World Two Duelling Tournament

Diggo11

Welcome to the World Two Duelling Tournament!

How it Works
  • The entrants will be ranked based on duelling level and split into divisions of up to sixteen people.
  • There will be four rounds each lasting one week. (This may be cut down if there are eight or less people to a division.) The draw for each round is attached. We reserve the right to edit it at any time.
  • A round will consist of two duels between the selected duellers, an offensive and defensive duel each. This can take place at any time between Monday 00:00 and Friday 09:00 Server Time.
  • On Friday both entrants must present the first offensive and defensive duel to myself. (Please send me a telegram ingame with links to published reports.) Failure to do so will result in disqualification and the other person moving on automatically.
  • Whoever inflicted the highest total damage will move on, the loser is knocked out.
  • To ensure this contest is not dominated by premium soldiers they will receive a slight handicap against them in their defensive duel. See the thread for more details.

The Requirements & Rewards
  • Although not necessary, it is highly advisable you have a duelling level over 100. This will avoid mismatches in the draw. If possible we may be able to hold a division for those underneath this, depending on how much interest we have.
  • You cannot attempt to "back to back duel" or "gang attack" another entrant to gain an advantage in the tournament for either yourself or a friend. This may lead to disqualification.
  • Please do not duel try any unconventional or unbalancing tactics such as duelling in working clothes or camping a hotel to gain an advantage over your opponent in the tournament. This will ruin it for everyone and you may be required to repeat the duel properly.
  • I will be speaking to Phil about rewards, but for now there is nothing set in stone. Remember you are the first world to trial this!

Registration
  • Please post here or message me ingame to register. If you are interested please do this ASAP so we can hopefully finish one round this week.

[spoil]
fixture2.png
[/spoil]

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Although not necessary, it is highly advisable you have a duelling level over 100. This will avoid mismatches in the draw.
This is not the only thing that will avoid mismatches. What will happen with 2 players from the same town?
And we just assume that a top 15 shooter/vigor will be lucky to fall in place with a resistance dueler?
Not to mention that soldiers with premiums have no match. Is fun to duel them and see what I do, but a tournament that calculates the total damage will not show the skillest dueler, but the luckiest.
I am still thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15747

I suppose I am in even though I am not a dueler :p
I do however have a dueling level of 108 so I suppose I might win 1 or 2 duels :p

DeletedUser

i might partake, does sound fun i do like dueling

EDIT: ok i am in, i will take part

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

what happens if two people from the same town are in the same division?

i'll join by the way. I'm ready for a little shooting someone's face off.:ph34r:

DeletedUser

Just join a sister town... you have 5 days to set up the 2 duels
And how is that fair when I know most of my member's (and not only) builds, since we give each other advices in dueling? I know you would be more than glad to duel your own members and friends specially if you knew their build, but that's not my style. :dry:

DeletedUser

I hope the battles will be fair, and no mismatches with ultra high soldier bonusses. Untill that happens, Im in

Diggo11

This is not the only thing that will avoid mismatches. What will happen with 2 players from the same town?
I was actually considering not releasing the draw for that reason, there will be mismatches. If possible we can modify the plan, eg 1v10 and 2v9 instead of 1v9 and 2v10. We'll only have to request a town swap when things get really bad.

And we just assume that a top 15 shooter/vigor will be lucky to fall in place with a resistance dueler?
With the exception of the qualifying round, the draw is "seeded" such that every other round is always top v bottom. That means no top dueller should be falling out ridiculously early, even against a resistance build. As always in a knock out tournament you do need a little luck though.

Not to mention that soldiers with premiums have no match. Is fun to duel them and see what I do, but a tournament that calculates the total damage will not show the skillest dueler, but the luckiest.
I am still thinking about it.
Just like every tournament someone may get lucky and cause an "upset", that's how these things go. Just remember it's a game though, if you dip out in the tournament then hey nothing lost but you had a fun time whilst it lasted.

As for premium soldiers, no answer yet. We could introduce a handicap for them if we could all agree on a fair amount?

DeletedUser

I like your answers, but I still have my doubts it will work. And is all about luck, who your dueling opponent will be and lets not forget the game luck factor.