Update to 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser14029

I seriously hope they're not getting players any 'Damage-Bonus Ammo' or 'Damage-Increase Shooting Styles', that's just forcing everybody to 'be good, play Soldier, buy all Premiums so that you even have a chance of winning, and make sure you don't be a tank who seldoms buy Prem and we will go bankrupt' :mad:

DeletedUser

hmmm strange thing to do messing with the prem' automation imo
8 slots with prem' ?
24 energy per 1hr work (150 energy total to start)
you end up with a spare slot with 1 sleep set

something maybe lost in translation here?
As per usual we wait and see :(

DeletedUser544

Characters are capped, not players. I'm sure there will be a World 13.

for one, who are you? some noob who just joined yesterday?
all new players who are happy, I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK
so do not come on here and try to make the point to me that you "like the updates" and don't see "how they are bad"
and especially do NOT come on here and tell me "you can always start a new character"

I am a player who is capped because I REFUSE to delete my lvl99 character and start over

I am a player who has a lvl99 character and has NO INTEREST in giving up all the time and premium money I have invested in that character to start in world 13
so when I say "players are capped" I mean it
people who have played this game for the last 2 years and paid premium are expected to DELETE their character because the devs put an arbitrary level cap (which they NEVER even explained why they did it to anyone) on everyone. well sorry, this game is not THAT cool and I am not going to start over so I can play 2 more years to get right back to where I am now

DeletedUser

for one, who are you? Some noob who just joined yesterday?
All new players who are happy, i do not care what you think
so do not come on here and try to make the point to me that you "like the updates" and don't see "how they are bad"
and especially do not come on here and tell me "you can always start a new character"

i am a player who is capped because i refuse to delete my lvl99 character and start over

i am a player who has a lvl99 character and has no interest in giving up all the time and premium money i have invested in that character to start in world 13
so when i say "players are capped" i mean it
people who have played this game for the last 2 years and paid premium are expected to delete their character because the devs put an arbitrary level cap (which they never even explained why they did it to anyone) on everyone. Well sorry, this game is not that cool and i am not going to start over so i can play 2 more years to get right back to where i am now

you tell him! :)

DeletedUser

Once again the Devs are screwing with long established players. This new premium thing sucks
The 1.27 update is Messing with MY RL. It was nice to be able to set 14 hrs worth of Work and sleep and go about My day with out having to run back to the computer to see if i need to put work in or not...
I started this game when there were only 4 worlds, Did not mind some of the updates But the Newest batch is not about making the game better as i see it But more about the Berni Madoffs of the world.

I am outraged that the Devs at Inno are again going to take a Perfectly Great Game and turn it into a Tribal Wars thing . where either you are online 24/7 and your stress factor rises because you are so worried about losing all you have.
For the Older crowd (ie: 40+ yrs. young) this Is going to make this game Obsolete and we may have to find something else that can fit into our schedules

DeletedUser

At the end of the day, players will never have the same vision for the game as the developers do. For many game creators, it's a labour of love, they have a vision and they'll move the game forwards in the way that they deem best for its overall development.

Sure they want to make a bit of money, after all, it's their job! Plus they work hard and put hours into giving us something that we can all enjoy, if there was no cash incentive for them at the end of the day, then they probably wouldn't have done such a great job as they have!

DeletedUser

for one, who are you? some noob who just joined yesterday?
all new players who are happy, I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU THINK
and especially do NOT come on here and tell me "you can always start a new character"

I am a player who is capped because I REFUSE to delete my lvl99 character and start over

I am a player who has a lvl99 character and has NO INTEREST in giving up all the time and premium money I have invested in that character to start in world 13
so when I say "players are capped" I mean it
people who have played this game for the last 2 years and paid premium are expected to DELETE their character because the devs put an arbitrary level cap (which they NEVER even explained why they did it to anyone) on everyone. well sorry, this game is not THAT cool and I am not going to start over so I can play 2 more years to get right back to where I am now
Honey, your attitude sux. You don't care for others, well, I assure you others don't care for you.

To others who're not nervous...
1 hour will mean 24 energy minus, so playing the game in 1.27 world should look like this:
- do jobs and/or fight till your energy is zero
- sleep 8 hours in a hotel
- repeat the process

I don't see anything bad in this, you'll be able to do more things in a shorter time, besides hotels will not be almost useless building anymore.
And I like it.

I'll never understand *****ing about new game additions just because one is level 99 in w1 - if devs promised that the level cap will be removed till the end of this year, then it will be removed.

Diggo11

Once again the Devs are screwing with long established players. This new premium thing sucks
The 1.27 update is Messing with MY RL. It was nice to be able to set 14 hrs worth of Work and sleep and go about My day with out having to run back to the computer to see if i need to put work in or not...
I started this game when there were only 4 worlds, Did not mind some of the updates But the Newest batch is not about making the game better as i see it But more about the Berni Madoffs of the world.

I am outraged that the Devs at Inno are again going to take a Perfectly Great Game and turn it into a Tribal Wars thing . where either you are online 24/7 and your stress factor rises because you are so worried about losing all you have.
For the Older crowd (ie: 40+ yrs. young) this Is going to make this game Obsolete and we may have to find something else that can fit into our schedules
Actually, premium players can still set six hours work and sleep at a time, increasing a day's productivity. This also means you can come back many hours later, cancel the sleep and fit a few more jobs in, alot more productivity for absolutely minimal additional effort.

Non premium players also have a fairly good improvement. Now they can schedule two hours work (four old hours) and then sleep for two hours. Every four hours you just come back and cancel, basically no energy is lost all day for absolutely no additional effort, also increasing productivity. You also have the option to set three hours work and sleep at the end of the day.

Everybody wins.

DeletedUser

Hey :x

Honey, your attitude sux. You don't care for others, well, I assure you others don't care for you.

To others who're not nervous...
1 hour will mean 24 energy minus, so playing the game in 1.27 world should look like this:
- do jobs and/or fight till your energy is zero
- sleep 8 hours in a hotel
- repeat the process

I don't see anything bad in this, you'll be able to do more things in a shorter time, besides hotels will not be almost useless building anymore.
And I like it.

I'll never understand *****ing about new game additions just because one is level 99 in w1 - if devs promised that the level cap will be removed till the end of this year, then it will be removed.

WHOA! you cant just come here and say their attitude sucks! roland represents many players views who might be the same and you cant go around saying stuff like this.

it isnt fair to other players including yourself and your views

DeletedUser

Oh yes I can. While I've explained what does the change mean for all players that are not level 99, he "attacked" another player just because level cap ain't removed yet. And IMO that kind of behavior simply suck. How can another player be guilty that someone else is level 99?
Is it so hard to be polite and tell devs that level cap should be lifted if not in 1.27 then at least in 1.28? No, it's easier to come here and insult other players. That kind of attitude regardless who shows it makes me sick.

DeletedUser544

Oh yes I can. While I've explained what does the change mean for all players that are not level 99, he "attacked" another player just because level cap ain't removed yet. And IMO that kind of behavior simply suck. How can another player be guilty that someone else is level 99?

um, no you can't. obviously you do not take the time to READ anything that has been said. new players love to come on here and tell us older players to shut up and stop whining about the updates
my post was to let anyone know, who wanted to come tell me that this update is "fair" and happened to be a new character, to just not even bother because I am not going to split hairs with new players about why this treatment is unfair to lvl99 capped players like myself and others
play this game for 2 years and spend money on premium, then watch your character get capped at lvl99 for no reason, and see how happy you are about it ok? once that happens, then you can come talk to me and argue with me about why these updates are good and for the best of the game

Is it so hard to be polite and tell devs that level cap should be lifted if not in 1.27 then at least in 1.28? No, it's easier to come here and insult other players. That kind of attitude regardless who shows it makes me sick.

please tell me, who did I insult?
I simply directed any noob players to not even bother arguing with me, because I am so sick of hearing the same stupid things

"why don't you start a new character" - because I spent 2 years and lots of money on THIS character and don't feel I should have to just lose all of that because of an arbitrary level cap

"oh don't worry they'll lift the cap eventually" - are YOU capped? because if you aren't capped, you have NO RIGHT to make light of our plight, because we can't earn XP, and you can. do you understand that? WE CANNOT GAIN LEVELS, AND YOU CAN!

"why should Inno focus only on the old players" - none of us are saying Inno should focus on us, but we don't expect to be thrown under the bus and ignored either considering that the-west's current success is DIRECTLY THANKS to the past 2yrs of support that all of us older players have provided to this game both in terms of premium income and website hits

you insulted me, by telling me my "attitude sux"
why does my attitude "sux" (lol)? cuz I don't agree with you? well sorry, that is not how correct and incorrect are defined; this is called a "conflict of opinion" and the fact is, NOBODY WINS because we each have our OWN OPINION
so once again, HUN, take the time to read EVERYTHING before you butt your nose into this and make some comments that, by and large, illustrate your ignorance of reality

Actually, premium players can still set six hours work and sleep at a time, increasing a day's productivity. This also means you can come back many hours later, cancel the sleep and fit a few more jobs in, alot more productivity for absolutely minimal additional effort.

provided you can sit around your house all day, logging into the-west every hour
those of us who have jobs, and like to set our guy up for a day's work while we are at work (the entire niche of a browser game) are now screwed
here's what I don't get, why did you guys do it? what FLAW or ERROR in the current work system caused you to have to do this? what "votes" passed where people were asking for this? why was this more important then the 2009 updates that people have been asking for over the past year?
can't you make up some b.s. reason at least so its not so blatantly obvious that you guys did this just to get more premium money out of people?

Non premium players also have a fairly good improvement. Now they can schedule two hours work (four old hours) and then sleep for two hours. Every four hours you just come back and cancel, basically no energy is lost all day for absolutely no additional effort, also increasing productivity. You also have the option to set three hours work and sleep at the end of the day.

the way I see it, non-premium players can now queue up only 3hrs instead of 4, meaning once again unless you are on the-west 24/7, you will see less daily productivity because of this, not more because most of us can't login every hour to queue up another job

Everybody wins.

no, InnoGames wins. and new players just starting win. everyone else who has supported Inno and played and paid this game for the past two years lose in a real horrible way and the fact that none of you will acknowledge this is going to eventually kill the-west I think

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

Let me put here what I put in the Saloon:
You're looking at it the wrong way ;)

Let's take an average working joe. They can log in once when they arrive at work, once at lunch and say once before they leave for home.

Old

Time: 09:00
Start: 100 Energy
Schedule: 4 hours (52 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 64 Energy & 4 Productivity

Time: 13:00
Start: 64 Energy
Schedule: 4 hours (12 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 24 Energy & 8 Productivity

Time: 17:00
Start: 24 Energy
Schedule: 2 hours + sleep (0 Energy)
Final: 10 hours ~ 100 Energy & 10 Productivity

New (Hotel)

Schedule: 2 hours + 2 hours 5 star sleep (52 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 83 Energy & 4 Productivity

Start: 83 Energy
Schedule: 2 hours + 2 hours 5 star sleep (35 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 66 Energy & 8 Productivity

Start: 66 Energy
Schedule: 2 hours + sleep (26 Energy)
Final: 10 hours ~ 100 Energy & 12 Productivity

New (Barracks)

Schedule: 2 hours + 2 hours 6 star sleep (52 Energy)
End: 4 hours ~ 88 Energy & 4 Productivity

Start: 88 Energy
Schedule: 3 hours + 1 hour idle
End: 4 hours ~ 28 Energy & 10 Productivity

Start: 28 Energy
Schedule: 1 hours + sleep (4 Energy)
Final: 9 hours ~ 100 Energy & 12 Productivity

More productivity, same time frame.
Nobody loses, nobody has to log in more frequently, everybody wins. Reason for all this change: after the bank update no-one carried any money, a real problem for duellers. Answer: boost productivity of workers so they always carry 2x more cash on them. And as far as I'm aware level 99s still work or duel, so they still benefit cash wise and for workers luck wise. The level cap will be removed once the devs have supporting game mechanics in place, and remembering game mechanics are interwoven like an ecosystem, this is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3543

I like the new updates on some of the worlds I play.

It will allow me too :

1. set two hours work, and a fort sleep
2. go out and play golf
3. come back a few hours later and have four old hours worth of money / xp and replenished energy.

good for me, great for my golf swing :)

DeletedUser14029

Handy for me in a way I can do more jobs a day by sleeping in Barracks...

and as joe ackert said earlier, higher chance for me to find Note Part 1 :)

DeletedUser544

Handy for me in a way I can do more jobs a day by sleeping in Barracks...

and as joe ackert said earlier, higher chance for me to find Note Part 1 :)

just make sure you find it before you hit lvl99
because once you do, your luck drop rates go through the toilet

DeletedUser544

oh definitely Derek
I think there was even a discussion in the saloon (public forums) awhile back but that may have been moved or deleted

I have spoken to a few of my other friends about this too and there is a very noticeable trend once a player reaches lvl99, regarding the frequency and quality of their luck drops

DeletedUser14006

I have received maybe one or two items in the past month from ambush stagecoach and the rest has been all parcels!!!

DeletedUser

V1.27 , reckon we should celebrate? when it comes to world 1 due too some nice changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.