Passed Foreign Price Reduction

How would you like to see this idea implemented?

• With a 2x foreign price multiplier

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • With a 1.5x foreign price multiplier

Votes: 71 58.2%
  • Not at all (ie keep the 4x foreign price multiplier)

Votes: 12 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

we'll all end up having all the same gear and all being clones of each other.

And this doesn't happen already through town-hopping? What world(s) are you on?

what's the point?

The point is that if the outsider levy is set low enough, then

- People will no longer be forced to town hop in order to buy the stuff they need

- towns will come to have much more cohesion thanks to their populations being much more stable, which will result in

- stronger inter-character relationships

- more joint (town) ventures and

- more player interaction

What's the point in preventing all these good things from happening by maintaining a meaningless price differntial ?

I'll still town hop for large purchases.

Ditto - which is why even taking it down to 1.5 x isn't enough to make any real difference...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

anything less than 2x defeats part of the purpose of the town, ie you join a town to get gear without paying an arm & leg. At 2x, I think most players would still join a town, unless it was an emergency purchase, but at 1.5x, many players probably wouldn't even bother joining the town, but would just pay the premium.

DeletedUser

any medium or better level player ALREADY are basically clones of each other when it comes to gear, since by that level everyone know what gear really helps at a lot of jobs and what gear doesn't. If the backpack is introduced without a storage building for the rest of the gear, most players gear will be even more uniform than it already is, due to limited space.

DeletedUser16806

THIS.

Although I think that will happen regardless once inventory limits are introduced, lowering prices will only speed the process.

DeletedUser

anything less than 2x defeats part of the purpose of the town, ie you join a town to get gear without paying an arm & leg. At 2x, I think most players would still join a town, unless it was an emergency purchase, but at 1.5x, many players probably wouldn't even bother joining the town, but would just pay the premium.

Completely agreed. Most players join town to duel/build or to have access to cheaper clothes.

DeletedUser

anything less than 2x defeats part of the purpose of the town, ie you join a town to get gear without paying an arm & leg.

But characters don't join towns at the moment - they flit from town to town depending on what piece of gear they need at the time. They don't stay anywhere long enough to join anything - which is the whole point here. If it was feasible to get needed gear without having to leave town, then characters would indeed stick around towns long enough to join in with things.

The 'all ending up as clones if prices are lowered for outsiders' argument is equally nonsensicial. Making prices more reasonable to outsiders would only mean that they could stay in their own towns when making purchases at others. In fact, since characters would be paying slightly more for kit than they do now (when, as everyone knows, they just flit around to buy stuff at residents prices) it would actually take slightly longer to get the most popular kit than it does now !!! :rolleyes:

DeletedUser19900

I understand the choices given here are something that the developers can do quite quickly, but, in the long run, I think a a tax-rate set by the town founders/councilors' with the tax (or good portion of it) going to the treasury would add a neat dynamic to the game.

Heck, you could even set up different tax structures, like 'members of these listed towns get preferred tax rate, members of these listed towns get an "ok" tax rate, and these listed towns get a prohibitively expensive rate cuz we don't want them shopping here'.

This would help towns grow as a 'business' not so much as something relying upon certain key members of the town donating, and introduce a bit of competition as well (I mean, ultimately you want your treasury to expand so the town can expand, thus set the tax rate competitively, yet high enough).

Just a thought, of course, I know that requires a lot more development than the simple changes suggested in the poll.

DeletedUser

I am inclined to go with 1.2, since 1.5 is still way too much. I would not use it but it's better than 4. The multiplier has to be a small number, decent enough for a hard working laborer to cover. It would still be less comfortable than buying from your own town, but a good option to use if you don't want to mess with you leaving timer.

DeletedUser

Although i've voted for 1.5, i think maximum it should be like 1.2, max 1.3
The reason is in the amount of money thats needed to buy best/expensive items. Like the best gun - 15.4k, other must have items that have a price about 9-10k. So for example if an item cost 10k. My expenses for getting it would be - 250 x 4 nights of sleep - that is for just 1k i can go and buy this item saving money. I'd be willing to pay 12k, max 13k (that is 1-2k more) for convenience. But that would be max.
In addition we need to keep in mind that amount of money from jobs will be drastically reduced after update so people will count their money even more.
So if the dev intend is to withdraw as ,uch money as they can - i think 1.2 would be the best choice as lots of people would be using it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In addition please do not forget that when trading will be implemented people will sell for prices lower then shops for outsiders. So if devs want people still continue to buy items from shops - they shouldkeep price for outsiders reasonably low too.

Status
Not open for further replies.