Minor Ideas Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Notice!

The Minor Idea's Thread is now closed! Minor ideas should from now on be posted in separate threads in the main Ideas Section.

The new guidelines for posting ideas can be found here: <Guidelines for posting ideas>
. Please read this before posting ideas.

I would appreciate if those of you who currently have active minor ideas in this thread could move these to into new threads yourselves.

Regards,
Rebow

Minor Ideas

The minor ideas thread is for undisputed common sense items that require minimal effort to implement. Examples of what belong here include providing a read forum icon, displaying the server time at the bottom of the page and providing a "centre map" button on town profiles.

The idea of this thread is for simple common sense items that should require no discussion. If you dispute an idea listed here you should make ONE post explaining why. If the response does not adequately address your issue you should then carry the idea over to a new thread for discussion, leaving a link to the discussion thread in this this thread. This will help to keep the thread on track and free of spam.

When posting a minor idea please use the following form. It is important that this format be used so all necessary details are covered. Any idea that intentionally or entirely disregards this form will be considered spam.
Idea title: Put the title of your idea here.
Details of idea: As ideas here are supposed to be simple, you should be able to fit the bulk of your idea in a few lines.
Visual Aid: Optional, only add if necessary to convey the idea.
Reasons for submitting: Why would you like to see this implemented? Does it enhance the gameplay, user interface, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Minor idea: Mass mail to battle participants

Mass mail to battle participants

Simple idea, that I havent found on forum yet (at least I hope):

Founder or councilor of town that owns fort has ability to send mass mail to his/hers fort battle participants...

Implementation:
In window that opens and shows all players that are participating your side, there is "Send mass mail" button which open new message with all participants included in receiver text box

Edit: Sent to Developers

DeletedUser

Battle Recruit List Sorting

Details:
It would be very useful to also be able to sort the Battle Recruit List alphabetically on Character Name as well as Town Name (i.e. one or the other, switching between them as desired).

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes.

Has the idea been posted before?: No.

Reasons for submitting: It is necessary for (e.g.) more swiftly assigning priority to players logging in to a third-party chat room (and thereby demonstrating that they are Online for the battle and ready to follow instructions). Battle priority is often promised to Online players in advance, but those last ten minutes or so before a battle starts can be very frantic - especially for large battles. It needs to be much easier / quicker to find these Character Names in the Battle Recruits List.

picture.php

DeletedUser

Dueling Rank added on players profiles.

Details: This is a pretty simple idea, so far on profiles we have Class, Level, Dueling Level and Rank. However there is no Dueling Rank which is just as important to know whether the person you intend to duel is a high ranked one, it should be easy to implement and there is plenty of space below Rank.

Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes

Has the idea been posted before?: Not that I can see.

Reasons for submitting: This seems like a helpful idea which I haven't seen mentioned on these boards before, it would save time as instead of going through the process of going to the records, then to duel rankings and typing the name down you can just view it on their profile.

picture.php

DeletedUser

Flashing Quest Notifacation

Well, I accept quests and never finish them. Sometimes a never go to the quest book for at least 1-2 weeks on some accounts. I think it would be helpful if their was a question mark that showed up next to the quest tab Or it flashes (Like when you have a new telegram or Report), Telling you that you have a quest complete.

DeletedUser

For the love of god, please add an "hour and 30 minutes" option to the work time selection list. For 18 energy of course.

DeletedUser

showing forts on the minimap

So far only your own town is shown on the minimap at the bottom right of the map screen. Like this:

x52vjn.jpg

Showing your town's forts would be a small update there. I'm talking about your town's own, but also the allied forts. This way you can find places to sleep a lot easier without having to go through the list with forts all the time.

This is especially handy if your town is a member in like 10 forts. This way you can see where they are a lot quicker!

It would look like this:

2ebagls.jpg

On the big map you also can't see which forts are allied and which are not. Maybe these forts could be made blue, just like your town is on the (mini)map.

Translation by Muf-Muf

picture.php
sort of.

DeletedUser

Red and Yellow lights in ranking section

Detail : Put those Red and Yellow lights (indicators if u havent loged in for more than 2 or 7 days) in front of every player in the Ranking section.

Reasons for submitting: Well, i as Counselor of town, am supposed to take care of recruitment.
What i do, as evrybody else, is open ranking and start looking for townless people.
But, like 85% of people who doesent have a town are just not playing anymore, so recruiting is very hard if u have to waste so many invites and so much time on idle people.
With that i / we could just see and skip the ones with red dots in the ranking and recruitment would be at least 58.4 times easier.

EDIT: Denied - Very abuse prone.

DeletedUser13484

Fort Battle (starring)

When giving stars out in fort battle need to have something that tells you how many you have given out so you dont have to count them one by one.

Its hard to keep track of how many that you have given out.

picture.php
battle recruitment window is numbered and is sortable.

DeletedUser20975

Maybe a town/fort finder if there isnt one

picture.php
EDIT: V1.27 fort search was finally implemented

DeletedUser

Link to Ranking

Idea title: Link to Ranking
Details of idea: It's quite simple, when I want to show off my ranking on my profile in the current situation I have to consantly check if it's still the same. With introducing direct links I didn't have to check the rankings anymore making it always accurate.
Visual Aid: No, it's simple just introduce new BB-codes linking to the ranking table.
For Example: [vigorrank]
Shown on Profile: Vigor | Position 293 | 128 Vigor
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes/No
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: I think it would give players a handy new option for their profile.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Adaptable ranking search

Details of idea: Whilst looking at normal rankings for a town or a player you have the option to scroll up or down to view the above/below 15 ranks (where possible). I'd simply like the option of doing so when you 'Search' for a town or player, as often there will be more than 15 results, but you can only see the top 15.

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No (Not as far as I am aware)

Reasons for submitting: It will make it much easier to find/follow players and towns. More specifically it will make it much easier to keep track of all towns in an 'alliance' or 'coalition'.

DeletedUser

Adding distance to the Church

Details of idea: Adding a simple timer to the church menu so you can see how long you'll have to walk to get there. Pretty much all buildings where you can walk to have such timers, except the church.
Visual Aid:
plaatjemetdistanceerbij.jpg

Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No (not as far as I know)
Reasons for submitting: Well, as I said a few lines back, shops, hotel, sign post and all jobs got such timers, except for the church. So why not add it to the church as well? I think it'd be only a few lines of coding, so the idea is pretty simple.

Sent to Developers

DeletedUser

Idea Name:Bank Timer
Details of Idea:Like shops why can't a Bank have a timer.You don't have to click on a shop and press the walk button and then go to the bank.You can click on the Signpost Icon in a bank to go there without side-tracking.
Visual Aid:N/A
Does it meet the guidelines: Yes/No
Has the idea been posted before: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting:To give people an easier option of banking without side-tracking yourself as in going to a shop and clicking the signpost and then going to the bank.

DeletedUser

Idea title: Center map on a queued job

Details of idea:
Present limitation: Right now if you are working job and have another one queued, there's no way to know where the queued job (or hotel) is. You can only center the map on the job you are currently working.

Suggested idea: Make it so if you click on the job in the queue it will center the map on that job.

Reasons for submitting: Enhace gameplay.

picture.php
Edit: Implemented v1.27

DeletedUser

Idea title: Dual Rankings
Details of idea: My Idea is to sort the duel rankings in multiple ways.
You can sort it by:
Experience, Won/Lost battles, difference between won & lost battles and your duel level
Has the idea been posted before?: Yes/No
Reasons for submitting: This way you can also see you're ranking on your dual level and your amount of won duels and not only on the amount of experience you've gained.

Dutch topic: http://forum.the-west.nl/showthread.php?t=17297

picture.php

DeletedUser8627

Is there any possibility to get the limit of the quest book raised? It is sitting at a limit of 10 accepted quests which was fine until we were given mass new quests. My Saloon looks like a zoo now and quite confusing with unaccepted quests and quests I am busy doing. Many of the new quests are also quite high jobs to get unlocked which I don't see myself getting for awhile.

Just a thought.

Idea title: Date of birth
Details of idea: It's not about when you are born. It's about when you started to play the-west. For example: On my profile to be written when I stared to play on world 1. exp.(20.03.2009)
Visual Aid: N/A
Does it meet the guidelines?: Yes
Has the idea been posted before?: No
Reasons for submitting: I would like to know when I actually start to play this game and how long I'm already playing it. It is also good for town founders to be able to see witch player when start with playing so they would know who is good or bad/slow player and who is fast learning player.;)

Idea submitted in Minor Ideas #4

DeletedUser

Idea title:Finding quest products
Details of idea: If the quest wants you to find some products. It should show you what job to do and where to find it on the map.
Visual Aids: N/A
Does it meet the guidelines?:yes
Has the idea been posted before?:I don't thinks so
Reasons for submitting: So you do not have to going through the list on the map and to help you find where to get the product.

Idea submitted in Minor Ideas #4

Status
Not open for further replies.