RP Discussion Post Apocalyptic Role Play idea discussion

DeletedUser

Wildlife Candidates

Tree Wolf: The perfect natural Ambusher, the tree wolf can climb into and leap from trees to eliminate prey, a product of massively accelerated mutations spurred on by Radiation, as with the other animals.

Bladed Moose: The effect of perfection in self defense in this brave new world, the Bladed moose can slice melee attackers with its massive rack.

attachment.php

Bear- Currently a Short-Nosed Bear style, Hopefully Justin can make the nose a bit longer and that would make it perfect:
page17c.jpg

Cougar: The Cougar will have undergone a slight evolution, resulting in a more massive body (comparable to that of todays Brown Bear or black bear, whichever), and lengthened teeth, though not to the extremes that their Ancestor the Saber Tooth had.
saber%20tooth.JPG

Giant Elk: The Elk have grown to a much more massive size, larger than even the Irish Elk that once occupied the Americas. They are also much more aggressive, prepared to kill an attacking animal if they see a chance.

a98_Irish.jpg

Giant Hog: The Giant Hog will be the byproduct of breeding between Ex-Domesticated pigs and Wild Boar, having resulted in the ultimate Meat pig with a twist, it is also very powerful and can take a lot of punishment.

swedish02.jpg
We'll call this one a Juvinile.

Cattle: Not sure, maybe just really big, similar to the size of a hippo, and tough.

Horse: Not sure, maybe faster, stronger and larger (clydesdales on speed)

Deer: Larger and faster. Similar to original size, maybe larger racks, taking the place of the pre-war elk

Now, I am leaving these Animal projects up to Justin Michael, he is a very good artist and he can render the animals and give them names as he sees fit. Me, I'm not very good at Microsoft Art as it is, and I have no way to import Pictures drawn on paper to the computer. I also don't have the slightest clue of what names would fit perfectly the animals I have listed.

What I do know is this, the Moose, Elk, Deer, Horse, Cow and Boar will be potential mounts that can be used, with various difficulties.

DeletedUser

All the animals seem to be getting bigger. Are there any that maintain their modern size or shrink?

DeletedUser25825

Good gawd... all the animals increasing exponentially in size? I am SO going to find me a mega-skunk and use it as chemical warfare against my enemies.

DeletedUser

Good gawd... all the animals increasing exponentially in size? I am SO going to find me a mega-skunk and use it as chemical warfare against my enemies.

I'm still thinking of a way to balance it out though. It's always occured to me in reality that we Humans are a bit too advanced, even in the times of the Colonial era. The only thing that Humans feared was eachother, people killed people with little worry of monsters killing them, the only monsters anyone worried about were either legends or religion based, and what a lot of fun that is... But you are given something nice to start off with, technology, and something not so nice to contend with... Precision will count, intelect will count, and self-preservation will be a must. If I left everything as-was, then Humanity would be perfectly prepared in less than 50 years, now make dangers at every turn, life or death situations where what counts is what you can make or what you can find, and you've got a struggle on your hands. Struggle makes the game fun, interesting, and with more than one mind working on this thing, perfect.

As for Skunks, they might be a rarity or something, I mean we don't want to have too many animals to think about. Right now we have 9 on hand, each more deadly than previous, but a well placed hit, arrow, or shot, or multiples, it can be brought down. I'm not sure about other animals, maybe going to think about it after Justin makes a decision on the other 9 featured so far.

DeletedUser

A look at the cultures:

Well, to give a decent Idea of the cultures to be exhibited in the game, here are four of the main ones, and the village-occupant cultures.

Mist Terracers- The city of Mist Terrace was the first advanced city to be settled south of the Shelters to the north. People ready to move on from the havocs of Military regulation and small living spaces decided to colonize to the south, and the followed the only surviving road to do so. Many of them met with and socialized with humans that had survived without bomb shelters, their generations clearly having been affected by the 20 years of radiation, and they had few children, therefore the benefits of the Genetic acceleration wore off before anything beneficial could be brought to them. The only genetically better off culture was the native American tribe living on what is now known as the outcast land. Mist terracers were lead by the rich and powerful, while those who were poor did all of the work in the society. Eventually, a portion of the poor seperated and went east to settle a colony which is now one of the major importers of fresh meat and excess to the heavilly populated Mist Terrace.

walkingstair.jpg

Cold Cape Towners- Residents of Cold Cape were once the workers of Mist Terrace. Fed up with the richer, athiestic and better-armed members of Mist Terrace, a large portion of religious and well-knit families decided to move eastward and create a colony. Cold Cape, otherwise known as Cold Cape Town, or Cape Town, was a result. Being the poor, many families stuck with their instincts of taking to high levels of crime to sustain themselves. Eventually, with the heavy religious and family backing, and the self-felt necessity for life to go on, Exile became the number one punishment for crimes. Families were exiled to the south where they associated with and sometimes paired with the native populations that had had beneficial genetic results from the genetic acceleration. This resulted in stronger and faster natural born children, able to at adulthood, average twice the strength of an ordinary man with training.

cowboy.jpg

Outcasts- Often portrayed as Barbarians and Savages, Outcasts are either pure-bred or cast outs, some having genetic traits tracing back to Native American tribes that lived on a Reservation in the area that is now underwater, which adds to their legendary reputation. Though not all aspects of Outcasts are seen as bad, their women are often prizes among slavers and sought after by men from the city of Mist terrace. Outcasts are more than well known for their improvised weapons and crafting abilities, specializations, and illusive culture. It is believed that as soon as a man from Cold Cape becomes an Outcast, he is entered in a ritual to officially bond him into their culture, which explains why so few children ever venture to Cold Cape. As said, natural borns who were born to native and exile parents are twice as strong as the ordinary man at adult hood.

Barbarian.jpg

Slavers- Slavers are some of the strongest and most evil of the Shelter deserters. Coming from multiple backgrounds, Slavers train vigoriously to acheive and sustain strength and stamina that can outmuster even the militiamen of Cold Cape. They have two main bases, one on the mainland, and one on an island, proving them to be one of the only worth-while sea-fairing civilization, as the others do not use motorized boats, just simple canoes and wind-powered vessels. Slavers are barbaric by reputation, and they do nothing but live up to it, in contrast to Outcasts. Enslaving Outcasts is one of the few dangers, besides wildlife and armed citizens, that slavers face.

slaver.jpg

Villagers- Villagers are non-affiliated civilians, often protected by small gangs and bigwigs that can hold together enough people on a payroll to protect them. Villagers are often either too poor to enter a major town, or too scared.

I've been considering adding Humans with Radiation overdose, thus, extreme mental instability to the mix...

DeletedUser

I think Peril has a point. I'm concerned that we're overdetailing this, and that we don't have much room left for our own imaginations. By the way, I don't think hairy, smelly barbarian women would be so prized by slavers. I think SLavers would prefer the women of Mist Terrace, for a variety of reasons. In fact, Mist Terrace should be a prized target for them, because that would add a new dimension to the Slavers' character, that they desire to bring justice to the snobbish, stuck-up pigs of Mist Terrace. Make them pull the chariots for once!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think Peril has a point. I'm concerned that we're overdetailing this, and that we don't have much room left for our own imaginations. By the way, I don't think hairy, smelly barbarian women would be so prized by slavers. I think SLavers would prefer the women of Mist Terrace, for a variety of reasons. In fact, Mist Terrace should be a prized target for them, because that would add a new dimension to the Slavers' character, that they desire to bring justice to the snobbish, stuck-up pigs of Mist Terrace. Make them pull the chariots for once!

Ehh, we all think too differently. If we have some ground rules laid out beforehand, then we will know actually what we are going to be dealing with and doing. If it's complex, then the chances are that when you read it and get started, you won't be as quick to put it down. I am making it this way so we don't need others all the time, we can post whenever and self-suffice if there is a non-exciting moment going on. That still leaves the whole concept of 'Days' empty, so we need to think about that accordingly. News will travel fast in the area (I'm implementing Radio Towers sooner or later) and specialized buildings (saloons, radio stations, ect.) for maximum playability.

You and Peril need to think of it this way; You two aren't doing the hard work, you just have to read the well-written aspects, and I am making it enjoyable enough to read, and then you will have a good grasp of the game. Everything that occurs will depend on your own real life writing skills, class and colony attributes and the effort of other players. I am just the one who sets it all up, and believe me, it's one hell of a lot more complicated coming up with all this stuff to bring us together than it is to simply read and understand it, so complaining about the complexity is more likely to pull my hairs than to make anything better, I'm working my hind end off not for this RP, not for me, BUT FOR YOU, for your entertainment, and for the better of this Roleplaying community. The different texts and colors help it be readable, making the player make some effort in posting, thus resulting in a more complex post with the added benefits of being readable and different from other posts.

That being said, it's time to go on to the Slavers ideals. :indian:

Now... You have a point there with the Mist Terrace women... But, you've forgotten that the average Outcast woman is often twice as strong as the average woman. So if you are enslaving for a good worker... instead of the other fine reasons for enslaving people... Then the Outcast woman suffices better per person that the, in your opinion, 'stuck up' Mist Terrace women would, no offense for the ladies of the Mist :laugh:

So basically, if you are a work-oriented slaver, then a barbarian woman will be your target, if you're Willie the pimp, then Mist Terrace is your choice... If you want well rounded then Cold Cape is the deal. Or you could just go north like everyone else does and enslave villagers :p

Now enough of this discussion of women slaves, lets talk about men slaves...

Outcast men are the perfect workers, born exiles are more likely to be twice as strong as an average man, thus twice as efficient when doing work, but they are much, much tougher to catch than the average women. Mist Terrace men are both somewhat strong and weak, after all, they still need the working population to function. Cold Cape men are stronger than the slightly strong Mist Terrace men, but the Outcasts could beat one down easy, but they are sort of a challenge.

DeletedUser

I understand that you're working really hard on this, and I think that's awesome. There's nothing wrong with a few ground rules, I just don't want the whole RP to be written before it starts.

DeletedUser

I understand that you're working really hard on this, and I think that's awesome. There's nothing wrong with a few ground rules, I just don't want the whole RP to be written before it starts.

It's alright mate, I'm not by any means writing the entire RP, lol. I'm simply getting all of the info out for the win here. Even though it's post-apocalyptic, it doesn't mean everyone is just leaving their safehouses. It takes place in the 2070's, 56 years or so after the bombs and chemicals went off, and 36 since the Radiation and genetic altering chemicals cleared. I'll give some back ground on that later, maybe, but for now, it's a world where people know about their surroundings. If you can read the information that I post, then as your character, you can read a book written about the wildlife, locations and people.

Now, the Roleplay goal, as far as I have thought ahead, is survival. Slavers, are antagonists, while Outcasts and northern Villagers are neutral, and Mist Terrace & Cold Cape are good. Everyonce in a while (Say a few days or more), a Military caravan travels south on the road to bring supplies to Mist Terrace, so there's something to look forward to regardless your culture.

The markets, stores, and whatnot are just for association, you control what all you do, and the culture helps you determine your abilities. Soon I will write a bit more about each individual culture, the available weapons, basic wealth of the characters in the civilization, and what not, and let the player decide just how they will play things out. And by imposing limits on each civilization, only people dedicated to one of their choice life styles will make the right choice, everyone will go with what they want, the rich Mist Terracer who can buy almost any gun. The Sufficient Cold Cape Towner who lives in a nostalgic Western Based town, limited to guns of an era gone, double action revolvers and Rifles and shotguns. The Outcast with limited access to firearms but an amazing ability to adapt and overcome using improvised and crafted weapons... And the Slavers, who can buy most things they please, but have to live at the expense of others, and in the eyes of everyone as monsters to be hated, Proud or not.

I am considering creating individual threads for the Society pages. But I'll have to get the clear from Lord Regal before I do that, or I could run for Co-Deputy Sheriff next election, Cro doesn't come to Campfire that often, lol.

By creating this RP, I am trying to bring everyone together, and I aim to convince Quaine and Cornnachoz, the newest additions, to join it when it opens so that our community bond can be strengthened.

DeletedUser25825

*Sniff* I didn't see my personal invite to play your game... *Lip quivers slightly as I sniffle again*

I'm of mixed minds about all of the postings to present I think. Personally, I do like to see the groundwork laid out as extensively as it has been, however, it does seem to be getting to the stage that basic understanding has been set forth, is easily available to newcomers and those involved in the story, and maintainable. It seems to me, that you're going to start to lose interest from interested players because they're ready to play now, not when this RP's canon and groundwork has been entirely laid out as you'd like it to be.

So saying, it's not my itention to knock that desire out of you and say, "GO!". You've put a great deal of work into; the setting, what is available in this region of the world weaponry wise and the sustainability there of, some animals that are known to be in the region and can be expected to be encountered, examples of the fauna that are mapped out, pre-established, definitive societies and their motivations, and even machanics of how you'd like to see us post. It's more than I've seen others do in forum RP, and I humbly believe it to be a recipe for success.

You can take this as the grain of sand it is, when I humbly suggest you get some last minute tweaks done up, and let her rip. I believe that those that are already posting here, and those that will join in the future will be entertained. When foibles, oddities, and HUHS? present themselves as game play continues, like any good GM, I'm sure you'll be capable of adding it, or altering it in the existing setting so that interest is maintained and story continues.

To close my long rambling posts, as are my usual and which I apologize for to all, I say so far this looks to be fantastic in my opinion. Job well done. I hope this thread aspires to be one of those talked about campaigns that any role player worth their dice has had about one of their all time favorites.

DeletedUser

Youre right about the long part I didnt have time to read it all.... But yet you are right.

DeletedUser

*Sniff* I didn't see my personal invite to play your game... *Lip quivers slightly as I sniffle again*

I'm of mixed minds about all of the postings to present I think. Personally, I do like to see the groundwork laid out as extensively as it has been, however, it does seem to be getting to the stage that basic understanding has been set forth, is easily available to newcomers and those involved in the story, and maintainable. It seems to me, that you're going to start to lose interest from interested players because they're ready to play now, not when this RP has been entirely laid out as you'd like it to be.

So saying, it's not my itention to knock that desire out of you and say, "GO!". You've put a great deal of work into; the setting, what is available in this region of the world weaponry wise and the sustainability there of, some animals that are known to be in the region and can be expected to be encountered, examples of the fauna that are mapped out, pre-established, definitive societies and their motivations, and even machanics of how you'd like to see us post. It's more than I've seen others do in forum RP, and I humbly believe it to be a recipe for success.

You can take this as the grain of sand it is, when I humbly suggest you get some last minute tweaks done up, and let her rip. I believe that those that are already posting here, and those that will join in the future will be entertained. When foibles, oddities, and HUHS? present themselves as game play continues, like any good GM, I'm sure you'll be capable of adding it, or altering it in the existing setting so that interest is maintained and story continues.

To close my long rambling posts, as are my usual and which I apologize for to all, I say so far this looks to be fantastic in my opinion. Job well done. I hope this thread aspires to be one of those talked about campaigns that any role player worth their dice has had about one of their all time favorites.

Hehe, thanks :D

I guess I could orient this game more like a Kalashnikov rifle, I have everything that's really needed already, so I guess I can just fortify some parts, set up the Rules, and create the threads and it'll be done. Simple and easy to use.

The main Role Play thread features:

The Slaver thread features: Slaver information, base avalible weapons, basic funds information, History, culture, Classes, Slaving information.

The Outcast thread features: Outcast information, village avalible weapons, basic funds information, History, culture, Classes, Crafting information.

The Cold Cape thread features: Cold Cape information, Town avalible weapons, basic funds information, History, Culture, Classes, Ranching information.

The Mist Terrace thread features: Mist Terrace information, City avalible weapons, basic funds information, History, Culture, Classes, Convoy Information.

I'm going to format it in a way good enough to explain the classes, and then link to the cultures. Essentially, any character that can read or speak can know about the other cultures, if you don't want to read about other cultures, then your character can wonder in dismay or ask other characters about stuff and whatnot.

I plan to start this game today or tomorrow.

DeletedUser

I'll just let you know, I don't need convincirng to join this roleplay, it looks like it's going to be super intense, so you can count me in!

DeletedUser

I'll just let you know, I don't need convincirng to join this roleplay, it looks like it's going to be super intense, so you can count me in!

Yay! Hopefully it will be, I've put a lot of work into the map for it so people actually know where they are going to be headed instead of wandering aimlessly down random paths and forests (Wandering aimlessly was something I've always had a problem with... Personally, as I don't do too well unless I can envision a map for the area.)

All that remains is for me to do the 4 Faction threads, Fauna thread, Firearms thread, and City history thread, and right after that I will start the Role Play thread.

There's one problem, What should I name the Role play???

I have a good idea for the name of the area that all of this takes place: Golden Reach... But what should I name the Role play? Golden reach would fit, but is there anything better that you guys could come up with?

DeletedUser

Hmmm, a name you ask. . . . . Well I can't promise anything that you'll think is good but I'll list the best I can come up with!

A New Dawn
A New Golden Dawn (lmao one word change)
Fresh Start
Brand New World
The Worlds Final Chance
Future Gold Rush

. . . . . And those are all the fails I can come up with :-D

But a roleplay that already sounds excellent deserves an excellent name, so choose wisely!!