Church Healing

DeletedUser

Proposal
Alright,so,this is an idea about the church.You only pray at the church,but my idea is to be healed there.The priest would do that.

Current Workaround
So,this system would be used by ordinary,virtual money you earn doing jobs and dueling.So,no nuggets needed.You go to the church,pay,and you get healed.

Details
So,this is the deal.You can heal your character in the church.The priest would help you with your wounds and whatever else.These are the details:
If you have less than 65% of your health,in the church,you can heal 10 % of your health,by the price that is set by the levels.I will explain the prices of the healing for levels later.
If you have in between 65 % and 75 % of health,you can only heal yourself until 75 %.
If you have more than 75 % health,you can't heal in the church.You can heal only once per hour.
Now,for the prices:
(I'm bumping now)-the prices could be lower or higher,depending how this works on..
lvl 1-10-250$
lvl-11-20-350
lvl 21-30-450
lvl 31-40-550
lvl 41-50-650
lvl 51-60-750
lvl 61-70-850
lvl....-...
and this is only for the beggining.Because lvl 99 cap will be removed,I won't continue with the levels..

Abuse Prevention
Because you can heal only once in the church per hour,this prevents harassment that could be used by the duelers.Because they can duel a person per hour,so they can heal once per hour.(and this is for all classes.)

Visual Aids
I'm working on it..maybe not,,,I'll find Vulturas..xD
EDIT:Can someone make a pic out of this?!"?!"?!I'm really not good at that..xD
When you enter the church,you can read:
In the church you can say a quiet prayer.
Here you will find a place to rest and regain your health.The priest will help you with your injuries.
In the church,you could find the priest standing,(like you do in the saloon,you can see all of those people)
the priest would say this:
"Come dear child,I will help you.Anyone is welcome in the God's house.For a small price,I will heal your wounds and give you a warm meal."
Summary
Well,this could be implemented,for the new way of healing,that doesn't include sleeping or leveling up.I think it would be helpful,instead of wasting your time on sleeping to regain your health,when you can be cured in the church.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No-I think not,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This is actually not a bad idea - but perhaps you should remove this possibility from townless players since they don't do duels nor can join fort fights and make it more expensive so it's not abused much.

5 stars and yes :)

DeletedUser

This is actually not a bad idea - but perhaps you should remove this possibility from townless players since they don't do duels nor can join fort fights and make it more expensive so it's not abused much.

5 stars and yes :)

Dobro si...to sam zaboravila.Hvala :cool:
Translation:
You're right.I forgot that.Thanks. :cool:

DeletedUser

:shootout:love it. great idea.

comment- little high on money but it is good to prevent abuse.

DeletedUser

You can't just strip blind faith from its power. It has existed through all the centuries the world has. The church in The West symbolizes blind faith and this is what makes it unique. We will never know what the building does and giving it a practical usage will not make it that appealing.

Plus they are planning on introducing potions or food for healing.

DeletedUser

You can't just strip blind faith from its power. It has existed through all the centuries the world has. The church in The West symbolizes blind faith and this is what makes it unique. We will never know what the building does and giving it a practical usage will not make it that appealing.

Plus they are planning on introducing potions or food for healing.

Sorry but this idea has nothing to do with faith.I'm not making the church "important",just a new practical way to use it,not only to pray there.So,it really has absolutely nothing to do with that that you mentioned.If you ever saw any western movie,in some,there are priests that help wounded cowboys,so that's what I was thinking to implement too.It would be cool.And the potions could be bought in the church,as well.

DeletedUser

No, look it has. Since The West started 2 years ago, there have been a gazillion threads called "What the church does?". Players always want to know if praying will give them some kind of bonus. And we know that it will be never revealed. Here comes blind faith. Even though there is absolutely no proof that church is helpful in any way, thousands of players pray every day and believe they are boosting their luck.

Your suggestion gives the church a function. It no longer becomes the mystical building that divides us atheist and theists. Basically some people believe that praying is advantageous and the rest of us it's a waste of time.

My previous post makes sense. Just re-read the final sentence of the the first paragraph.

Deleted User - 1278415

Book is correct there is a plan in place for the Mystical Church... the developers have been quoted in saying that praying can be a good thing... however just dont over do it.

Currently the only sure thing we know we can get from praying/church is the 3 medals.

People have tried praying for better items, better item drops, fort battle wins. It is all mysterious since it is the most guarded secret in this game as to what the Church does... similar to the Meaning of Life and everything question (which is 42 by the way)... I've kept quiet on this issue since it is hard to know if the developers have dropped off the road map or not... its been many months since they revised it.

DeletedUser

I've tried some of urbann legends, others tried too... We're 99% sure (because it needs real testing not just a few players who have plenty of items i.e. sunday cloth) that:
1. praying doesn't affect item drops
2. praying doesn't affect town building - a builder in my city suspects it gives even worse items in stores
3. praying doesn't give more success in your dueling and fortfighting
4. praying doesn't give you more XP, more money or anything more than normal on anything

What we didn't log, don't ask me why, everyone forgot... so we don't know yet:
1. Does praying affect a bit your hotel/barracks restoration time?
2. Does praying affect the motivation restore speed?

But to get back on the topic because b00k reminded us of HP restoring items that will be added in the game... The initial idea here is simple, you pay the priest (some big cash I hope) and you get a part of your HP back. This is still compatible with the Roadmap - instead of introducing new items you'd have to buy, we'd get a HP restoring function in the church. And I believe it's easier to implement a building function then an item with a function in the game. And not just HP, but all those little boosts planned as an item consuming could be obtainable at the church. Same :censored:, new wrapping.
That's why I still say - yes.

DeletedUser

Thanks Joxer.And,to answer on Book's reply:

Look,dont try to find the mystical thing that divides atheists and theists in a game(because thats just running away from life),but in reality.There are two different parts of the church,the one you pray,and you dont know what it does,and the healing thing.So,people can think that praying helps or not,its their choice.So,my point is not giving the church a point,just because I believe in something(and that's not the church or Christianity or any religion),so please respect the difference.If you don't like the idea,you can just say no,and give it a terrible rating,rather than disscusing "faith"and the differences between atheists and theists in the game.Its made for players to have fun,and the whole point of it,is not proving that church does nothing in the game,so you can pull that as well in real life.

DeletedUser

I've tried some of urbann legends, others tried too... We're 99% sure (because it needs real testing not just a few players who have plenty of items i.e. sunday cloth) that:
1. praying doesn't affect item drops
2. praying doesn't affect town building - a builder in my city suspects it gives even worse items in stores
3. praying doesn't give more success in your dueling and fortfighting
4. praying doesn't give you more XP, more money or anything more than normal on anything

What we didn't log, don't ask me why, everyone forgot... so we don't know yet:
1. Does praying affect a bit your hotel/barracks restoration time?
2. Does praying affect the motivation restore speed?

But to get back on the topic because b00k reminded us of HP restoring items that will be added in the game... The initial idea here is simple, you pay the priest (some big cash I hope) and you get a part of your HP back. This is still compatible with the Roadmap - instead of introducing new items you'd have to buy, we'd get a HP restoring function in the church. And I believe it's easier to implement a building function then an item with a function in the game. And not just HP, but all those little boosts planned as an item consuming could be obtainable at the church. Same :censored:, new wrapping.
That's why I still say - yes.

Joxer my town has run many tests as we were curious on this topic if praying increases building motivation and it does not.

DeletedUser

Thanks Joxer.And,to answer on Book's reply:

Look,dont try to find the mystical thing that divides atheists and theists in a game(because thats just running away from life),but in reality.There are two different parts of the church,the one you pray,and you dont know what it does,and the healing thing.So,people can think that praying helps or not,its their choice.So,my point is not giving the church a point,just because I believe in something(and that's not the church or Christianity or any religion),so please respect the difference.If you don't like the idea,you can just say no,and give it a terrible rating,rather than disscusing "faith"and the differences between atheists and theists in the game.Its made for players to have fun,and the whole point of it,is not proving that church does nothing in the game,so you can pull that as well in real life.

I was just giving a real life example. Still the church in here represents faith. A good number of games are known to incorporate faith somehow in their story, so I see nothing wrong with discussing it in here. The West church is a mystical building, whichever way you look at it and I don't want it to lose its quality.

And I don't believe saying no and rating the thread is a good way to oppose an idea. Most people don't even know you can rate threads and the answer no is not the way to defend your statement.

DeletedUser

I was just giving a real life example. Still the church in here represents faith. A good number of games are known to incorporate faith somehow in their story, so I see nothing wrong with discussing it in here. The West church is a mystical building, whichever way you look at it and I don't want it to lose its quality.

And I don't believe saying no and rating the thread is a good way to oppose an idea. Most people don't even know you can rate threads and the answer no is not the way to defend your statement.

Probably,but comparing real life and a game is not such a good idea...:laugh:
Don't worry.;)
Now look,that's my idea,wheter you liked it or not.Faith is faith,how many believed or not,I dont care.But good priests that help wounded cowboys are something else.;)
The church will not lose its mystical thing that no one discovered by giving it another point,of healing.

DeletedUser

Yes but old apothecaries were being run by that same church and priests/monks. ;)

DeletedUser

I appreciate that you took the time to come up with a detailed idea, but I have to agree with b00k in here. The church doesn't have to have any practical function, the same as in real life. If people want to waste their 15 minutes every day, the by all means let them do it. Lets just keep the church the way it is.

DeletedUser

Well I like the idea and I believe that church should finally have a practical use after all this time...;)

DeletedUser

that:
1. praying doesn't affect item drops wrong
2. praying doesn't affect town building - a builder in my city suspects it gives even worse items in stores right
3. praying doesn't give more success in your dueling and fortfighting 95% right
4. praying doesn't give you more XP, more money or anything more than normal on anything 100000% right

#1 it has some effect on item drop on a job. effects like item value. will the value be to the highest or the lowest( ex. the range is $2000-$600, from my experience it effects the item value. will it be close to $2000 or to $600).
in battle it effects will you get an good item or not.