Finally the "so called premium"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I must say that I loved this game so much until this kind of thing appears out of nowhere.... geezz This is my first time to speak in this forum coz' this is my first time feeling uncomfortable playing this game though.

Low level can buy skill points?? Then for what we leveling our character so far, while level 1 can beat us with high budget?

Sorry to complain on you, devs, you did many good jobs, but this premium is excluded.

Regards,

Chaos Ritter

DeletedUser

Keep in mind that devs only create things, and it's the company (Inno) who decides what goes in and what doesn't.
And yes, for a few bucks you can buy yourself 5 AP and 15 SP and get five levels in front of others which means better jobs with high XP/money. By buying SP/AP you don't have to use any other premium option ever because SP/AP bought are permanent addition, all other premiums are just temporary.

DeletedUser

Oh sorry for the misunderstanding, now I think it's a gold miner-company that doesn't care about anything else except moey though :hmf:

DeletedUser

what else to say then : -GAME OVER-

If you wanne be the best in world 11 or 12 , in anything (duelling , fortfighter -whatever)
you just need a fat wallet , no brains - just cash
Buy yourself a victory , today! hurry up !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25487

Let's be realistic, it's not game over. What it is is a heinous precedent.

As a business Inno wants their money and they're making that the highest priority, and that will have consequences for this game and for its reputation. Many players are furious, many will stop buying nuggets... likely only a few will actually leave the game. Our community middle management was put in a difficult position and did what they thought was best, even if they could have approached the situation with a bit more gravity and rational explanation instead of "by popular demand, it's Nugget Time!". I understand all that, and I wouldn't want to be a staff member caught in the middle trying to put on a professional face.

What I don't understand is the staff getting pissed off at or in any possible way surprised by the emotions (however vitriolic) with which these announcements were met. Worse yet, to mock, dismiss or scoff at players' arguments as being close-minded... running around and playing whack-a-mole closing threads because of whining and angry insinuation? Wrong answer. When this issue first flared up several months ago and was rolled back amidst public outcry, the players received some kind of assurance (I don't recall the wording but it appeared numerous times) that these changes for the good of the game and the development staff would be limited to new worlds, recognizing the harmful effects of changing the rules of a world or introducing blatant imbalances after people have invested months of their time and developed or followed specific strategies. Now that those assurances and expectations have been brushed away, there is a lack of trust... or where there is trust, there is a lack of confidence that the entities we do have access to have the power or authority to assure us of anything in the future. I think you'd be hard pressed to find more than a handful of optimistic players who genuinely believe the rest of the worlds in The West won't have these changes imposed by brute force in the future, regardless of what the players want, regardless of what anyone from the staff or (god forbid) the development team says at this point or at any point going forward. And that's really, really unfortunate.

I have problems with the premium features because they disrupt the competitive balance of the game; not only for those who look at rankings, not only for those who compete directly via combat or battles, but even the lonely adventurers who dedicate builds and slog through quests (the design and writing of which, let's be honest, aren't blowing anybody's socks off) for the satisfaction of accomplishing things that most others haven't, won't or can't. I do and always will believe that premium features on games should be generally limited to support.... improving the interface, management and organization, vanity features etc.... with minimal impact on the actual numbers or values associated with a player account. Automation is an excellent example of the type of thing players SHOULD pay for. Even the concept of DLC in most standalone RPG's involves getting more playable game, more access, even if it comes with some more unique gear. Skill points, energy refills and insta-completes are not added content... they're simply boosters that come, in most cases, at the direct expense of other players in the multiplayer environment.

The folks who made and who maintain this game have created something very polished and entertaining and a very active community. If the extra income, assuming there is extra income, actually goes to hiring new developers and is invested in this game.... great. But I've had too many experiences with other gaming companies that operate multiple games with a small team of coders that rotate in a circle among their products doing bug fixes every month or two. Players wait years for the game to evolve, to expand, to grow new features and engage people in new ways.... but instead it adds more and more identical worlds and rarely does anything change other than layouts and colors and message list formats. Then the email arrives... "Hey Murrough, check out our new game: www.feudal-mobster-roman-whatever.net. Cool new premium features!"

DeletedUser

Don't worry, any chance to discuss this will now be settled by the good old 'close thread' button:

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=40131&page=2

and

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=39916

I have yet to find one post from someone in favour of the new features, features that apparently were disclosed to us previously. I don't know about the rest of you, but the first I heard of this was a day ago when I saw on the log in homepage that W11 & W12 were being 'upgraded'.

Oh well, by the time you read this, this thread will probably be closed too. I just want the chance to comment on Da Twista's post upon closing one of the above threads:

Oh dear more whining...

For some reason people fail to see the good advantages in new features and rather bad mouth the ones they do not like. What a pity...

What's the point of a forum if we're not allowed to discuss what we do and don't like about the game?

Now some people want this new feature and that new feature but don't want this specific one and that one is unfair... Deal with it, it has already been said that you get all or none. Decisions were made to take all on w11 and w12.

When were these decisions made known to the players in Worlds 11 & 12? If there was any attempt to ask the players of those two worlds, then I must have missed my invitation in-game.

Please read through Full Premium W11 and W12

I don't play any world that has the new premium advantages, it's a pity because I would like to but I have stopped whining about it, if it's going to happen it will.

If you don't play on any world with premium then you can't comment on them. What's been preventing you from joining a premium world so you can have an opinion about such a world that has some credibility behind it? The rest of your sentence doesn't make sense to me as I don't understand bad grammar

Buying skills is not really that unfair, compared to the price increase on each purchase it's going to take a lot of money to get to the stage where you will over power every dueller in your world. Majority will not spend that much money just because of duelling.

How is buying skills compared to not buying skills not unfair? Buying your skills is not an indication of skill. It's an indication of who has the highest disposable income. Even if only one person spends money to massively increase their dueling skills then the game will be in imbalance in favour of the person who has the money to spend.

You guys have received an explanation about this from the CM, do we really need to moan about it even further? Innogames are not doing this to make your gaming experience unpleasant but remember that there are many new toys coming out in the future making everything balanced. As you can see, development on this game has been consistent.

Where is this explanation from the CM? Coming to think of it, who, or what, is a CM? It cannot be hard to send a mail round to all the players in worlds 11 and 12? Why has there never been any attempt to contact the players directly, instead relying on them having to enter the forums to find out about the latest developments?

And on the subject of the latest developments you say will make the game balanced, unless it gives people free skill points to make up for people not spending money on skill points, any future development will NOT put these worlds back into balance. Again, if you haven't played in a premium world then you cannot say how imbalanced it is to duel against someone who spends money on the new premium features. That is speaking from experience playing in a premium world and being dueled by people who have looked to spend their way to the top of the dueling tables.

This thread is now closed. Indirectly bad mouthing game developers after all the good that has come from them is rather pathetic.

Closing a thread because people who play the game criticise the direction the developers have taken is also rather pathetic. If the developers can't take criticism then they shouldn't put games into public release. Also, if they cannot take criticism, then they should introduce features that they know are unpopular amongst the majority of their players in new gameworlds into older gameworlds without those features without consulting their customers. Oh wait, they just did. Just because they have released a decent playable game so far does not automatically mean they should be invulnerable to criticism.

DeletedUser

...The folks who made and who maintain this game have created something very polished and entertaining and a very active community. If the extra income, assuming there is extra income, actually goes to hiring new developers and is invested in this game.... great. But I've had too many experiences with other gaming companies that operate multiple games with a small team of coders that rotate in a circle among their products doing bug fixes every month or two. Players wait years for the game to evolve, to expand, to grow new features and engage people in new ways.... but instead it adds more and more identical worlds and rarely does anything change other than layouts and colors and message list formats. Then the email arrives... "Hey Murrough, check out our new game: www.feudal-mobster-roman-whatever.net. Cool new premium features!"
+1

And I really, really hope we won't see a new case of Interplay bankrupcy, BIS termination because managers vetoed developers and The Descent+FO:BoS fails.

DeletedUser

I could've sworn I heard somewhere from the mods that the premium features would ONLY be brought to old worlds if people wanted them.... or was that my imagination ?

DeletedUser

I have seen so many games like this die, just becouse the devs does stuff like this. The worlds with this stinky premium update, will be dominated by money. And those of us that play with our head and have used many many hours levling up our character have no chance against the "nuggets-buying-army".

Too bad, cuz i really liked this game :(

DeletedUser

well world 12 is dead to me now.... way to go dervs. I'd complain more but w12 is my dueler and as the dervs have made duelers 100% worthless compared to soldiers it isn't much of a loss.

DeletedUser

CUFC sounds like a wanna-be-moderator :whistle:

Anyway... this will die soon. Though CUFC has a certain tone that makes me want to wrench his stomach out of his rib cage and stretch it over his head, he has a point. This thread will be shut down, just like others.

And as the post before him stated (though it is a grim reality), Inno has made the decision that they would rather have the majority of people hate them and a few pay extremely expensive prices, than have good customer satisfaction and decent pay rates from approximately half their players.

DeletedUser13636

I could've sworn I heard somewhere from the mods that the premium features would ONLY be brought to old worlds if people wanted them.... or was that my imagination ?

Yup, I read that before too. :mad:

DeletedUser

At the end of the day...

It's all about making cash... It's too bad. I've played a few months, had fun, but I don't see any reason to stay. Everywhere I turn, I'm asked to buy nuggets??? Don't even have to do the jobs. Just buy the Items... Gettin that fishing rod, or union flag is quite fun (after a hundred working hours). This game was dominated by those with knowledge and dedication. Those days are gone... Get a grip InnoGames. Real wealth is in reputation. Everyone with an economic sense knows that. You just got rid of your wealth. Ciao!

DeletedUser

well i do play premium...more energy and character bonus. but mine ran out and i was going to renew today until i saw that w11 and w12(both of which i play) are now the same as arizona.

i am positive i read somewhere that the 2 hour job was staying put?

im not a fan of buying skills, but really, is it a good thing that now after playing for a few months people can waltz in and get to the same point in less than half the time, or is that the whole point?

bummer that my w1 character deleted, that world im pretty certain would never see all this

DeletedUser

Firstly, I am surprised that a few of you are so shocked by the mods bringing down the close hammer on threads .. they have been doing that for quite some time. Post a final insulting comment then close it before you get a chance to reply or defend your opinion.

Secondly, I agree with most of the sentiments in here, but not all. I do not like the fact they have now brought the new world skill buying to w11 and w12, and from reading a few mod comments, maybe even the older worlds too.

I play on a few of the worlds, and I always said I didn't mind the new features for new players as long as they were kept on only the new worlds. But now ..... ?

A few posts were made on how they do this sort of thing to bring in new money which can only be of benfit in the long run ..... seriously? That is not a good argument in the slightest.

Yes, you may bring in a few new dollars that weren't there before, but at the expense of losing old dollars from disgruntled players who will no longer pay for premium. How is that a good thing? They looked as though they were weathering the hate and handling it ok by keeping it all on the two new worlds, but by bringing it to popular old worlds and even worse maybe even older worlds, Inno have gone and not only shot themselves in the foot, they have taken their knee off too.

My premium ran out a few days ago on my 3 favourite characters, and that's it for me. I am now becoming more and more casual with my time on The West as I see less and less things people have been asking for for years - ie player cap lifted - and more and more bs getting added.

Great game when I started playing it, not so much now. World 1 is still fun, but if they change that, I'm off for good. I see Elmyr is a bit miffed, too, as his beloved w11 has been affected. Tut tut.

DeletedUser

Too many threads open on the same basic topic. Do not open anymore threads on this same topic. If you wish to continue to discuss this, you may participate in this open thread -- CLICK HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.