Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

couple of ideas here. i had a quick look but didn't notice any of it suggested before

1. when you send messages to people have the buttons like when you edit the town profile with the buttons for [player] name [/player] [town ect... this would make it much quicker than typing it in all the time to gt the link.

my other idea is when you hover over the job witht the mouse its great to show many labour points you have and what you get but would be nice to see how much motivation you have for the job with out clicking on all the jobs all the time.

well thats that, i dunno if it would be hard to programe in or not but i think could be good.

Cheers.

Idea submitted in Minor Ideas #4

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Building completion

Something i miss is a notice in the town log when a building is completed. It only states how long a certain town member has worked. This way everyone knows where and when to look for new gear etc.

Something like
" PLAYER has constructed the building General store for 2 hours.
Genaral store level 3 was completed"

DeletedUser

Idea title: Change the product "Quarter" to "Silver Dollar" and its buy/sell valves
Details of idea: As we all know, the reward from shining shoes is a "Quarter" product but i'm sure as in real life, if you somehow be able to sell a Quarter, i'm pretty sure they wont give you a doller in return. my suggestion is to rename it to "Silver Dollar" and change its valves to $1 on buy/sell since im sure you wont buy a dollar for 2 dollars.
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: Since as i've been playing for some time, i seriously doubt that in real times in the west, that a quarter was of equal value to a dollar.

DeletedUser

In the settings/Pony Express there should be an option for if you are dueled. That by far is more important to the user than if a job is completed or if you are in active or inactive for two hours ... if you're being shot at, you may well need to take action including changing your aim/dodge, canceling a job and running for cover, sleeping, changing gear and fighting back, etc.

DeletedUser

When there is NEW FORT BATTLE declared and NEW QUEST appears - make corresponding icons flash with blue (like when you get new telegram or there is something new in town forum).

DeletedUser

1. When viewing a player's profile on a fort battle, there should also be a picture of his equipped fort gun with stated damage range rather than just a name for his fort gun.

This helps to remind players to equip the best optimal weapon.

2. The ability to see if players from your own town are KOed which should appear if you click the saloon on the town picture but since that also occupies the quests section, perhaps the Residents section on the town hall should a new column to see who among your town members are KOed.

I don't know a single person in the game who uses the town building to open quests instead of the much simpler Quest button. If you aren't already aware of it, this was the javascript Shulik's original town buttons GM script used, which is much simpler than what I usually used to recommend.

Code:
javascript:AjaxWindow.show('building_saloon',{town_id:Character.home_town.town_id},Character.home_town.town_id);

DeletedUser

Idea title: Movement animation

Details of Idea:
Have different kinds of animation for different kind of movements.. If you are walking, you could have the animation of a guy walking.. If you are riding a mule or a horse, then a man riding a mule/horse could be shown.

Does it meet the guidelines: I think so

Has it been proposed before: I don't think so

Reasons for proposal: Mostly cosmetic, but it could be sweet to see a different kind of animation if you are riding instead of walking

th_rejected.jpg

EDIT: Not minor... has been discussed before.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Spencer carbine

Details of Idea: Spencer carbines should be available as a weapon. They may have been a but outdated by the time this game is set, but hey, harquebuses were by far more so.

Does it meet the guidelines: I believe so.

Has it been proposed before: To the best of my knowledge, no.

Reasons for proposal: I think it would be an appealing and realistic fort battle weapon.

DeletedUser

Improved quest book

Details of idea: Quest book could easily provide a quick overview of necessary products, would avoid a lot of clicking
Visual Aid:
s11g60.gif

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes, i guess
Has the idea been posted before?: Searching for quest log i did not find anything like it, also read the entire minor ideas suggestions thread, and did not find anything
Reasons for submitting: Well, I do guess some people might find it more convenient to see all products and jobs on one page without having to delve into each quest on its own, i also thought that the quest log is unnecessary long by doing the divisions by quest giver - i hope this is visible on the mock-up I did(sorry for the bad quality, had to whip something up quickly on my laptop, and i simply can't get used to a trackpad.
By using this one page overview one could easily decide which jobs to queue without clicking too much - especially since some quest names don't provide help on which jobs/products are needed(ie. Maya quests listed here). Might also list the products needed in a different colour if we had what we need.

cheers,
longhoof

picture.php
partially... maybe not the extent you wanted but they got very close.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Town Chat noise
Details of idea: An option so that when some one comments on chat a noise is made like chatago chat rooms (can be turned off.
Visual Aid: N/A
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: So you could browse the fourms or do something else while waiting for people reply and know when they reply.

DeletedUser

hello hello, here is mine :)

Idea title:
Premium and Motivation

Details of idea:

Its quite simple i think. Just to add a extra bar which will show the motivation from the jobs.

Visual Aid: Picture

Does it meet the guidelines?:
No clue
Has the idea been posted before?: No clue :p

Reasons for submitting: It is just too frustrating to seek a full 100% job, specialy when you have a lot of them :laugh: So, this one would help a lot

DeletedUser

Suggestion: Delete ALL mail button.

I dont know if mine 2655 pages of mail take any resources from the system but if it does i'll certainly wont do it by hand. :)

DeletedUser

Proposal
If you have a town rank and you leave town, when you join it back you keep the position.

Current Workaround
Maybe one, a spy or someone who is a councilor or founder might rank someone then the ranked person leaves town.

Then the guy rejoins and kicks everyone out to save the first guys image, but that would really be the towns fault since they ranked the first person in the beginning and the town would see that the first guy ranked the second guy in the first place.

Details
I thought of this idea since I shop alot, and on the worlds where I'm ranked as a councilor I hate having to rejoin my town, re message my friend who is the mayor to ask for the rank again, which seems rude for me, and then wait for him to re rank me.

Abuse Prevention
Maybe all the ranked members in a town can have a screen with the names of all the ranked players out of town and they can de-rank them from inside the town?

Visual Aids
None needed.

Summary
This would make town management much more officiant and would help older worlds where town founders only get on once or twice a day.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Is this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Not so sure, this idea is quite minor and I really don't know.

DeletedUser22107

Two suggestions:

Have a button in your character or duel box to record your best duels (highest hit, highest total damage, and most difference in damage). Maybe even have a second one for best of the month.

When in a town store shopping create a space to show what you are wearing. You see everything in your bag but not what you have on. This would keep you from having to open the inventory to make sure you don't double purchase.

DeletedUser13020

Here's an easy one. Have the option to change the restriction setting on all incoming reports.

Link to it would best be put here.
rprt.png

That link would then open up a new window.
irsu.png

select whatever restriction you want, and now all incoming reports will be set to that setting. No more having to go through each report to change the setting to place 'em on your town's forums. If you ever wanted to change the setting for a single report you could still change it the way its done now. This is for people that do a lot of dueling and now find it annoying to have to go to every single report to change the setting on it because they are all initially set to private.

picture.php
Look at the bottom of the list Select all. Then in the middle there is a lock click on that and it will change all. Keep in mind more reports take up space. So setting it by default for everyone to keep forever would be a bigger server load to store them all.

DeletedUser

Idea Title:Locating
Details of Idea:Beside Mini map there would be a button showing Locate.You click on it and it shows Player Name/Town Name/Fort Name.You can then type in the name on in one of the fields relevant to your needs and then the map will center on the object you selected.
Visual Aid:Will add later.
Has the idea been posted before?:Yes/No
Reasons for submitting:I'm submitting this so it will be easier to locate players,towns and forts.It's alot easier than searching for a long time for a town you heard has a weapon or piece of gear you want.

DeletedUser

Idea Title:Add Friends
Details of Idea:eek:ne person should be able to add 10 Friends.
Does it meet the guidelines: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?:No, Used the search did not find any
Reasons for submitting: it will make easier if you want to send a message. now you have to search the name and some have weird name that you can't even remember.

Only 10 members to Add b/c it is good for the server. some people will add 100 members to friend list to prevent that.

picture.php
this is the alternative
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5146/42879900.png

DeletedUser

My Idea:

Add a class icon to the residents list in Town Hall.

I spend so much time sending messages to my Town's residents, and half the time is spent figuring out which class people are.

For instance:

Today in w12 we got the Tailor to level 4... I wanted to telegram all the Soldiers in my town to inform them that we got the Blue Shirt (VERY good low level dueling gear... +9 appear +8 aim)... I had to click every single person to see what class they are then send them a telegram.

It would save so much time to include a class icon next to the players level or before their name or something.

It wouldn't require much from a development standpoint, but adds ease of use to the gameplay and user interface.

Example of how simple it would be to implement:

PHP:
                            // Town Hall Residents listing script
<?php
$playerid = 1987435;
$townid = 9874;

$residents = mysql_query('SELECT player FROM towns WHERE '.$townid.' = townid');
$class = mysql_query('SELECT class FROM users WHERE '.$playerid.' = playerid');          // added
$level = mysql_query('SELECT level FROM users WHERE '.$playerid.' = playerid');
$donation = mysql_query('SELECT donate FROM towns WHERE '.$playerid.' = playerid');

$num_residents = mysql_numrows($residents);

echo("<table>");

$i=0;
while($i<=$num_residents){
    $player = mysql_result($residents, $i);
    $playclass = mysql_result($class, $i);           // added
    $playlevel = mysql_result($level, $i);
    $playdonate = mysql_result($donation, $i);

echo "<tr><td>".$i." - </td>"
            ."<td>".$player." - </td>"
            ."<td>".$playclass." - </td>"                   // added
            ."<td>".$playdonate." - </td></tr>";

$i++;
}

echo("</table>");
?>

As you can see with my example... there are only 3 lines that would need to be added to the existing Town Hall Residents List code... This is obviously just an example and doesn't exactly reflect The-West's programming... but it shows in theory how easy it would be to add.

There isn't much to discuss about this idea, as it is pretty straight-forward... but if you have comments / suggestions I'm always available :)

DeletedUser

Idea title: building privileges

Details of idea: the major of a town can give only a few members the right to build the town up so that non builder are not able to build up a town unless there major of a town

Does it meet the guidelines?: yes

Has the idea been posted before?: not as far as i know

Reasons for submitting: it would help for larger towns to keep better track of finances and helps prevent shoppers to come in to a town and sabotage the build of that town

th_rejected.jpg
Community rejected it and so did the developers. They like some chaos in towns.

DeletedUser

I want to put up a minor idea, letting other people see dueling reports from one world in another world. What I mean by this is that someone in world 8 dueled me and won by very little damage (20 damage difference!), and I wanted to show someone on world 12 the close duel.

I managed to copy and paste the URL fine, and then I pasted it on the telegram that I was going to send to the guy I wanted to show on world 12. When I previewed it it looked fine, like it was going to work. But then I clicked it and it said that the duel report didn't exist. I can see why they did this, so that you can't like intimidate someone on another world thats new by showing him a duel report from another world or something like that, but I think it can be fixed in an easy way.

At the bottom of the report, if it is from another world, it would say so in big, bold letters. So it would look like a regular dueling report, but it would lets say if you put it from world 8 to 12 it would say REPORT FROM WORLD 8 on the bottom of the report when I opened it on world 12. If I opened it on world 8, the same world, it wouldn't say that since it's on the same world.

Status
Not open for further replies.