Votes: 42 75.0%
  • NO

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal: Receive 5 town points for (opponents K.O'd - Members K.O'd)

Current Workaround: Currently, 5 Town Points are received for each (duel won - duels lost), and no extra for the K.O.

Details: When the town dueling records are in the positive; and a member K.O's an opponent the town should receive 5 points for the duel AND 5 points for the K.O. additionally. These extra points will only be received if you have more opponents K.O.d then members (same as dueling). Resulting in 10 town points for a K.O. on an opponent.

Abuse Prevention: I don't really see how this can be abused, I guess if people are too K.O. happy and getting alot of town points this way, I guess it can be considered abuse. To prevent this, put a bounty on him!

Visual aids: I don't think this is necessary if someone wants to come up with something feel free to.

Summery: I think there should be no reason not to get at least 5 points for seeing the attack through and K.O'ing the opponent.

Administration: Does this Idea meet the Ideas Guidelines and criteria? Yes
Does this Idea appear anywhere on the previously suggested ideas list? No

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's a great idea im in though, I bet we will see alot of players not wanting this, due to it will mean alot of players will duel the same person again just for the K.O :laugh:
But heck , lets burn them :D

DeletedUser

Absolutely agree with this. KOs should affect the rankings.

DeletedUser

no as it will incite people to harass players with multiple dueling.
I prefer KO to be either occasional or related to town rivalry

DeletedUser

no as it will incite people to harass players with multiple dueling.
I prefer KO to be either occasional or related to town rivalry

Here is our first burn victim, burn him :laugh::laugh: or hang him high.
Is a simple way around this though on a serious note, a K.O done with 2 or more duels on the same player will not count to the ranking. So a 24hr cooldown to be able to get the points.
So it would be wise to go around in a posse to get K.O as if you dont get the K.O but your friend does within 1 duel each between you his town will get the points, im really liking this idea.
And you can't argue with that Mcbibus :), just run for cover when the posse comes calling :laugh:

DeletedUser22575

Here is our first burn victim, burn him :laugh::laugh: or hang him high.
Is a simple way around this though on a serious note, a K.O done with 2 or more duels on the same player will not count to the ranking. So a 24hr cooldown to be able to get the points.
So it would be wise to go around in a posse to get K.O as if you dont get the K.O but your friend does within 1 duel each between you his town will get the points, im really liking this idea.
And you can't argue with that Mcbibus :), just run for cover when the posse comes calling :laugh:

If your going to give points for ko's they should be for every KO. They are either worth points or they aren't. If they are worth points and it is part of the system players will just have to adapt just like duelers have to learn to adapt to 1.29 spot dueling changes, no difference.

DeletedUser

If your going to give points for ko's they should be for every KO. They are either worth points or they aren't. If they are worth points and it is part of the system players will just have to adapt just like duelers have to learn to adapt to 1.29 spot dueling changes, no difference.

TJ its not my idea i was just laying down an option for MC, dont get flip with me and no you dont have to give points to every K.O what I suggested is possible. Everything doesnt have to be black or white you know :)

DeletedUser22575

TJ its not my idea i was just laying down an option for MC, dont get flip with me and no you dont have to give points to every K.O what I suggested is possible. Everything doesnt have to be black or white you know :)

I wasn't getting flip with you, I was just posting my response in reply to your suggestion.

And I disagree on not giving points for every ko. There is no reason not to. Players get points for every duel they win, they get points for every fort they take, they get exp points for every job they complete...yet once again when it comes to doing something additional with dueling in regards to town points it needs to be "limited".

DeletedUser

I was thinking more simple than that. Just 5 for the wins and 10 for the K.O.'s assuming your town is in the positive of coarse.

e.g. wins {5*[wins(20) - losses (21)]} + {10*[K.O'd opp.(5) - K.O'd memb.(1)]} would give the town 35 dueling points. all else stays the same (no minus points)

DeletedUser2474

Great idea. It would be the same as players attacking multiple times for the easy win once they work out someone's stance. KO simply means that they can't hit that player again for another easy win.

I am completely for this change.

DeletedUser16628

I am a firm believer in KO's needing to be counted towards points for the town.All that hard/fun work goes to waste.Also breaking it down just complicates it.Count every KO plain and simple it's a simpler fix for the dev's and it's fair the people being koed will have to adapt myself included.

DeletedUser16008

I am a firm believer in KO's needing to be counted towards points for the town.All that hard/fun work goes to waste.Also breaking it down just complicates it.Count every KO plain and simple it's a simpler fix for the dev's and it's fair the people being koed will have to adapt myself included.

I agree with this 100%

DeletedUser

Latigo approves this idea

Thumbs-Up-Success-Club_normal.jpg

Deleted User - 1278415

So what are we agreeing on? Concept yes I would like to see KO points counted heck I'd like to even see rankings for KO's given/received while they are at.

SO agreeing to KO's for town points should be given
No more than 10 points?
but at least 5 points?
And equal given is taken away for each KO distributed to the town.

Pass outs, NPC KO's and Quest Ko's are not included in this count.

DeletedUser22575

So what are we agreeing on? Concept yes I would like to see KO points counted heck I'd like to even see rankings for KO's given/received while they are at.

SO agreeing to KO's for town points should be given
No more than 10 points?
but at least 5 points?

Pass outs, NPC KO's and Quest Ko's are not included in this count.

HUh ??? what does that mean in english

and nice thought on the ko rankings

DeletedUser

HUh ??? what does that mean in english

and nice thought on the ko rankings

Basically means if you go out and ko 5 players your town will receive 25 town points at 5 points per duel.

But...

If you have 3 people in your town get koed you lose 15 points

and this will give your town a grand total of 10 points for giving out 5 kos and getting 3 of your own koed...

25points for giving out 5kos - 15points for getting 3koed in your own town = 10 points for kos

This is how the duel wins are calculated for your town already.

=======================================
love this idea, should have been implemented forever ago.

I like 5 points, so you get 5 points for winning a duel and another 5 point bonus for getting the ko.

So every ko gives you 10 points for your town... sweet!

And obviously so points for NPC/quest duels

DeletedUser22575

Basically means if you go out and ko 5 players your town will receive 25 town points at 5 points per duel.

But...

If you have 3 people in your town get koed you lose 15 points

and this will give your town a grand total of 10 points for giving out 5 kos and getting 3 of your own koed...

25points for giving out 5kos - 15points for getting 3koed in your own town = 10 points for kos

This is how the duel wins are calculated for your town already.

=======================================
love this idea, should have been implemented forever ago.

I like 5 points, so you get 5 points for winning a duel and another 5 point bonus for getting the ko.

So every ko gives you 10 points for your town... sweet!

And obviously so points for NPC/quest duels

Thanks. I was reading this way to early.

DeletedUser

I am really not concerned with the exact value of the K.O. just that we DO get some points for it, more than the 5 for just winning the duel. My original idea was 5 for winning the duel + 10 just for the K.O. But I guess 5 and 5 makes sence too.

Status
Not open for further replies.