How to get the best items.

DeletedUser

Our town always seems to get the lamest items when we upgrade our shops.

Our builders are praying and only building with 100% motivation.

What are we missing?

Is it all just luck?

Is there a trick that one of you would like to share with me?

Thanks. :unsure:

DeletedUser

Higher labor points seems to lead to better products when building. So if you've got builders with low levels who are not pure, you'll get crappy products even if they've got 100% motivation. On the other hand, a pure level60+ builder will usually get great results.

DeletedUser

I noticed other thing. I think, items are distributed to shops depends on what surrounding towns get. So if your neighboor gets fancy items you will probably get normal or rusty ones and other way around. This is my view. you can try to see what towns around you have and compare. There is many theories about this, but nobody will tell you for sure, its just an every players opinion.

DeletedUser

I too have noticed a trend to similar items in clustered towns.
Items in shops seem to be grouped in small areas, and you have
to go 'Far' to get something different. (A fancy, or special Items)

For example: Look at Axes. If you find a Town with the regular,
or rusty one, there is almost never the 'Lumberjack' near by. If a
town next door has an axe, It's regular. all shops in the area will
have same types. :sad:

You have to travel quite a ways to find a the Lumberjack Axe,
and in that area... everyone's got it!:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

abedy & Sam L Boone, I think you may be reading a little too much into things. If I were a programmer for the game, no way would I add bits of code that look at nearby towns' items or, God forbid, nearby jobs in order to determine what items to give the next level of store. That would just add loads of unnecessary code to the game, making it heavier on the server usage.

Nice and simple: Labor points + random element. No fuss, no muss. :p

DeletedUser

I'll have to agree with Fly Parker on this one... I'm a programmer, and there is no way they add this sort of factor into the shop level ups. Yeah MAYBE prayer has something to do with it, and LP / motivation most likely has something to do with it, but definitely not items of surrounding towns.

Luck is luck, no matter how much you analyze the situation, it all boils down to the random factor.

DeletedUser

It's totally random. Even non-builders will get some fancy items.

DeletedUser

LP and motivation have no bearing. I finished a build with 33% motivation and got all sharp/precise. Also, we got same # of sharp and rusty no matter who was finishing buildings.

It's simply all random. Also re: clustering, just look on W10 in central banana county. Every item is represented among that cluster of towns.

DeletedUser

You'll not find a bigger skeptic when it comes to non-random job drop theories than I am.
BUT, I am convinced Shop Stock is by no means completely random!

Between worlds, Town founding locations; like jobs, are located identically on the map, though
Items in their shops ARE different.

Specific shop items may appear random, but I feel that they're chosen from a larger 'Template' of
items, (Or Seeds) and not from a database of ALL the items available in the game. This spreads
the 'Special' items further out across the map, and makes them rarer.

If truly random, you would not find similar clusters of specific items. (The same sets of waist coats,
boots etc. in the same local towns)
Distribution of ALL game items in all 40 'Counties' should
produce a more homogeneous distribution of 'Special' items as well. You DO NOT see this. Some
'Special' items appear to be found in largely spaced 'clusters'. (Which themselves could be random.)
Check out my axe example on any world, if you doubt.

With each new level of shop a certain number... and TYPE of Item is added. A couple low level things,
a hat, a new coat. The type of item is NOT random. You do not see 3 or 4 fancy items added at a
level up, EVER! In a random system this will happen. Believe my theory or not, some kind of 'template' is
already coded into the shops for insertion of new items at Level up. I do not claim to know how it works,
just that it does.

Item stock in shops is in NO WAY truly random! Unlike product drops, there are patterns... of exclusion!
Pick any clustered group of of towns on the map. With the Exception for one, or two items their stock is
nearly identical to each other!! look at another nearby cluster. Different... but the same. (Within the group)
Look for some Items like the Lumberjack Axe, a high level firearm, or Fancy Cotton Jacket.

I've convinced myself. I have done a lot of 'shopping'. If there is not a manufactured "Pattern" in stock
distribution I'll eat my fancy cap!

DeletedUser

You'll not find a bigger skeptic when it comes to non-random job drop theories than I am.
BUT, I am convinced Shop Stock is by no means completely random!

Between worlds, Town founding locations; like jobs, are located identically on the map, though
Items in their shops ARE different.

Specific shop items may appear random, but I feel that they're chosen from a larger 'Template' of
items, (Or Seeds) and not from a database of ALL the items available in the game. This spreads
the 'Special' items further out across the map, and makes them rarer.

If truly random, you would not find similar clusters of specific items. (The same sets of waist coats,
boots etc. in the same local towns)
Distribution of ALL game items in all 40 'Counties' should
produce a more homogeneous distribution of 'Special' items as well. You DO NOT see this. Some
'Special' items appear to be found in largely spaced 'clusters'. (Which themselves could be random.)
Check out my axe example on any world, if you doubt.

With each new level of shop a certain number... and TYPE of Item is added. A couple low level things,
a hat, a new coat. The type of item is NOT random. You do not see 3 or 4 fancy items added at a
level up, EVER! In a random system this will happen. Believe my theory or not, some kind of 'template' is
already coded into the shops for insertion of new items at Level up. I do not claim to know how it works,
just that it does.

Item stock in shops is in NO WAY truly random! Unlike product drops, there are patterns... of exclusion!
Pick any clustered group of of towns on the map. With the Exception for one, or two items their stock is
nearly identical to each other!! look at another nearby cluster. Different... but the same. (Within the group)
Look for some Items like the Lumberjack Axe, a high level firearm, or Fancy Cotton Jacket.

I've convinced myself. I have done a lot of 'shopping'. If there is not a manufactured "Pattern" in stock
distribution I'll eat my fancy cap!

Wow. All I can say is "Do you want fries with that?"

DeletedUser

Sorry for the 'Sermon on the Mount', but Non-believers have to be slapped
across the back of the head sometime to see the light!

Put on your tinfoil Hats!

Can I have an Amen! :laugh:

DeletedUser

actually, at one of our tailor levels, we got 3 fancy items at once (out of 3 possible). I also saw it happen to our neighbor on world 12.

I dunno, I would believe that perhaps the random seeding may be done by county, but on a per-city basis, I'd say it's almost completely random.

As I said, check out the center towns in Banana Republic county. Every item in the game can be found amongst those 10 or so towns there.

That makes me think perhaps it's seeded to make sure that a specific area gets every item, OR it's completely random.

DeletedUser

I can only speak for those worlds I have personally seen, but I believe it
is enough to observe evidence of a pattern... or Non-Pattern.

Not of pure Randomness.

If I'm reading it right, shaggs does too. :unsure: (I think...)

DeletedUser

I can only speak for those worlds I have personally seen, but I believe it
is enough to observe evidence of a pattern... or Non-Pattern.

Not of pure Randomness.

If I'm reading it right, shaggs does too. :unsure: (I think...)

Yes, possibly a pattern.

Maybe I'm also reading yours wrong, though.

What I'm seeing is a pattern of DIFFERENT things dropping in stores in a given area, and I believe you're stating the SAME things dropping in a given area in stores.

Either way, I've not had to move from the center of my county to buy a single item on W10. That could be evidence of a pattern one way or the other.

I do NOT however believe there's anything you can do to guarantee a specific item in stores.

DeletedUser

Someone sees it! (Or doesn't):laugh:

My ramble was to point out to the 'Doubters' reasons why the 'Stocking' was Not random... not to claim how precisely it was done.
That's what this thread is for. To figure out the pattern.

I can sleep soundly now! My work is done. :laugh: