Submitted Player Status

Shall the idea "YES/NO Looking for a town feature" be sent to the developers?

• Yes, Im looking forward to it.

Votes: 56 82.4%
  • No, leave it as is.

Votes: 12 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

My idea
Every player has a status. This status says whether the player wants to join a town or not. Pretty simple.

How it works
You click the settings sections, click profile and there will be a section for status, a player can set the option to be looking for a town & not looking for a town.
An example:

statussettings.png

Now when you go to invite people to your town you might have something like the following:

statussearch.png

Then after you search you will get results like the following of only people who have the status set to looking for a town, and omitting the ones who don't want to be found.

searchresults.png

Suggestion for how it might also show on the players profile to others searching:

Not looking
Profile1.png

Yes wants to be found
Profile2.png

1TheCool

How this feature helps
I believe that this feature would help massively. It would make it easier to recruit new members to the game, no more replies to recruitment messages such as "Sorry I'm just shopping." It would help populate the towns which means more dueling, more people to help build the town etc. and keep interest in the game to find those who might leave because they weren't invited to a town.

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You got my Vote!

Who couldn't like this Idea? It takes away no rights, and solves a major "Pain" in the game.
(Also stops the hundreds of unsolicited "Join my towns" when you wish to NEVER have a town.)

DeletedUser23359

this is a cool thing!! buddy you got my vote aswell

lol they should even have a ONLINE AND OFFLINE STATUS :)
:indian:

DeletedUser

One of the best ideas I've seen recently.
You got my vote and 5 stars.

DeletedUser

You got my Vote!

Who couldn't like this Idea? It takes away no rights, and solves a major "Pain" in the game.
(Also stops the hundreds of unsolicited "Join my towns" when you wish to NEVER have a town.)

Thank you and thats exactly what it's meant to do :)

this is a cool thing!! buddy you got my vote aswell

lol they should even have a ONLINE AND OFFLINE STATUS :)
:indian:

Thanks, glad you like it but I think the on and offline status would attract much unwanted attention from duelers, hence why it is only available in-town.

One of the best ideas I've seen recently.
You got my vote and 5 stars.

Thank you, glad you like it so much.

Thanks for the support guys.

:cool:

DeletedUser23359

Lol yeahh you got a point there :D
lol no problem overall its a niceee idea im sure the Mods will like it :)

DeletedUser

great idea will help in gathering people a lot.

--------------------
lol i got 2 negatives ones xD
and just because i used capslock for a word !!
:(

lol i got this on unknown post:
N/A 31-05-2010 07:15 PM fake sig

Deleted User - 819397

I think that this would be a good idea...as stated before, it stops the annoying "join my town" PMs that you get regardless of if you're in a town or not, and recruiters don't send PMs out to people who don't want to join (as my town's diplomat I do that a lot to be honest. Very nice idea. :)

DeletedUser

I like it. Obviously, it should disappear when you are actually in a town.

DeletedUser8627

The ideas is cool but you guys also have a personal profile where you can add this text and state you are not looking for a town or even better you are looking for items from specific towns and so forth.

But I'm sure a separate option could be looked into perhaps.

DeletedUser

The ideas is cool but you guys also have a personal profile where you can add this text and state you are not looking for a town or even better you are looking for items from specific towns and so forth.

But I'm sure a separate option could be looked into perhaps.

That is true but any wanderer knows that notes in profiles do not help one bit, you still get countless amounts of unwanted invites. This idea helps by having it right there by the players name and level, which is the first place people look on a profile. It also gives recruiters the option to search for players who are looking for a town.

DeletedUser563

I like the idea. Recruitment is a real bugbear in this game. And there is simply too many towns in this game. I think further they should make creating towns only available to players over a certain level.

DeletedUser

I like it.Particularly handy to many adventurers who tend to stay out of town for a long and get tons of invites.

DeletedUser

You don't got my vot, because it's very easy to edit your profile, and you write "I'M LOOKING" or "I'M NOT LOOKING".

Deleted User - 1278415

As for everyone saying it is easy to just add to your profile.. yes that is the way it should be done currently.

But to look outside of the box and see the recruiting angle of it, and find people who want to be found and to get a granular sort of people your looking for.

I see it being good for the fact that maybe people will not create so many 1 person towns. I think there is an overwhelming newb factor that they dont want to get lost in the collective of a big town or that big town will reject them because they are too low of level, so they create their own 1 man/woman town and farm the land for products.

The downside to this whole idea is, that when you turn that Recruit me Im looking for a town button, then I'd expect you to get inundated/flooded with join our town messages. If this were to ever be implemented, so I'd caution to use it wisely when you do turn the flood gates on.

DeletedUser

You don't got my vot, because it's very easy to edit your profile, and you write "I'M LOOKING" or "I'M NOT LOOKING".
Congrats on your first post, a newby first post at that.
Everybody knows that doesn't work.

The downside to this whole idea is, that when you turn that Recruit me Im looking for a town button, then I'd expect you to get inundated/flooded with join our town messages. If this were to ever be implemented, so I'd caution to use it wisely when you do turn the flood gates on.

Good point. Maybe a limitation on how many invites a player can recieve a day? Set by the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.