DeletedUser

Thats what isnt 100% clear to me.

As i understand now battle goes in this order:
1. Defenders move
2. defenders shoot ?
2. or attackers move ?
4. Attackers shoot

Is it so?

Shooting is before moving, no matter what it says in the battle.

1. Defender shoot
2. Defender move
3. Attacker shoot
4. Attacker move

DeletedUser

Shooting is before moving, no matter what it says in the battle.

1. Defender shoot
2. Defender move
3. Attacker shoot
4. Attacker move

Are you sure? I might be wrong but few times when i was defending and in bad position on tower/wall - on first round i've set up to climb down. In these times i've moved down and didnt shoot.

DeletedUser

Are you sure? I might be wrong but few times when i was defending and in bad position on tower/wall - on first round i've set up to climb down. In these times i've moved down and didnt shoot.

Then you didn't have anyone in your LOS, because defenders always shoot before they move. That's the basis of the entire strategy used on Beta fort battles. I might be wrong about somethings, but that's an absolute fact that's often used to take one last shot with no risk.

Likewise, moving into other players' LOS can be risky, because you don't get a shot before you move, but after you move into the line of fire, if you're now the closest target to any attackers, they will get a shot at you in your new position, even if you were safe in the old one.

DeletedUser

Personally, I think any 3x3 tower is worth manning, unless possibly it's the only one.

not always. even if there is only one 3x3 tower, it can be worth manning depending on the size of the fort, cause that effects the number of attackers. if there are 140 attackers who may all be shooting at this one tower, then yes, there is no point. but if it is a small fort and there are only 50 attackers shooting at this tower, it may be worth it. all of the occupants will die, but the damage those 9 could inflict and the number of rounds they could hold off the enemy for could be crucial. there are always the offliners or online noobs who advance toward the edge of the tower, where they can't see the defenders in the back opposite side of the tower. after a few attackers have already died, and the noobs have advanced to the edge of the tower, those defenders may only be up against 30 attackers. of course, one or two of the suicidal defenders has prolly already died, but they are still able to inflict damage.

i remember specifically setting this as a strategy. i had to condemn 9 men to commit suicide, which they bravely did, but in doing so we separated the attackers enough to stop them, which was the most important part. when the attackers plan is to mount the walls and towers, to shoot at defenders inside the fort, manning that tower can be crucial. offliner attackers jumped on the walls and in another tower, and got slaughtered by defenders inside the fort. meanwhile, some of their allies were being held up by this one tower, effectively dividing an attack force so that the rest of the defenders could fight smaller groups of attackers rather than the whole group at once.

DeletedUser

Thats what isnt 100% clear to me.

As i understand now battle goes in this order:
1. Defenders move
2. defenders shoot ?
2. or attackers move ?
4. Attackers shoot

Is it so?

I agree with elmyr and know this is right:
1.Defenders attack
2. Defenders move
3. Attackers attack
4. Attackers move

This is how some defenders will be on a wall, and go one spot off it, but still hit you without you hitting them back.

DeletedUser

Thanks a lot to both of you. I must have missed my first shots as i was climbing from the tower only when i was to die in first round from enemy lined up in front of me.

DeletedUser

What about HBR items for speed, such as gray boots and green-just about everything- this i think would be faster- although there is a big mobility bonus from the indian set.

DeletedUser

HBR has no effect in fort battles :)

I think he's just referring to getting to fort battles, as per our Mexican's vs. Indian's discussion, the effect of which is huge, compared to the effect of HBR gear, which is miniscule.

DeletedUser

Then you didn't have anyone in your LOS, because defenders always shoot before they move. That's the basis of the entire strategy used on Beta fort battles. I might be wrong about somethings, but that's an absolute fact that's often used to take one last shot with no risk.

Likewise, moving into other players' LOS can be risky, because you don't get a shot before you move, but after you move into the line of fire, if you're now the closest target to any attackers, they will get a shot at you in your new position, even if you were safe in the old one.

Of course you are not wrong, what are talking about :razz:

Regarding not shooting, someting else could have hapened:

every atacker in your LOS could have been killed before you had a chance to shoot

DeletedUser

I dont know why i wasnt shooting these times but after Elmyr's message i was keeping an eye and i always was shooting first and then moved as defender.

DeletedUser

superb job! those are not just visual aids. you just gave me an accelerated course in fortbattle strategy. :cool: can't wait for my first battle! keep those visuals flowing in.

DeletedUser

so, what's the interest level in my posting some medium fort maps?

DeletedUser

i'd say very high. some player might have trouble translating a strategy from one fort size to another, or from a completed fort to an incomplete fort.

DeletedUser10480

I'm always interested since reportedly I'm the devil....yes, love to be hated.