IIGC - Discussion Thread!

DeletedUser

Oh, so everyone knows, forum staff are permitted to enter this contest (Not sure if I will ... seems wrong), so expect some competition!!

DeletedUser22685

I've got mine ready, but I've showed Becca and I am not allowed to enter mine yet because Becca says mine is so good that it will discourage others from entering. So when a few people have posted theirs, I'll post mine ;)

DeletedUser

Yet ANOTHER graphic design competition! Just recently the only competitions have been for the creative graphic design people with their expensive photoshop programs. Where are the competitions for those of us who are not graphic design gurus?

DeletedUser

well if you are not a "computer graphic designer" you can start from a piece of paper/canvass. draw or whatever method you wanna use. scan, resize it, then submit.

Slygoxx

This is a good contest that will be accessible to people who have not got PS, you can just draw it :)

I won't enter in the contest here, because I'm already participating on the .nl forum, but I wish everyone good luck.

DeletedUser

This is a good contest that will be accessible to people who have not got PS, you can just draw it :)

I won't enter in the contest here, because I'm already participating on the .nl forum, but I wish everyone good luck.

Yeah that's something I wanna ask Becca...
Can we participate in our own country and in here?
What I mean is that can we post our entry twice in two different forums?
I'm asking this cause I've seen someone posting his entry twice...
I don't think so though...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can answer that one lawpaok: Anyone who enters into multiple language versions may very well find himself disqualified.

DeletedUser

I may as well display my ignorance here rather than bug someone in PMs. What does "graphics" cover? If most entries will be rendered pictures, I won't bother entering (I don't do them). If it has to be all original, I'll probably make an attempt. Thanks.

DeletedUser

I may as well display my ignorance here rather than bug someone in PMs. What does "graphics" cover? If most entries will be rendered pictures, I won't bother entering (I don't do them). If it has to be all original, I'll probably make an attempt. Thanks.

Most will probably use rendered images. Most people are image manipulators rather then original artists. Origional work is most certainly welcome. Orgo won the last monthly competition and you can tell it was his work in its entirety. My hat goes off to people with the ability to create something from scratch with their own hands. I can only do that if it's completely abstract! :laugh:

DeletedUser

Thanks, but I've entered enough SOTM contests to know that my work doesn't appeal to many here. Have fun with it anyway. :up:

DeletedUser

What kind of graphic do you want? Pixel Count? Shape? Animation allowed? (gifs?).. I don't have photoshop either, I am an unemployed artist, I have the cheap version.. coreldraw. Today I made replacement letters for CNC keyboards that had the wrong letters installed for the type of machine they were on... for a school.... yay me.

So what will it be boss?

Last edited by a moderator:

Slygoxx

Well, the rules already state only static images are allowed. I don't really have a good answer for the rest of the questions.

DeletedUser

What kind of graphic do you want? Pixel Count? Shape? Animation allowed? (gifs?).. I don't have photoshop either, I am an unemployed artist, I have the cheap version.. coreldraw. Today I made replacement letters for CNC keyboards that had the wrong letters installed for the type of machine they were on... for a school.... yay me.

So what will it be boss?
In answer to your question, --- http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=42657

DeletedUser

Thanks! I missed the static issue.I must have just been really tired when I read it, and missed the 600 x 800 part. Coolio. Gotta go resample my work then and make sure I'm under before I post.

DeletedUser

Wow, I was worried that my stuff was not so good... i'll submit this week as soon as i have time to review my own art and then get it resampled to 800w x whatever tall (less than 600) I actually have a shot at this.. and i'm an illustrator not a graphic designer... i am more accustomed to drawing an exploded view of your six-shooter so you can buy replacement parts than any kind of artistic stuff. yippee kie yay motor finger.

DeletedUser

Yet ANOTHER graphic design competition! Just recently the only competitions have been for the creative graphic design people with their expensive photoshop programs. Where are the competitions for those of us who are not graphic design gurus?

I see your point, different competitions would be nice though if you can't beat them join them, I use http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ <--this software it's free though if you like it feel free to make a small donation to help develop this software for the future :)
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r279/circuscharlie/almostfinished3.jpg
This is my entry done using this Gimp software, my work doesnt do it justice, this is my second attempt creating a picture on Gimp so I'm still learning.
Though for completely free software it stands toe to toe with photoshop I think though I've never used photoshop only see whats been done using it.
Give Gimp ago, good fun playing about, who knows you might become pretty good at it :) look on youtube for friendly tutorial.

Though come on :D will we see different competitions other than graphic ones ?
(The first creation is below my sig :)