guess this is proof enough ;)

Actually I suspect they are not rounding at all, they are just truncating the displayed value

Slygoxx

It could be that they are truncating, though there is no way you can tell since the game only shows 2 decimals.

Diggo11

The game calculates the chances of aiming and dodging correct to twelve decimal places, then displays them at two decimal places ;) Whether the last digit is rounded or truncated is pretty insignificant…

DeletedUser

going along the lines of what ripett said, for the item list, leadership is worth twice as much as any other skill. stamina/hiding is only used when you're attacking/defending and aim/dodge is only used when you're shooting/deflecting with the Force but leadership is used all the time!

anyways, great guide saucy :D

DeletedUser

going along the lines of what ripett said, for the item list, leadership is worth twice as much as any other skill. stamina/hiding is only used when you're attacking/defending and aim/dodge is only used when you're shooting/deflecting with the Force but leadership is used all the time!

anyways, great guide saucy :D
Doesn't make much sense. Most of the good jobs ask leadership. So u prob put a lot of points on that. Then u want to reach the perfect combo. With this i mean that the formula is on his best when u have from every skill the same amount.
120 leadership, 120 stamina, 120 aim, 120 dodge when u are attacking.
So u better take cloths which have HP and give bonus to stamina, aim, dodge.
Not everything on Leadership..., since u allready have a big amount of points putted on that.

DeletedUser20647

I think you should adress the importance of HP and how other skills are garbage compared to it (once a certain point for those, like 40-50, has been reached), Saucey. Or, put a lot more HP in your current build.

I know this is your guide, but here's my suggestion for a build, perhaps you might want to add it :)

Skills: 80 strength, 40 mobility, 40 aim, 40 leadership, 280 hp.

Equipment: whatever gives you the most point should be used, as I don't know what rare items you have. Everything that is added to fort skills is a point (like in your list of items). After that you could remove some from skills that become very high and add to the ones that didn't get a big bonus from equipment to make them a little more equal.

At lower levels you could keep leadership at 80 for a few jobs and your other skills should be lower, as appropriate for that level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Doesn't make much sense. Most of the good jobs ask leadership. So u prob put a lot of points on that. Then u want to reach the perfect combo. With this i mean that the formula is on his best when u have from every skill the same amount.
120 leadership, 120 stamina, 120 aim, 120 dodge when u are attacking.
So u better take cloths which have HP and give bonus to stamina, aim, dodge.
Not everything on Leadership..., since u allready have a big amount of points putted on that.

Since clothing stats are static, they form the base from which you allocate your skill points.

DeletedUser13719

Sauceysauce guide is great matey just there is one problem...or few of them: Level 20: (20 AP, 60 SP) that is true Level 40: (40 AP, 120 SP) and this one Level 60: (60 AP, 180 SP) same here Level 80: (80 AP, 220 SP) but this isn't(180+60=240 not 220) you made a mistake in this one and Level 100: (100 AP, 280 SP) here you lose 20 SP(it should be 300) Level 120: (120 AP, 340 SP) and here too(360) so you're missing 20 SP in every build of yours, update it and it will be great

DeletedUser

Is there any good reason not to just ignore Stamina/Hiding and just use Aim/Dodge? I know you loose jobs, but I personally duel much more than work. The Aim/Dodge/HP combo benefits both dueling and fort fighting. If you are willing to sacrifice jobs (and at high enough level, there is little reason not to) I cant see any reason to NOT go with this type of build.
Comments or critiques are most welcome