Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22685

Thanks b00k. I don't think it would be very hard to implement and would just save unnecessary hassle.

DeletedUser

Maybe you could make a trade system where players posse a offer
a report gets sent the that player and then could press accept or
decline? just a idea

EDIT: If all goes well trading should be in v1.28. However it may not meet what you have described here, please evaluate after 1.28 comes out and resubmit your idea if needed, but in the proper format.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

DEFAULTS! sheesh.

(Yes, I've already whined about defaults before, somewhere, but since the devs obviously don't care, neither do I.)

Given that the purpose of a default is to save the user the hassle of repeatedly keying/mousing a given preference, the defaults in the game -- especially the ones which are used many times every day by virtually all players -- need to be either (a) set to the best choice for all, or else (b) settable by each user.

Currently, even in the brand new 1.27, the job length defaults to 10 minutes. This is utterly asinine. The correct setting is 2 hours.

Currently, even in the brand new 1.27, the town info display defaults to true. This is utterly asinine. The correct setting is false. (This is the info that pops up and covers the bank and the church every time you open your town display.)

Currently, even in the brand new 1.27, the town hotel has no idea which room you will want to book, even though they're all free. This is utterly asinine. The correct setting is the best room available.

Nobody will argue for any other setting (since every other one is so obviously wrong), but someone dense will, as always, want to snark that I'm just lazy and want a "win" button. That person should consider the following:

I play W1-W6 and have leveled all 6 of my chars past level 90.

It's difficult to believe that a computer game company does not know/care what defaults are for, but it's become clear that that must be the case, given the amount of other things they've repeatedly prioritized. All day long, every day, we're forced to fight the interface when doing our daily tasks. This is unacceptable, and I'm about ready to abandon this game I've played many times daily for over a year. I want to fight bad guys, or at least other players via dueling/forts, not the game interface, and I'm sick of waiting for them to figure this out, particularly when it's already been pointed out months (years?) ago.

Argh.

While I'm here... I did spot a couple of other good suggestions as I read through the thread (yeah I read the whole thing) so I'll comment briefly in support of them. There were more, but some have since been incorporated into the game anyway so I will skip those.

when you hover over the job witht the mouse its great to show many labour points you have and what you get but would be nice to see how much motivation you have for the job with out clicking on all the jobs all the time.
I've wanted that for some time. My alternate suggestion is to change the color of the ring around the job icon when the motivation is under 100%; perhaps make it yellow when it's 90-99% and red when it's under 90% (or some other specific percentages; those are just random choices). That way, you could see on the map which jobs you want to look at without even having to mouse over them.

Something i miss is a notice in the town log when a building is completed. It only states how long a certain town member has worked. This way everyone knows where and when to look for new gear etc.
Yep; currently we have to nag builders to announce completions in the town forum. Having this done automagically makes perfect sense.

When in a town store shopping create a space to show what you are wearing. You see everything in your bag but not what you have on. This would keep you from having to open the inventory to make sure you don't double purchase.
Amen! The highlighting, in shop inventories, of items already owned is also a good suggestion in this area.

I suggest that your entire inventory could be shown in one window in the shops, with items currently equipped being highlighted/marked somehow.

have a customizable button which can be set to travel to a location of your choice.
I'd love to have a whole set of these, so that the nearest/best locations for your current best jobs could be "remembered" IG rather than making the user look around for them each time. (This could arguably be classed as "lazy", admittedly. However, real life works this way: we soon learn the routes to the places we visit often. When was the last time you had to use a map to find the way to your local grocery store, or your best friend's house?)

None of these other things is as needed as the correction of the hostile defaults, though. It's appalling that the game interface is still set against us after all this time. :mad:

DeletedUser22685

I agree with the job length one. The hotel I'd like my own town to be default to the highest room available, but foreign hotels to be the janitor's closet. The window blocking the bank and church doesn't really bother me.

The one extra click isn't really fussing me though.

Deleted User - 1278415

Minor change proposal - Since the 1.27 upgraded the fort battles now show a lot of good info, however I suggest changing the time for fort battles to go back to showing our local time and not server time.

Being on a spot in real life at a certain time is critical for fort battles, i can see myself doing math to be sure I'm there at the right time and being off by an hour and getting yelled at cause I wasn't there to general a battle.

They use to have this feature so it shouldn't be too hard to recode.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Even lazier hotel button...
Details of idea: With the new list of assignments on the left panel, I'd like a little button at the bottom of it for a one-click route to my 5* hotel. And/or one for walking home for the bank. Just a little pic of a bed or something that you can click on that automatically queues up sleeping 8 hours as your next assignment.
Reasons for submitting: My computer is slow and loading "town" then "hotel" then "5*" can take a looong time. Also I am lazy and impatient. (Hence the lack of mock-up picture!)

DeletedUser24623

Idea title: Duels in Queue linked to player in question, not just the location.
Details of idea: I want my duels in queue to show WHO it is I have in queue. Now, with 4 duels queued all I know is I have 4 duels queued and how far I have to walk (and which town it's in), but have no idea WHO it is I'm hitting 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Unless I missed something, this needs to be fixed soon; we used to have that prior to the update! I often queue up some duels while I still have a little sleep left, and when I log back in later I have no idea who I queued up to see if they're still awake, if they have the same gear on, etc...
Does it meet the guidelines?: Heck Yea
Has the idea been posted before?: Couldn't find it, lazy eye and all
Reasons for submitting: Absolutely enhances the gameplay

Should be a simple fix so let's hope it's coming. And yeah, yeah, my memory sucks but come on, humor me! :)

DeletedUser

This is a little more builder specific, but when constructing buildings in town or fort, could we a get a hover link that shows which building we have queued. I like to level a building with 100% motivation and I don't want to mistake what I have left to build.

I only have so many braincells left, and I tend to forget what I am building in my queue. :laugh:

DeletedUser24623

Visitor status for town members

Idea title: Allow town members to classed as "Visitor"
Details of idea: We all get shopping requests and more or less let everyone shop in our towns. However, we all also probably wonder about spies wanting to read our forums. If we have a way of classing town members, like we already have for Counselor and Founder, we could simply designate them as Visitor and as such they'd have no access to our forums.:nowink:
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: Not that I know of
Reasons for submitting: Enhances the gameplay

DeletedUser

How about adding a sign post in the bank (Luap Nor already posted this one in a longer post)

It exists for the town, the tailor, the gunsmith, the general store (not needed for church or the hotel because if you're praying or sleeping then you're going there anyway and not needed for the town hall, but it might as well be added to there too if you're checking something and need to return home). Just eliminate a few mouse clicks for those who want to return to their bank to deposit the booty.

As far as the default on the hotel, it should be the largest level in the hotel that is free or the least expensive in a foreign hotel (level 2 for an adventurer, level 4 for a premium adventurer, level 1 for all others in a foreign hotel).

As far as two hours being the default, it appears that feature has been implemented (but I may mistaken on that).

DeletedUser

Idea title: Fort battle online players counter
Details of idea: When battle starts, every1 can see how many of your players are online instead of counting them manually, this really shouldnt be a problem to develop.

DeletedUser

I do not know if it has been suggested, I hope this be a minor suggestion.

But there should be a slight variation in the skills that give certain items. For example, Gray and Brown riding boots give the same number and the same skills, and so are some other items.

Therefore, it is the same as having one of these items, as with other items, you can unlock or do a job wearing a Brown X and other work with a black X.

Notice you the cotton shoes, the main skill is stamina but between gray, brown, black and fancy, vary the other skills, not repetitive.

DeletedUser21689

Once you've achieved the top of a list in skills, i,e Strength, Setting traps. How about a nugget bonus. If you manage to keep the top spot for a week continuous you get another bonus. Just a thought really, however it seems a shame that when you put all that effort in you don't get anything for it.

DeletedUser21689

Trying to find out if your building motivation is back up to 100%. Atm you click on town hall them which ever building then construct. Only then you find out if your back up to 100%. Is there any other way to find out which is shorter? I first clink on prayer then go through the rest, if i'm not at 100% i then cancel everything:(

DeletedUser21689

How about a medal for staying overnight in every square on a world. I've done this on w10 during duelling walkabouts.

DeletedUser

Some guys like to stay greenhorn long after level 10 because of the speed bonus.

How about just changing the picture for a level 10 greenhorn? Because the current one looks like a cross-eyed maniac. Make it a generic cowboy of some sort.

And give him a generic label, such as "dilettante" or "drifter."

DeletedUser

Idea: Highlighting closest enemy in fort battle
Details: In battle, when you are setting your target to move somewhere, you can see your closest target/targets highlighted...

DeletedUser

I think It would be really Cool if we , The ACTIVE MEMBERS in a FIght should be able to choose our targets if they are in sight each 1 miniute interval... Or whatever the time interval is... :)

If I was active in a REAL fight, I know Id be CHOOSING My ATTACKS not only, as well as my Defencive moves, And SHOOT at whoever I want to if im active, and not just whos Closest to me ! :-/ Inactive players, when they position if they plan to be inactive, SHould also be able to plan who they will taget on their first shot. This would allow players hiding behind others COWARDLY, to GET TARGETED, DOWN WITH THE COWARDS HIDING IN THE BACK!

In saying this, I think we should not only be able to choose our movments each round; In Fort Battles, But also be able to choose our targets if they are in sight of us...

DeletedUser

I think It would be really Cool if we , The ACTIVE MEMBERS in a FIght should be able to choose our targets if they are in sight each 1 miniute interval... Or whatever the time interval is... :)

If I was active in a REAL fight, I know Id be CHOOSING My ATTACKS not only, as well as my Defencive moves, And SHOOT at whoever I want to if im active, and not just whos Closest to me ! :-/ Inactive players, when they position if they plan to be inactive, SHould also be able to plan who they will taget on their first shot. This would allow players hiding behind others COWARDLY, to GET TARGETED, DOWN WITH THE COWARDS HIDING IN THE BACK!

In saying this, I think we should not only be able to choose our movments each round; In Fort Battles, But also be able to choose our targets if they are in sight of us...

This is horrible. A real good fort fighter always knows how to position himself to be able to deal damage every round and stay away from his opponents. You basically destroy the mechanisms of a fort battle. People will always shoot the leaders first, the best fort fighters and then continue with picking off the rest, leaving no one able to survive.

The idea is beyond horrible and it is not minor. It has already been brought up and we don't like it. You can start a new thread for it, so more people can shoot it down.

Deleted User - 1278415

Eactly "The best fort fighters always pick off the easiest" based on the fact that everyone with knowldege nowadays in this system can predict their placement easily enough and move around easily enough... BUT!

Oh, and the last guy is Quoting things that have nothing to do with my last post, and his quotes arent related to mine...

Well obviously you need to make a new topic Dalorian, you need to take this major idea out of the minor idea.

I liked the Minor idea of changing the pic of the crazy eyed greenhorn. Maybe some new greenhorn pics, it might get some new intrest. Im sure everyone who starts this game on lv1 for the first time is disillusioned by the fact they cant choose the other 4 character pics yet.

So lets get the Asian crowd involved, Lets get the hobo campfire peeps in, lets see if the Devs can make 6 more greenhorn pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.