Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15169

I want to put up a minor idea, letting other people see dueling reports from one world in another world. What I mean by this is that someone in world 8 dueled me and won by very little damage (20 damage difference!), and I wanted to show someone on world 12 the close duel.

I managed to copy and paste the URL fine, and then I pasted it on the telegram that I was going to send to the guy I wanted to show on world 12. When I previewed it it looked fine, like it was going to work. But then I clicked it and it said that the duel report didn't exist. I can see why they did this, so that you can't like intimidate someone on another world thats new by showing him a duel report from another world or something like that, but I think it can be fixed in an easy way.

At the bottom of the report, if it is from another world, it would say so in big, bold letters. So it would look like a regular dueling report, but it would lets say if you put it from world 8 to 12 it would say REPORT FROM WORLD 8 on the bottom of the report when I opened it on world 12. If I opened it on world 8, the same world, it wouldn't say that since it's on the same world.

Ive been thinking the exact same thing, why cant the reports be across any world? Well thought Train Robber :nowink::ph34r:

DeletedUser

uh... i browsed the thread and didn't see it here so here goes .....

when the server goes down, then gets fixed and rebooted, somehow make it so your character continues where left off, i.e., if you are dueling and have 5mins 36secounds left & the server goes down - when the server comes up you are at 5,mins 36 seconds still and continue from there.

this would apply to fort battles, assignments, duels traveling everything that can be qued.......

1) there would be less of a reason for premium players to fell wronged by loss of time-- as reported in several forum post about the server problems.

2) pick everything up where it left off , that way there's no more (completely)auto-fort battles and ko's because of standing around town after a four hour server down cause its 3am and the real person goes to bed lololol:ph34r:

DeletedUser

suggestion-rise the % luck for Adventurer b/c with holiday set other classes can almost get the same bonus. make it 16% so it is 10% higher then others.
posted before- not as far as i know
guideline- yes
reason- other classes can get 6% luck with holiday set. and if you make it 16% it will be 10% higher as it was before.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fort Battle: Rally Point
Fort general has ability to set up 3 rally points visible to battle participants that are on general's side. Rally points could be visible as colored flags (red, green, blue etc...) or as numbers.
Point of rally point is simple: to make it easier to fort general to explain where he wants his comrades to go.

Idea submitted in Minor Ideas #4

DeletedUser

Fort Battle: Rally Point
Fort general has ability to set up 3 rally points visible to battle participants that are on general's side. Rally points could be visible as colored flags (red, green, blue etc...) or as numbers.
Point of rally point is simple: to make it easier to fort general to explain where he wants his comrades to go.

I like this one. Would make sure people go where they should.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Duel Mouseover Popup

Details of idea: What I want is when I hover over a duel, to see more information about the duel itself. Basically what every soldier wants to know except for how much cash he earned is how much he got damaged, and if he scored a KO. Oh and of course, earned experience.

Visual Aid:

duelreport.jpg

DeletedUser10077

Fort Overview

Just a quick thought.........

The fort overview shows the amount of time left before current fort battles start. How about also showing the travelling time to each fort on this page instead of having to click on each fort to see how far we have to travel. This could help us make quick decisions on which battle to attend.

m.j;)

DeletedUser

Idea title: Fort's Battle History 'Fix'.

Details of idea: Currently you can click on any fort and click on the graveyard to see a history of all fort battles that have occurred there in the past 6 months. What is very misleading is that any towns that have had their name changed, or even gone abandoned, and then been taken by someone else, with a new name, appear to have been the one's who attacked/defended in previous fort battles. I would like to see the original towns name there if possible.

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No

Reasons for submitting: Forts are becoming more and more a diplomatic point of interest, both for 'claiming' territory, and forging, and in some cases, breaking alliances or NAP's or whatever. I've had several scenarios on one of my worlds, where other players have accused me/my town of initiating fort battles on people and 'stealing' forts, just because the previous town that owned it, abondoned by our alliance at some point, now appears to be unrelated to us. When in actual fact we were only taking back what was once ours.

Red Falcon

Revising the e-mail system...

Idea title: Revision/Changes to the e-mail system
Details of idea: This idea is to make things on The West such as password recovery and e-mail validation simpler. A captcha and/or security question could be introduced in the event that someone forgot their password or they are somehow unable to receive the official validation e-mail. A link or the name of the system message e-mail address The West uses would also be a good addition.
Visual Aid: None.
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: Some e-mail and/or Internet services have shoddy spam filters, which automatically deletes important e-mails such as activation e-mails or password recovery e-mails. It does this because the spam filter is not smart enough and it apparently "thinks" such important e-mails as these are spam when they are not. This happened to me once and it also very recently happened to my friend, and she had to start her game all over simply because she was unable to receive her validation e-mail due to the shoddy AOL or should I say AOHell spam filter.

(tumble)

DeletedUser

Idea Title: Experience Ranking Link in Player's Profile

Details of idea: Some players, as we all know have difficult to remember names and typing those in the rankings can be a hassle, so why not just put an link in the player's profile that directs to show him in the experience ranks???

How it works: If you click the rankings link in the player's profile, that opens the Rankings screen, with the player's name and position in the experience ranks shown highlighted. Then if you click the Duel ranks, that shows the player's position in the duel ranks, if you click the Towns rank, that shows his town's position in the ranks but if he doesn't have a town, it directs you to your own town's ranking. Clicking the Skills ranking should only show the top 15 players and your own rankings. And the Hall of fame will only show the Hall of Famers.

Visual Aid:

Frag.jpg

DeletedUser

Idea title: Banking Fees and the Treasury.

Details of idea: Whenever I bank my money, a small portion goes to the treasury as a fee. Well this should be counted towards everyone's contribution to the town. So, the fees I pay should be marked as contributions in the "Town Treasury" table in Town Hall/Residents.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Link for hotel sleepenig
Current Work-ground: There is only the note You are sleeping. If you don't belong to a town, then threre is no quick way to centre your position
The Idea: Make it to a link ( You are sleeping /town name) and when you click on it you see the town you have queued to sleep in you work list
Visual Aid: It should look just like link for jobs

DeletedUser

Idea Title: Changing what the Confederate Flag product looks like

Details of idea: The Confederate flag in the game looks like this
flag_south.png

... but it should look like this
images

Reason: This Confederate flag version is more symbolic and also much more iconic.

Deleted User - 1278415

Idea Title: Changing what the Confederate Flag product looks like

Details of idea: The Confederate flag in the game looks like this
flag_south.png

... but it should look like this
images

Reason: This Confederate flag version is more symbolic and also much more iconic.

True but the flag already in the game is based on the 1st Confederate flag from 1861.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America

as for the Union flag in the game it looks incorrect, as it looks like this:
flag_north.png

the closest thing I could find to it was something of a 34 star design mixed with a 35 star flag that had the corner stars,

http://www.loeser.us/flags/civil.html

I dont think the developers know what the stars mean and how proud the U.S. citizens are of our flag history. We still proudly display the Confederate flag even though it's a sign of being a rebel that broke free of the union.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Fort Traitor privileges
Details of idea: When you select someone as a traitor he doesn't take part in the battle but he can see the chat where you plan everything and can see where the players stand. He shouldn't be able to see both or it's a useless rank. You may say that if the fort isn't full he will take part in the battle, but even in that case, the chat is to help the generals, so he shouldn't be able at least to see the chat.
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reasons for submitting: it was submitted in the greek forum here and it is just common sense.

Deleted User - 1278415

Suggestion to change the image for the Fancy shoes to include a fancy glow around the shoes, so it matches the rest of the Fancy items in the game.

edeleschoenenplaatje.jpg

Reason: It is confusing to know if you are wearing Charlatan shoes or Fancy shoes. Both shoes are popular to have due to them being part of sets and used on many jobs.

This also brings continuity to the game of keeping with the pattern of having a white glow around the fancy items only and keeps the developers from having to create a new image for the Fancy shoes rather than add the yet missing glow that should have been around them.

Problems this creates: Im unsure how websites link to images if they copy them on to their own servers or if they direct link to the West for the images, but those sites would need to update thier stuff if need be.

idea was submitted to ideas and brainfarts and no know issues were thought of.

Has the idea been submitted to the devs: didnt see any evidence...but there are a lot of ideas here.

DeletedUser

Spam

How about disabling telegrams for anyone under level 3. That would make it a lot more inconvenient for spammers to reach us; and let's face it, no one wants to hear from that low of a player anyways.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser

At the top of the chat screen their are several buttons which in order of left to right will transport your screen view to yourself, your town, if applicable your fort/s and a button to show the map. Now my suggestion- useful as it may be it also may be difficult to run - is to have a customizable button which can be set to travel to a location of your choice. This could be allied or shopping towns, forts with battles you hope to attend or even dueling target towns though im sure there are many more possibilities. Now im aware that it might be difficult with every player changing there location and and as im not much on computing i wouldnt know how difficult this could be. But if its realistic i believe it could be a great idea for the future.

I hope you like my idea and dont be afraid to say so!

P.S like the fort overview button it could be brought in at a certain level or at the very least be a premium feature.

Proper Format: (sorry)

Idea title: Customizable Button
Details of idea: At the top of the chat screen their are several buttons which in order of left to right will transport your screen view to yourself, your town, if applicable your fort/s and a button to show the map. Now my suggestion- useful as it may be it also may be difficult to run - is to have a customizable button which can be set to travel to a location of your choice. This could be allied or shopping towns, forts with battles you hope to attend or even dueling target towns though im sure there are many more possibilities. Now im aware that it might be difficult with every player changing there location and and as im not much on computing i wouldnt know how difficult this could be. But if its realistic i believe it could be a great idea for the future.
Visual Aid:
- This obviously isnt what i expect it to look like once finished,(my artistic skill isnt really what most would call 'existent') but this is the basic idea. I also decided on the magnifying class as its pretty general use. Url: http://www.flickr.com/photos/48248763@N04/4684524547/
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No (i think?)
Reasons for submitting: It makes several functions easier and will make the game more convenient and cut down on many tiresome tasks.

How about disabling telegrams for anyone under level 3. That would make it a lot more inconvenient for spammers to reach us; and let's face it, no one wants to hear from that low of a player anyways.:rolleyes:

Good idea, although its a little disabling for the people who really need but i suppose those levels go really quickly and it wouldnt just cut advertisers it would also be effective at cutting lots of pestering n00bs.

Suggestion to change the image for the Fancy shoes to include a fancy glow around the shoes, so it matches the rest of the Fancy items in the game.

edeleschoenenplaatje.jpg

Reason: It is confusing to know if you are wearing Charlatan shoes or Fancy shoes. Both shoes are popular to have due to them being part of sets and used on many jobs.

This also brings continuity to the game of keeping with the pattern of having a white glow around the fancy items only and keeps the developers from having to create a new image for the Fancy shoes rather than add the yet missing glow that should have been around them.

Problems this creates: Im unsure how websites link to images if they copy them on to their own servers or if they direct link to the West for the images, but those sites would need to update thier stuff if need be.

idea was submitted to ideas and brainfarts and no know issues were thought of.

Has the idea been submitted to the devs: didnt see any evidence...but there are a lot of ideas here.

Also agree with this. Well said.

DeletedUser22685

Report Sharing Changes

I may just be lazy, but I find that it is an unnecessary hassle to change every report that you want to share's access restrictions to "Town". Couldn't they automatically be so everyone can see them? I mean, if you are trying to post them, you obviously want other people to see them, and if you're posting in the town forum, it's only town members that will be able to see it anyway.

If there is some reason for these restriction levels that I am missing here, can there at least be an option to set your default to "Everyone" or at least "Town"?

DeletedUser

I absolutely agree with you futurama! All reports should be set to Town. As long as you do not post them in your forum, all reports are private regardless of how you set them. And if you post them on the forum it means that those reports need to bet set at least to Town.

Status
Not open for further replies.