Passed Changes to Dueler Advantages

Would you like to see this idea implemented into the game?

• Yes

Votes: 97 62.2%
  • No

Votes: 59 37.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal

A lot of people are complaining about the Dueler's advantages. They are considered way weaker than those of the Soldier and all in all can be deemed useless. My idea is to revamp the advantages of the dueler class and introduce new ones.

Details

These are the changes I propose:

• gearj.jpg
    In duels you get an extra 10% of your skill points from equipped gear.
The 1st current advantage is that speed on the map is increased by 10% which is a joke. A simple donkey worth $250 gives you 25% speed. This so call advantage is neither used in early, nor in late game.

• motivation.png
    The motivation for dueling raises faster. It is increased 40% faster.
Duelers still receive their motivation faster, but at 40%. Now this makes a difference. Paired up with premium, that's 18 motivation points a day. People who are not interested in 0 motivation dueling, will have more duels every day.

• cashv.jpg
    You receive 25% more money in a duel.
Summary

I believe what I propose is reasonable enough not to mess with any of the balance in the game. Duelers will become more aggressive, they will duel more(motivation bonus), they will receive bonus in their attacks(aim bonus) and finally it will be up to chance whether they get their finishing move.

Changes

Previous suggestion, not to be considered:

• appearance.jpg
    In duels you receive a bonus of 50% to your appearance skill.
If duelers receive a bonus of 50% to their appearance skill, this actually puts them back on the track. Soldier's are the masters of defending, why not duelers be what their supposed to be?

Reason for deletion: This will negate the soldier's bonus and thus hinder other classes.

• aimz.jpg
    In duels you receive a bonus of 10% to your aim skill
Reason for deletion: Same as appearance. Aim is a disadvantage for other classes, while dodging is a "neutral" skill.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

Moved with a discussion period of one week. I have chopped the existing part of the thread as it's now up for voting, not for suggesting entirely different ways to improve the class (eg changes to character quest).

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Agreed with motivation and money, but don't like the gear thing. I propose changing it for

Your HP regenerates 25% faster

or

Your dueling level raises 25% slower

DeletedUser

Your dueling level raises 25% slower

That almost seems like a contradiction with the faster motivation increase. I guess it would be for some people's own good, but a lot of people want a high dueling level.

Anyway:

[not] for suggesting entirely different ways to improve the class (eg changes to character quest).

Edit: Adding a reply to the post below me to avoid too much of an off topic conversation. That is true, you would be more able to use duels for XP without having your DL get too out of hand, but like I said, some people want a high DL.

DeletedUser

Wow sorry I didn't saw the ''no posting completely different'' post, but it isn't a contradiction, because

With higher motivation you will gain more Experience

With more time to duel-level up, you'll duel level will stay low so you don't have to attack people 20 levels higher than you, and you still get Experience, even more because of motivation and more duels won.

DeletedUser

If Diggo has said so, then I'm not going to suggest anything anymore.

However, I do have a few questions about the 1st advantage.
- Does it only affect duels? (Just to confirm)
- What are the skills that could receive bonus? Does HP count?

Diggo11

You are more than welcome to suggest changes to the bonuses, however any changes should be tweaks rather than change for the sake of change.

DeletedUser

Hp is not a dueling skill...
Then you don't need HP but you can still duel? Duel with 0HP? HP might not be considered dueling skill, but it is a requirement. And in case you might say something like "I answered my own question", the proposal only says "In duels you get an extra 10% of your skill points from equipped gear." It doesn't say what skills.

Then what are those skills that could receive bonus? Or basically everything, which is including Vigor/Shooting, Aim, Dodging, Reflex, Toughness, Appearance, Tactics?

Edit:
It says "in duels".
I forgot what the reason why I asked that question. It surely wasn't because I didn't read the proposal, it was something else. But I just forgot...

DeletedUser20647

Then what are those skills that could receive bonus? Or basically everything, which is including Vigor/Shooting, Aim, Dodging, Reflex, Toughness, Appearance, Tactics?

No, you get 10% towards repairing and fine motor skills too.

DeletedUser

All skill points gain from the advantage, but only the skills in duels make any sense. You don't use Hiding when attacking. And no, fort battles don't favour from the advantage.

Also Health Points is not a dueling skill. You can check the dueling skills at the "Duel" screen. You don't use it neither for attacking nor for defenses. It cannot just rise for the duel and then normalize after it again.

DeletedUser

Also Health Points is not a dueling skill. You can check the dueling skills at the "Duel" screen. You don't use it neither for attacking nor for defenses. It cannot just rise for the duel and then normalize after it again.

It absolutely is a dueling skill. Any skill that directly affects the outcome of a duel is a dueling skill. I've won duels despite doing less damage and lost duels despite doing more. If the loser in either case had more hp, they would have won.

I really don't think this idea was ready for Development Discussions. There is way too much disagreement on what needs to be done.

DeletedUser

i like the orginal idea. the original idea can be left alone and be submitted for further voting and polls

DeletedUser

i like the orginal idea. the original idea can be left alone and be submitted for further voting and polls

That isn't the original idea. The original idea was the appearance bonus that's always suggested.

DeletedUser

i like the aim bonus part and more money won along with appearance in the duel parts and i am willing to sacrifice the other parts of it, as long as we get those

DeletedUser

Proposal

A lot of people are complaining about the Dueler's advantages. They are considered way weaker than those of the Soldier and all in all can be deemed useless. My idea is to revamp the advantages of the dueler class and introduce new ones.

Details

These are the changes I propose:

• gearj.jpg
    In duels you get an extra 10% of your skill points from equipped gear.
The 1st current advantage is that speed on the map is increased by 10% which is a joke. A simple donkey worth $250 gives you 25% speed. This so call advantage is neither used in early, nor in late game.

I agree with this one, but fixing the percentage. 10% is like 1 or 0 more point for each skill. Example: my coat has:

+13 shooting
+13 tactics
+13 riding
+12 health points

I would receive 1 more. Nad maybe my hat has 8 evasion, so I would receive 0,8 i mean zero, because it cannot reach 1.

Maybe just re-scale for 15-25% so we can get something with the rounded numbers.

DeletedUser

No, you get 10% towards repairing and fine motor skills too.

Oi, so you need 10% to Hiding and Stamina too. Just in case you notice your opponent is too tough, then you could run and hide :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.