Fort Stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

If i read correctly, the "Help" said that fort shops could have interesting things to purchase, where are they?

DeletedUser

I ask this, because we've since had about 3 more updates, and, why wouldn't they have put the stores in there with the forts in the beginning?

DeletedUser

I would not expect this to happen any time soon. Could be a month, a year, or two. I haven't even heard anyone mention fort shops being finally added.

DeletedUser

The devs don't know what to do with them. They don't want to make them like regular shops, or just put some new items in it, because then it wouldn't be special enough...

DeletedUser

They'll probably wait until we've all found all of the things you can get in fort battles, then they'll set up a store with all the things we've already got.

DeletedUser

Can't do anything anymore? Just cause you don't get experience, it doesn't mean you can't do anything anymore. All the buttons are still there. The only change is: you don't grow. How is that all? The game is all about leveling up? Is all about experience?
Is depressing, yes, but not everything in this game. I still find items during jobs, I still enjoy dueling and ko-ing players, thus increasing my duel stats and get medals, I can still go to fort fights and do high damage and be proud of my 3rd place on west fort stats for world 2.
And as it says in the Roadmap, the fact that they are announced and worked on, doesn't mean they will definitely be implemented in the game. It all depends on how the features work on Beta. Want to have fun? Go on Beta. Want to see why some things will not be implemented? Try them on Beta.
And as far as I know the duel on spot was announced in the Roadmap (so is not "other update") and many players were waiting for the feature to be put in.

DeletedUser544

Can't do anything anymore? Just cause you don't get experience, it doesn't mean you can't do anything anymore. All the buttons are still there. The only change is: you don't grow. How is that all? The game is all about leveling up? Is all about experience?
Is depressing, yes, but not everything in this game. I still find items during jobs, I still enjoy dueling and ko-ing players, thus increasing my duel stats and get medals, I can still go to fort fights and do high damage and be proud of my 3rd place on west fort stats for world 2.
And as it says in the Roadmap, the fact that they are announced and worked on, doesn't mean they will definitely be implemented in the game. It all depends on how the features work on Beta. Want to have fun? Go on Beta. Want to see why some things will not be implemented? Try them on Beta.
And as far as I know the duel on spot was announced in the Roadmap (so is not "other update") and many players were waiting for the feature to be put in.

seriously I"m getting tired of you following me from thread to thread to argue your "pro noob updates" agenda
this is about the fort stores
NOTHING you said has anything to do with fort stores
you are off topic
so shut up, or post on topic its that simple ok?
I'm not going to keep trying to convince some noob player who is happy to see everyone capped at lvl99 why its a rip off and unfair to those players who played and paid for 2years to get to lvl99

DeletedUser

If it's all so horrible, why don't you go find another way to spend your spare time?

Duduie isn't the only one tired of reading your constant flow of negativity. Honestly, if things have taken such a turn for the worse, why are you still around?

DeletedUser

If it's all so horrible, why don't you go find another way to spend your spare time?

Duduie isn't the only one tired of reading your constant flow of negativity. Honestly, if things have taken such a turn for the worse, why are you still around?
My guess is that he is here to complain. Now I gave him my reply into a red rep he got for his part of the off topic (pointing his finger at me for that LOL).

Here's my part on fort stores: since they need to figure out what kind of items can be sold in fort stores, they won't come out just yet, but hopefully when they will, we will be able to trade. This is one of the features I am looking forward to see. Being 99 is not all that boring as he makes it sound like. If it was that bad, all 99'ers would just quit.

DeletedUser15747

To be honest Duduie, most do!

At least 50% quit when they reach level 99 and that can sometimes mean 20+???
On World 2, there are like 3 active people on the top page probably!

DeletedUser

If they were inactive, their accounts would have been deleted by now. Smoony was the first one to reach level 99 on w2 and she is 99 since the beginning of october 2009. I believe her account would have been deleted by now if she didn't play anymore, along with the others. Just look in the hall of fame! They are still there, still kicking and I can name more than 3 that are still very active.

DeletedUser10707

I would not say they are active. More like dormant. They log in enough to ensure they don't lose the account.

DeletedUser

the answer is, they are going to continue doing other updates, changing this game until it no longer resembles what most of us played the past two years
and they will never introduce the fort shops
even though they were on the 2009 Roadmap last year
why are the developers working on new random features when their is a backlog of features from LAST YEAR that were promised us and have since gone ignored?
forts are a huge joke because of this
and how many of us stuck around and kept playing this game because they got excited about forts, and fort shops, and other promises made that now get passed over so we can have an overhaul of the workers and duelers system, ostensibly to make NEW PLAYERS pay more money on premium (forget about the older lvl99 capped players who can't do anything anymore)

Seriously, Roland, I haven't heard you say one positive thing since i joined the forum, everywhere you go you bring a dismal cloud of negativity and do it with essay-long rants about how aweful or how terribe something is or how pathetic someone else is while glorifying yourself to some extent. I honestly can't believe you still play this game or post in these forums when you seem to hate it more than physically possible.

DeletedUser

Seriously, Roland, I haven't heard you say one positive thing since i joined the forum, everywhere you go you bring a dismal cloud of negativity and do it with essay-long rants about how aweful or how terribe something is or how pathetic someone else is while glorifying yourself to some extent. I honestly can't believe you still play this game or post in these forums when you seem to hate it more than physically possible.

You will know the feeling when you have been playing for two years, paying premium and all that stuff and all for what ? To get a pointless level cap which kills your gameplay ? (0 xp in duels, battles, jobs, etc...)

DeletedUser

You will know the feeling when you have been playing for two years, paying premium and all that stuff and all for what ? To get a pointless level cap which kills your gameplay ? (0 xp in duels, battles, jobs, etc...)
But tell me, why do you still play? I know you have your reasons. I can't believe this thread turned into a level cap complaint thread.
I am level 99 for a while now. I got to level 99 before the daily bonus was in, so I never used it. I did enjoy fort battles and I still enjoy them.
Experience is not everything. You still find items during jobs, can still enjoy ko-ing the enemy and can still be proud of doing the highest damage in a battle. The only thing changed is the race to a new level.
I am actually waiting for some to get in my dueling range.
Yeah, it is depressing to see a big fat 0 with each report and each quest, but hey, look at the bright side too. We do have reasons to play, find them and remind yourself of them once in a while.
And the cap is not FOREVER. It will be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

But tell me, why do you still play? I know you have your reasons. I can't believe this thread turned into a level cap complaint thread.
I am level 99 for a while now. I got to level 99 before the daily bonus was in, so I never used it. I did enjoy fort battles and I still enjoy them.
Experience is not everything. You still find items during jobs, can still enjoy ko-ing the enemy and can still be proud of doing the highest damage in a battle. The only think chanced is the race to a new level.
I am actually waiting for some to get in my dueling range.
Yeah, it is depressing to see a big fat 0 with each report and each quest, but hey, look at the bright side too. We do have reasons to play, find them and remind yourself of them once in a while.
And the cap is not FOREVER. It will be removed.

I still playing for the simply reason I am not level 99 yet. My main target is to be lvl 99 and when I achieve it there won't be much to do.

For all the things you listed I agree (KO's, damage, etc)

But playing the game without an achievement you want to complete is just pointless. Just my opinion, I am not complaining just telling what a lot of people feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I do have achievements: win duels, get medals, conquer forts, find items and so on. The only thing that is not there anymore is experience. And experience is not everything. Of course is fun to see your character getting up in exp rank once in a while and the joy of more AP and SP, but that's kind of it. The rest is still the same!
And all those people who feel so bad wouldn't be playing anymore if they had nothing else left. There are still fun things to do and the hope that sooner or later the cap will be removed and the excitement of new features makes the game enjoyable at level 99.

DeletedUser6752

I thought this game was different things to different people - if it weren't, we wouldn't need 4 different character classes, just one, and everybody would be doing the same thing.
We'd have duelers with soldier bonuses, and no towns, because everybody was busy dueling.
But there are 4 classes, and all sorts of people with all sorts of in-game priorities. The classes were mapped out before the game went live, and we all fell into one of the four classes. There are people who like to build, who like to collect items, who like to earn lots of money, who like to duel - and, within the past several months, people who now like to fight in fort battles.

If the limitations of the game prevent a person's enjoyment of the game at some point, they can either leave or stay. If they leave, so be it. If they stay, there must be some reason.
Maybe that reason is certain changes and updates that have been promised along the way, in the 2 years that Roland and DSG and myself have been playing this game. Is it wrong for us to have stuck around to wait for things that were supposedly going to be released? Because that seems to be the logic directed toward Roland. He likes this game - that much is clear. Why should he - or anyone - just leave after having invested 2 years of time and $$, when a carrot has been dangled in front of all of us at various times?

Just to keep this post on-topic ... why would the developers come up with a feature (fort shops) when they had no earthly idea what to use it for? I can't even imagine the conversation that took place over that.

Duduie, it's nice that you have certain things that you still enjoy about this game - but what works for you doesn't work for everybody. Roland is a dueler - so am I. And I dread the point at which I reach level 99 (which is coming up fast in one world) because so much of what I enjoy about the game will be rendered useless at that time.
I already have all the gear I would ever need to buy from a store, so earning money isn't a big deal for me. But Quests? Where would the point be in doing them when there is nothing to gain? Why log in every day to work when I get absolutely nothing out of it? Dueling? The impression I get of dueling at level 99 is that of a never-ending slap-fight. Back and forth, with pretty much the same results every time.

Travel around the map with a donkey, just to get an award that says you did it? Not exactly worth logging in every day, to be honest. Most people play a game to either work towards the endpoint, if there is one, or to advance to further challenges down the road. If those challenges aren't available, then a player has every right to be disappointed.

I, for one, cannot think of a single game that is designed in order to remove a player's desire to continue playing - but with the level 99 cap, this game has come perilously close to that. The cap removal has been dangled in front of us like another carrot for I don't know how long - at some point, even that promise will not be enough to keep people coming back to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.