Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22685

Well, a mortician touch-up wouldn't hurt, I guess. Could be interesting.

DeletedUser

"By the order of GoodFeather,a new small idea moved here:

price.png

Idea: Showing of prices
Concept: Show the full price, town members price and sales price .

Mission accomplished
Over and out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Correct. This is not the place to discuss how you dislike/like ideas. Post your minor ideas here and if you can build on it great if not then save your comments for later. I will be working on minor ideas #6 soon and then you can spend your thoughts on them there. We hardly ever have any comments on the minor ideas #x threads..

Thanks.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Lowering the ,,hang-over'' period after leaving multiple times using gold
Details of idea: Instead of having worryingly more minutes every time you exit a town, you will have to pay 10 gold nuggets for every 30 minutes
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: didn't see
Reasons for submitting: Why would you like to have increasingly more time outside a town rather than paying some real life cash to get rid of the problems?

DeletedUser

Gambling

I don't see anywhere the ability to gamble. One of the biggest reasons for entering a town in the old west was the ability to make easy money. It was the cause of so many lives to be lost. Why is it not here. Gamble $50 with the intention of turning it into $100 on black or red. This would add much more depth in the game.

airbiscuit

DeletedUser

airbiscuit, before giving ideas it's always wise to check already planned things to add to the game within one of future updates. The thread about those is here, as you'll see, some of things numbered there were already implemented:
The Roadmap!

So we'll (I hope soon) get:
Poker
You can play poker against other players. A small part of the money played for goes to the bank. The bank always wins
wink.gif
Reasons:

• Something to do during waiting periods
  • Meet new players
  • Money gets pulled from the game
  • Requested by players

And:
Gambling
The traders will offer „unknown“ items for sale. Those items might be very rare, expensive and even not droppable or not purchasable items. Unknown items cost a LOT of money.
Reasons:

• Suspense
  • Good reason to spend big amounts of money

;)

DeletedUser

Gambling
The traders will offer „unknown“ items for sale. Those items might be very rare, expensive and even not droppable or not purchasable items. Unknown items cost a LOT of money.
Reasons:

• Suspense
  • Good reason to spend big amounts of money

;)

that sounds pretty diablo II o.o*didn't play I yet* Anyway, that means you can find products too?

DeletedUser

Idea title: Stretching in-battle fort battle notifications window
Details of idea: This is extremely minor but hard to describe.
I was going to suggest that the fort battle screen was made bigger, or made able to resize so that you can see who you hit / who hit you etc. without having to scroll so much. Then I discovered it is actually possible already, but the game shows the "move" mouse icon rather than the "resize" (up-down arrows) mouse icon. I think it should be the resize icon.
Visual Aid: would probably be very useful but I'm not in a battle to do a screenshot
Does it meet the guidelines?: I would have thought so
Has the idea been posted before?: Doubt it, didn't know what to search for
Reasons for submitting: Enhances user interface

Not sure why I bothered typing that now. But maybe there is someone else who hasn't realised you can read more than one line at once ;-)

DeletedUser

Fribble, true, it may be confusing unless you already know it's enabled or you clicked and dragged just to try. I say yes.

Deleted User - 1278415

downgrading a major idea to a minor idea

Just a quick idea i thought of. Wouldn't it be helpful if you could have a "save" or "folders" Section in the reports. For saving, Items you find, Duels, Things like that. Heres a image i did with paint really fast. If someone could make a better image it would be better:laugh:
idea.jpg

What do you think?:)

DeletedUser

When I am on-line, I should be able to see an incoming duel initiated by someone else. If I have some gear on for swimming, someone notices this and tries to take advantage, but I happen to be on-line, I would see the incoming duel and put on my good gear before the duel. I have been caught off guard like this before.

Here I am fishing with my cheesy swimming gear on, before my job is completed I notice a report came in, I check and turns out someone has dueled me, Instantly I put on my better gear and look for their home town, 5 hour walk:blink:. Since I was on-line I should have been able to foresee the duel.

Maybe even a telegram from the sheriff would be appropriate, "There's a rumor that (insert name here) is out to cause trouble with you" something like that.

Well there it is, that is my idea, maybe not so quick anymore but you asked me to elaborate.

here goes my idea:

Idea title: FLASHING DUEL NOTIFICATION
Details of idea: When someone has elected to duel you and is in your town, a warning during the 10 minutes should flash on the screen that your being dueled.
Visual Aid:
duelalert.PNG
(Sorry quick and dirty)
Has the idea been posted before?: maybe.. probably
Reasons for submitting: This gives those who are being dueled and sitting in town or in a nearby <10 mins away chance to stop and run for for hotel of a nearby town or home town.
Abuse/issues: None thought of as it is a warning system for a player. It could frustrate duelers into loosing energy by starting a duel and player runs away causing the dueler to gamble 12 energy but that is the risk the dueler should take.

DeletedUser

I think it would be pretty neat to add games in the tow for people to play while they chat in town....like turn the saloon into and area where we could play card games and things like that.

DeletedUser

I dont know if this has been suggested yet, but I think that having a more efficiant way of mass mailing allies is needed.

Like maybe coucilmen in the town that owns a shared forum could have an option to mass mail every town in the shared forum. Or with 1.29 coming out with alliances you can be able to mass mail to other towns that are your allies.

Just a way to mass mail easier to allied town members.

DeletedUser

Rankings: Sort by type

Idea:
When in the rankings, be able to click the top symbol in order to rearrange the list sorting by that statistic.

Details of Idea: On the rankings sheet under the various tabs (Exp. Duels, etc..), have an option to sort by the different statistics (won, lost, diff., duel points, fort points, etc..).

Visual aids: Sorry, I'm trying to figure out how to do that stuff, if anyone wants to give it a shot go for it, but I think everyone has the picture.

Does it meet the guidelines: Yes/no ~ I think so, if not I'm sure someone will bring it up.

Has the idea been posted here before: I couldn't find it anywhere, but seems too simple to not have been suggested before.

Reasons for submitting: I was hoping to see who on W12 had the best win-loss ratio (diff) but apparently that would involve looking at all the ranks. This also brings me to further the suggestion by saying to add new stats to the ranking page, maybe dueling level under duels and quests under exp. Perhaps Win/Loss ratio percent?

DeletedUser26348

Ok, sory if this was posted before..:)

Idea title: People whose town is at war with a certain town, can be refused to sleep in that town
Details of idea: In the fort battlle, a lot of ppl that are atacking the fort, use the fort owner town to sleep and regain health before the batlle. I think it would make the game more intereting if the guys atacking could't sleep in the town guarding the fort. U could have an option in the town menu or somewhere, where u can put "unwanted guests" pr unwanted town members, that are not alowed or not welcome to crash in your town.
Does it meet the guidelines?: Don't know:)
Has the idea been posted before?: don't know
Reasons for submitting: I think this would also bring more reality to the game. In the real west, if an anemy would be sleeping in the town, he would probably be killed during the sleep:)...so maybe another way to deal with that is that unwanted players could be dueled even if they are seleeping...

DeletedUser

No, it's not minor and has been suggested already. Plus that players can just sleep in the other town 2 to 5 minutes away from the fort.

DeletedUser

Spum, those indians are involved in quests if I'm correct. The devs probably designed them to be NPC characters that you only see in quests. What I mean is that it would get confusing if we had hundreds of mudrige avatars running around.

DeletedUser

Hotel timer after duel

Idea title: Hotel Timer
Details of idea: If you INITIATE a duel then have a timer start when the duel is finished before a person can jump back into the hotel and go to sleep.
Visual Aid:
Has the idea been posted before?: Not that I have seen
Reasons for submitting:
Getting frustrated with duelers from other towns coming and dueling the builders of my town or allied towns. When trying to retaliate some just sleep, jump out for the 10min to duel then jump back into bed. There is no way to be able to refresh the saloon page and try to get a duel in before they are resting.
If a timer started after someone initiates a duel ( must be the attacker ) then say they can't enter a hotel for 15-30min after the duel has ended that way the people that are constantly hitting builders or people much weaker then themselves might think twice if it was getting repaid.

Deleted User - 1278415

Idea title: Hotel Timer
Details of idea: If you INITIATE a duel then have a timer start when the duel is finished before a person can jump back into the hotel and go to sleep.
Visual Aid:
Has the idea been posted before?: Not that I have seen
Reasons for submitting:
Getting frustrated with duelers from other towns coming and dueling the builders of my town or allied towns. When trying to retaliate some just sleep, jump out for the 10min to duel then jump back into bed. There is no way to be able to refresh the saloon page and try to get a duel in before they are resting.
If a timer started after someone initiates a duel ( must be the attacker ) then say they can't enter a hotel for 15-30min after the duel has ended that way the people that are constantly hitting builders or people much weaker then themselves might think twice if it was getting repaid.

Sorry that isnt a minor idea... That would be a full blown idea... as it has been discussed many times... search for duel cool down.

And with the roadmap they are looking at doing duels on the spot... so camping might be a thing of change after the developers do actually do the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.