Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Item to be added to game

Am I the only one to spot an obvious item missing from the game? A Harmonica for goodness sake! hasn't anyone seen Once Upon a Time in The West?

make it a product item and add a bonus to +3 appearance or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26406

This game was not built on fact.
The soldier avatars should be: Sioux,Mexican etc.
Not Iroquois.
Iroquois lived in the east long,2000 miles away from the west.
And at the time of The Wild Wild West,they were all but gone.

DeletedUser

centre button next to town

Details of idea: To add a button that centres the town on the screen and on the minimap. The quickest option would be that in the "bids for purchase" tab, when you click on the traveling time that it opens the town in question (does that already), centres the town on screen, and opens on mini map. But if this is too hard then just a "centre" button next to the town header in every town screen (this option would be useful in more situations than this market theme). Another option would be to add this feature to the sign-post of every town!
the current workaround is enter town screen, enter residence, click on any residents profile, and then click on centre town from the profile.
Visual Aid:
shiloh.jpg
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes
Reasons for submitting: this has been suggested before, but that was a while ago (I don't know if it has been suggested since) and with the market and all it would just be really handy. Just say you find the town using the "bids for purchase" tab in the market. You actaully have no idea where this town is until you centre it on the minimap right? well try doing that a couple hundred times, when you are collecting the bulk you have bought! There are other instances where it would be useful too, but particularly this is annoying me ATM:blink:

DeletedUser

I'd like the bidding system at the market changed so that $1 bid increases are removed. I find this kind of behavior very childish in real life as well as in the game, and any professionally managed auction I've ever seen or heard of doesn't allow it (this excludes online auctions which have their own problems).

I'm not sure what the best alternative is, but having the minimum bid increase be something like 10% of the base minimum bid seems reasonable to me.

DeletedUser22685

Idea title: Easier archiving
Details of idea: When archiving your telegrams into categories, you shouldn't get reverted back to page 1 of your telegrams every time you archive a telegram.
Visual Aid: Not needed
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: While going through my pages of telegrams and sorting them into categories (most people probably don't do that, but I was bored so DON'T JUDGE ME NJUBS!), every time I sorted one or multiple telegrams into a category, it jumped back to page one and I had to click back to the page I was up to every single time. If it just stayed on the page you were currently on, it would remove the hassle of an extra click and therefore save my fingers from arthritis and preserve mouse longevity.

DeletedUser

title: "bids for purchase" section ordered by distance

Details of idea: I'm not entirely sure by what criteria by which the order is done at present (perhaps time of purchase? dunno..) but it makes absolutely no sense. The most effective way to place the bids would be in order of distance. In this way you know exactly which location is closest for your next pick up.

Visual Aid: courtesy of two bars of mars (thanks again mate;))

2801047r.jpg

Has the idea been posted before?: no
Reasons for submitting: At present, one has to sift through pages of bought items (at one stage I had 11 pages of bids!) to check which is the next closest town. If this was to be implemented, it would be of great use to those who are collecting their bought items.

Deleted User - 1278415

GANG,

In case you need a refresher read post #1

Minor Ideas

The minor ideas thread is for undisputed common sense items that require minimal effort to implement. Examples of what belong here include providing a read forum icon, displaying the server time at the bottom of the page and providing a "centre map" button on town profiles.

The idea of this thread is for simple common sense items that should require no discussion. If you dispute an idea listed here you should make ONE post explaining why. If the response does not adequately address your issue you should then carry the idea over to a new thread for discussion, leaving a link to the discussion thread in this this thread. This will help to keep the thread on track and free of spam.

When posting a minor idea please use the following form. It is important that this format be used so all necessary details are covered. Any idea that intentionally or entirely disregards this form will be considered spam.

DeletedUser25707

Warning on selling unique items

Idea title: Warning on selling unique items
Details of idea: Before selling unique items like various quest rewards add a window saying "This is unique item. If you sell it there is no possible way you can ever find it again." or something similar along those lines. This can be done in a currently existing window that open when you try to sell something.
Reasons for submitting: Every once in awhile here on forums I hear about someone selling something he really shouldn't have and asking for help. Usually, all the answers he can get is "contact support and see if they'll help you". With this people would at least get a fair warning before trying to sell some of those objects.

DeletedUser

Proposal: Make animation in line with actual current activity.

Problem: As soon as you queue a sleep the animation shows a sleeping figure, even though you might be walking to the hotel at that point. A lot of people at first think they have been duelled while sleeping when they were actually on the way to the hotel.
Solution:
If the walking animation was shown until the actual sleep part of the order begins it would be less confusing.

Additional: Also, with the 45minute duelling cooldown it would be useful to be able to see from the animation if you were actually asleep and protected or waiting for the cooldown to elapse (maybe no 'z.z.z.z's animating or a red boder to show you are still duelable, and no border to show you are fully asleep and protected.

Red Falcon

New Job Possibility...

Idea title: New Job: Brewing Coffee
Details of idea: This should be a relatively easy job on The West. Of course, they had coffee in the days of the wild west. If you don't believe me, look up Arbuckle Coffee. I imagine its difficulty should be between 25 and 50 labor points. Skills used in this job could include: Toughness, Stamina, Fine Motor Skills, Repairing, and Trading.
Visual Aid: Anyone who sees this thread is welcome to provide visual aid.
Reasons for submitting: I think this job would make the game more interesting and realistic. The product awarded could be a peppermint stick or a bag of coffee beans. I reckon it would be fairly easy to implement as well.

DeletedUser

Idea title:Dueling Map.
Details of idea: New dueling menu is great and this will only enhance it. By adding a map, you can choose your duels in a way that makes more sense. 2 guys 10 minutes away from your location could be in complete opposite locations. Also duelers won't end up in desolate areas.
Visual Aid:
westduelfinal-1.jpg

Reasons for submitting: Ease of selecting duels.

Deleted User - 1278415

Minor Ideas #10 is now being posted in the Dev Discussion area.

Start of Minor Ideas #11 begins here.

DeletedUser

Job: Tailor

Tailor pays a moderate amount and provides objects like Needles and textiles. Tailor uses primarily "Dexterity" skills.

DeletedUser14006

Add cookies, liquorice and other advent calendar items to shops :)

DeletedUser15699

ADVANCED MARKETING
It would be nice to add a DEMAND bar in the market. For instance I am looking for fancy leg guards and willing to pay 14000$ for them. A person who has the pants can sell them for that price without making an offer, but buyer would have to have the amount of money he's offering that would be deducted when he creates a demand.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Cancellation of a battle
Details of idea: There are times when it's necessary to cancel a battle and if there was a game option that allowed ONLY black hats or the digger to cancel the battle then it would save dozens of people much time and frustration.
Visual Aid:
fortbattlecanceled49879.jpg

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reasons for submitting: People waste a lot of time going to battles that have been declared as canceled and this leads to a lot of frustration and hostile chat that is truly unnecessary and unproductive for the game.

Details : For an additional fee of $1500, the attacker (either just the one who declares or a Black Hat in the declaring town) can elect to cancel a battle within 12 hours of declaring it. The cancellation can't happen at the last minute and if there's a justifiable reason for cancellation of a battle then 12 hours or so should be enough time to actually get ahold of someone capable of canceling the battle. The original cost plus the cancellation fee would be forfeited (No, this isn't some scheme to get your money back because things aren't going your way). The clock for the battle would continue to countdown as normal, but on the fort overview screen there would be a big red "BATTLE CANCELED!" displayed prominently. No future arriving individuals could sign up for the battle, but all existing members would still be protected from dueling as long as they were signed up and stayed at the battle site (it wouldn't be fair to cancel a battle just to be able to duel a bunch of people there who not equipped for dueling). At the time of the battle, instead of the battle starting ... it would just end with no battle and no stats to track. A battle report would be sent as normal that said, "Battle canceled" for that fort battle.

DeletedUser28116

Please put back the "Hide background" option on the map. Us old folks have trouble seeing stuff. (I don't believe that this has been mentioned before but if so, I apologize for the repeat.)

picture.php

DeletedUser

protection whilst buying from market

Idea title: protection whilst buying from market(safe travel)
Details of idea: when you travel to a town to pick up your bought item you can sleep but when traveling home you cant - maybe when someone tries to duel you in that window say 'that person is protected using the market' (to stop abuse of this you must have clicked your hotel to sleep as soon as you get your bought item for protection to start?)
Visual Aid: i havnt got one
Does it meet the guidelines?: ? hope so
Has the idea been posted before?: searched but couldnt find
Reasons for submitting: couple of times now i've been dueled by players at the town i've picked item up from whilst traveling home problem is im still at their location until i get to my town and the 8hr sleep and if its a long distance that could be a 4-8 hour window where your vulnerable

DeletedUser22685

Idea title: Raised buy/sale prices on rare items that can't be bought in a shop
Details of idea: Currently items such as the strange lump of dirt and bent piece of metal have sales prices of $1, and the advent items are not much more. Perhaps $5000 sales price for the lump and piece of metal and $500 for the advent items would be a more reasonable price. I'm sure there are other items this applies to but these are the two examples I immediately thought of.
Visual Aid: Meh
Reasons for submitting: The extremely low "official" prices on the aforementioned rare items leads to misinterpretation of the market push rule as players are taking $1 as a reasonable price to sell these items which has lead to bans on more than one occasion that need not happen.

Harsha..

Duel page modifications

Hey guys

I'm a major dueler in W10 - Dueling is how i play this game, there has been a deficency which has frustrated me for quite a while, now

The new additions - namely the duel page where you can find players to duel are awesome, enabling you to find new targets at speed

But the devs have forgotten that there are allies, town members, and players who are in vacation mode, are sleeping and taking part in fort battles

So, my suggestion is to show on the duel page ONLY the players who are available to duel at a particular instant, the page can easily be refreshed on a regular basis to show more players who are available to duel and those who are not available to duel can be removed from the page

Also, on the player dueling page, each player's name is given with the profile picture, character icon and dueling lvl, it would be a great convenience if the player's town name and alliance name was also added. Hence, it'll greatly speed up dueling. and we duelers can omit pressing too many buttons at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.